Groups

Soft sentences in court

Has anybody ever complained about a soft court sentence given out to someone
    gov.uk/ask…iew

17 Comments

Banned

I wouldnt be surprised if he had anything to do with his "missing partner"

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Not heard about that

Banned

snoopy18

Not heard about that

Its in your link

"The court heard Bell’s ex-partner, who he cared for, had gone missing last November and he was hoping to hear from her."

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Its in your link "The court heard Bell’s ex-partner, who he cared for, h … Its in your link "The court heard Bell’s ex-partner, who he cared for, had gone missing last November and he was hoping to hear from her."

Ah I see, yes anything is possible

Newcastle Crown Court going bloody soft on criminals (_;)

I really, and I mean I really do not mean to demean the situation with the NHS at the present time but the fact is the only thing more overcrowded than our hospitals, are our prisons. As its stands our current system of law is (with the exception of a few heinous crimes) you can do what you like as long as you pay a fee for it.

Banned

Well my soft soft mattress is calling for me right now.

Feeling sorry for all of those laying on a thin blue pvc mattress still drunk out of their skulls in Police custody in England right now. NOT

PMSL at the lot of the idiots.

summerof76

Newcastle Crown Court going bloody soft on criminals (_;)

The whole of the UK is bloody soft on criminals

And when criminals do get locked up because "we" have to abide by Human Rights prison doesn't actually become a deterrent.

I wait for the time when being convicted and given a custodial sentence means you lose any rights other than the right to life all (or most) other rights should be rescinded because "you" chose to commit a crime

Then hopefully the figures on the link will reduce dramatically

open.justice.gov.uk/reo…ns/

The prosecution can appeal in very limited circumstances through the Attorney General for an unduly lenient sentence but this sentence seems pretty average, shocking, unfair but a reflection of the current state of the justice system it seems.

i do not know if it is true evrywhere but around here it never ceases to amaze me how many of these offenders have suddenly got offers of jobs or college places or are carers of sick mothers. Equally many have a criminal past but have turned their lives around and have an unblemished record for the last two and a half weeks and have a baby on the way. Have I missed anything else of the barristers tick list?

Banned

YouDontWantToKnow

Is it possible some of the judges took bribes or were coerced ?

Banned

One day it will be the leader of Hamas in a court, then Netanyahu in a court, being tried for war crimes against humanity. I hope the judges aren't soft on that day!

when criminals leave prison they should never want to go back. But seems they get Xbox and anything else they want. so when back out everything is worth the risk, most likely they will get away with it and if not back to 3 meals a day and Xbox.

Before making a complaint, I would make sure I had all the relevant information. Are you relying solely on the Sun for your information or have you read the court transcripts and come to your own conclusion from that?

I'm not saying the judge is right or wrong, I'm just saying the Sun will portray a story in whichever manner makes the best/most shocking headline.

A case like this will always grab attention but the reality is people walk from courts everyday even after killing someone without reading the court transcripts we will never know why. Mental illness perhaps could be one of the reasons

his remorse ? hes not

The whole system is broken. By default you only serve half your sentence, there's no such thing as a reduction for good behaviour (which in itself is insane), it's actually that you serve half and only do it all for bad behaviour.

The fact you can have concurrent sentences says it all. I can't go to work for a week and say I did three weeks at the same time, it's another case of rewarding the worst of society.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions