Groups

SoftUK - What's the score?!?

Hey up all...

I bought a game from these a few weeks ago and it arrived in no time. Great service, but on applying to their Collectors club I haven't recieved a confirmation email or log in details. Then looking on HDUK I see that theynhave been struck off.

I've even tried phoning them but couldn't get through. The site however is still running and seems able to take orders...

Does anyone know anything I don't?

Cheers!!!

68 Comments

Original Poster

Posted this as my 1st attempt seemed was in the wrong forum.

Can one of the mods delete it pleas? Sorry about that!

Theyve been struck off hmmm good job i didnt buy that game off them the other day

Softuk gone - now gamecollection please

We are currently not allowing deals from softUK, see admin's c]omment here.

emmajk42

We are currently not allowing deals from softUK, see admin's c]omment … We are currently not allowing deals from softUK, see admin's c]omment here.

Whilst this is completely understandable from HUKD's management position it is regrettable for the HUKD members because Soft do some really good deals from time to time.

Do any of the mods or admin know if Soft have responded and if not would there be any good in individual Soft customers like myself contacting them and asking them to make themselves compatible with HUKD ? (Or maybe even asking them why they aren't allowed on HUKD anymore ?)

Regards

Hi guys,

There were a few issues we had with softuk but end of the day the problem is when we started digging back we found a continued case of self-promo from softUK even though we had warned them months ago to stop.

So at this point they are on the no-post list for breaking the self-promo rule. I don't when/if we will pull them off. I don't like it when we have been in conversation and have warned a merchant and then they continue to flout that.

Admin

Hi guys,There were a few issues we had with softuk but end of the day the … Hi guys,There were a few issues we had with softuk but end of the day the problem is when we started digging back we found a continued case of self-promo from softUK even though we had warned them months ago to stop.So at this point they are on the no-post list for breaking the self-promo rule. I don't when/if we will pull them off. I don't like it when we have been in conversation and have warned a merchant and then they continue to flout that.

Fair enough then, no arguments there :x
    Can't help but wonder though just why companies/persons would want to bite the hand that feeds in this way. :thinking:
    Pure greed..................................

Knowing the amount of people (myself included) that snap up these cheap game deals, it will be a bit of a kick in the balls for them..........................shame. :giggle:

Syzable

Knowing the amount of people (myself included) that snap up these cheap … Knowing the amount of people (myself included) that snap up these cheap game deals, it will be a bit of a kick in the balls for them..........................shame. :giggle:

Very eloquently put Sy, you off to church now ? :w00t: :giggle: :whistling:

hottoshop

Very eloquently put Sy, you off to church now ? :w00t: :giggle: … Very eloquently put Sy, you off to church now ? :w00t: :giggle: :whistling:

I'm giving the service. :w00t:

Syzable

I'm giving the service. :w00t:

Excellent ! Can't beat a bit of Fire and Brimstone on a lazy Sunday morning ! Give 'em Hell :evil: :viking:

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologise to Hotukdeals and it members for the problems experienced with the referral codes and spamming issues which has been highlighted to us. We have been discussing these issues with Hotukdeals and I hope our recent offers to resolve this will be accepted?

mod edit: removed self promotion paragraph

With regards to self promotion I am not aware that this has taken place. If this is the case, I will do everything in my power to ensure this is stopped.

mod edit: removed self promotion paragraph 2

I hope this can be resolved so everyone involved can benefit again from the regular offers we are running.

Steven Wright
    Softuk.com

Steven - you need to send it to this link. Nothing will be dealt with in this thread. :thumbsup:

]http//ww…php

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback folks.

[SIZE=2]Just sent you a PM Steven.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Cheers![/SIZE]

i phoned up soft uk about 2 months ago (and actually got through believe it or not) to enquire about nintendo wii's and was told they were in stock so i ordered one, 4 weeks later after having the money taken from my account instantly and numerous phone calls which i couldn't get though to the ******* they eventually picked it up and i was told that they phone you to check your details before they send it out, I said i wanted it b4 this xmas and not next xmas and asked for a refund which i received about a week l8r.

Total cowboys.:x

hamza123

i phoned up soft uk about 2 months ago (and actually got through believe … i phoned up soft uk about 2 months ago (and actually got through believe it or not) to enquire about nintendo wii's and was told they were in stock so i ordered one, 4 weeks later after having the money taken from my account instantly and numerous phone calls which i couldn't get though to the ******* they eventually picked it up and i was told that they phone you to check your details before they send it out, I said i wanted it b4 this xmas and not next xmas and asked for a refund which i received about a week l8r.Total cowboys.:x

Hi Hamza,

You will probably be aware that the Nintendo Wii's are in very short supply presently and there are very few suppliers who actually have the Wii's in stock. We were very lucky to have a small number in stock and as iIm sure you can imagine we sold out within less than an hour. All orders we take will work on a first come first served basis. It is also our policy to make further security checks before sending out any high value item helping protect us and our customers.

If you feel you have been unfairly treated please send me a private message with your details and I will look into your order for you personally.

Kind Regards

SteveWright
    Softuk.com

First time I had dealt with SotfUK was for PES2008 for my PS3.

It was a deal posted on that was at the time the best price (£31.49 including a £5 new customer code).

After that, shopto came up with an even better deal, and I know lots of people cancelled. However, I stuck with it, and glad I did as I received my game the 2 days before launch, and looking at shopto, lots of people had problems!

My experience was very good, and am glad they are on here to address peoples concerns!

steven Wright

Kind RegardsSteveWright Softuk.com

I love you on Radio 2. :w00t: :giggle:

Yes - I have never heard that one before! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable

I love you on Radio 2. :w00t: :giggle:

Thanks for that Syzable... You are in danger of making my japes look good!:giggle:

I have shopped several times with Softuk and they have been very good, but only of late things have gone bad in my opinion. I am a soft collector so should get money back on my purchases but have not been given this cashback, very disappointed so contacted them, but have had no reply in 5 days. Also just purchased another item which is again not showing as cashback paid, to top this off the playstaion 2 game I have just received looks second hand, not sealed and cover marked all over (was going to be a xmas gift), again contacted them wanting a refund or replacement and again NO reply as yet.

I dint think I will be using these again.

steven Wright

Hi Hamza,You will probably be aware that the Nintendo Wii's are in very … Hi Hamza,You will probably be aware that the Nintendo Wii's are in very short supply presently and there are very few suppliers who actually have the Wii's in stock. We were very lucky to have a small number in stock and as iIm sure you can imagine we sold out within less than an hour. All orders we take will work on a first come first served basis. It is also our policy to make further security checks before sending out any high value item helping protect us and our customers.If you feel you have been unfairly treated please send me a private message with your details and I will look into your order for you personally.Kind RegardsSteveWright Softuk.com

Steve,

My order is now cancelled due to the fact that i could not get through to Soft uk on the phone for roughly 4 weeks, it was either engaged or straight on to an answer machine. I was contacted once (missed the call) but was never contacted again.

If you wanted to discuss this with me you could have tried calling back or picking up the phone when i called, but registering on hotdeals to discuss customers problems isn't the best way to run a business.;-)

crazy3

I have shopped several times with Softuk and they have been very good, … I have shopped several times with Softuk and they have been very good, but only of late things have gone bad in my opinion. I am a soft collector so should get money back on my purchases but have not been given this cashback, very disappointed so contacted them, but have had no reply in 5 days. Also just purchased another item which is again not showing as cashback paid, to top this off the playstaion 2 game I have just received looks second hand, not sealed and cover marked all over (was going to be a xmas gift), again contacted them wanting a refund or replacement and again NO reply as yet.I dint think I will be using these again.

Hi Crazy 3,

Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced recently. You should not have been sent a second hand copy of any game as we only sell brand new games! If I can do anything please let me know. I will require some details in a PM so I can look into this for you?

Please can you also provide details on your collectors account. I am keen to get to the bottom of this for you?

Kind Regards

Steve

hamza123

Steve,My order is now cancelled due to the fact that i could not get … Steve,My order is now cancelled due to the fact that i could not get through to Soft uk on the phone for roughly 4 weeks, it was either engaged or straight on to an answer machine. I was contacted once (missed the call) but was never contacted again.If you wanted to discuss this with me you could have tried calling back or picking up the phone when i called, but registering on hotdeals to discuss customers problems isn't the best way to run a business.;-)

Hi Hamza,

Sorry you feel this way. I'm only trying to address the problems you have raised. I have sent a PM if you want to deal with it this way.

Kind Regards

Steve

To Steve Wright,
    I to have been having trouble about a game I ordered and arrived damaged.I have tried emailing, phoning and even writing to your Mayfair address but I havn't had any reply. I have returned the game to your Croydon return address and asked for a refund but still have not heard anything. Can you find out what is going on as there seems no way to get any responce from you customer support.
    Antony Wright.

antonywright

To Steve Wright,I to have been having trouble about a game I ordered and … To Steve Wright,I to have been having trouble about a game I ordered and arrived damaged.I have tried emailing, phoning and even writing to your Mayfair address but I havn't had any reply. I have returned the game to your Croydon return address and asked for a refund but still have not heard anything. Can you find out what is going on as there seems no way to get any responce from you customer support.Antony Wright.

Hi Anthony,

The Halo 3 Limited Edition game was actually designed with a design fault on the casing and in some cases (like this) it can cause damage to the disc.

The reason for the delay was due to the game being returned to the London address. A full refund was applied to your account on Friday 23rd last week when the game was received by our returns department. I have sent a PM also.

Once again sorry for the problems.

Kind Regards

Steve

Steve, whilst you're visiting can you answer my question please ?

Why do some of the DS games ordered from SoftUK come through in black cases and some opaque ?
    Could you possibly be specific in your listings as the black cased DS games do not carry Nintendo VIP stars (when applicable) and collectors like my lad get awful upset when they don't get their stars ? !!

I assume the black cased ones are sourced in Asia/N. America ??

Many thanks for your time

Well I'm impressed that Steve has come on here to answer queries personally instead of hiding behind a website - I've never had any problems with SoftUK before, and if anything comes up at a price that suits me, I wont have any qualms about ordering again

Steve - you can email me the 50% voucher code or just pm it to me :giggle:

Seriously, congrats !

I to have had problems with softuk. I placed an order on 07/11 and still no delivery. No reponse to Vm (when it isn't engaged) or emails. I have sent a PM to Steve to see if this matter can be resolved. Just out of interest, i know if you have paid for something by credit card you can claim the money back after 30 days, does anything like this exist for Maestro?

I posted this in its own thread (further down the page):

I ordered Shadow Hearts: Covenant from these jokers about 1.5-2 weeks … I ordered Shadow Hearts: Covenant from these jokers about 1.5-2 weeks ago. It finally arrived today - Unsealed, in a non-official PS2 case (no Sony sticker or Playstation logo inside), with the 1st disc allowed to float around since the case only has 1 disc holder and no invoice. It's amazing the disc even works at all with the amount of scratches and marks it has.The best part of this is that I paid £18.70. It's a rare game and I wanted a new copy, so paying £19 from a store (who I assumed sold new games unless stated otherwise) would've been excellent value. My problem now is that the 11 £2-4 pre-owned games I ordered from Gamestation are all in MUCH better condition.They've so far ignored my emails and I can't get through to them on the phone. Can anyone help me by giving me an official looking email that might get them to answer?

I placed an order for nearly £100 (Ref No. 7111119372) on the 11/11/2007 and only half of it has been delivered. I've tried to contact you daily by phone since the 15th in relation to Pro Evo 2008 and now Unreal Toutnament 3 (Pre-order) hasn't arrived either. I've left messages with my phone number but no response and on the 26th I sent an E-mail asking for the recorded delivery bar-code to track the order but again no response. You have charged my credit card for all four items, but i would now like a rerfund (£57.90) for the two that have not arrived as they have quite clearly been lost or not sent.
    Please respond to this by either this forum or by my personal E-mail as soon as possible.

Yours Faithfully!

Martin.

Edit:
    Since posting this Unreal Tournament 3 has arrived, I was told it was dispatched on 21.11.07, but the date that it was actually sent was 30.11.07. This explains why I thoguht it was lost. I am still waiting for news about Pro Evo 2008 and hope to hear soon!

Edit:
    After continuing to try and make contact by phone I decided to trace the suppliers of the games that i had recieved. They phoned the company on my behalf and within 5 minutes I recieved a phone call from Soft UK. Joe appoligised for the problems and promised to sort. The game arrived recorded post in 2 days!

I still haven't received an email reply from them, nor have I received a reply to the PM I sent to the owner yesterday.

No wonder they require you to get a returns number - They don't have any bloody CS to give you a returns number. I'm not holding my breath on getting an email reply since they never responded to my email enquiring about the delay or my email asking for my SoftUK 6% discount details.

This is VERY annoying. The average on eBay is around £18-£19. I assumed ordering from a store would at least give me a high quality used copy if not a brand new copy...how wrong I was. My annoyance has worsened after discovering someone sold a used copy on a forum for £11.75 the other week.

Sizable

Knowing the amount of people (myself included) that snap up these cheap … Knowing the amount of people (myself included) that snap up these cheap game deals, it will be a bit of a kick in the balls for them..........................shame. :giggle:

Softuk is a joke I am sick to death of trying to get this company to sort out my order and respond to emails.
    HUKD has seen the light & now I have.
    hotukdeals.com/for…676

No offer is worth the hassle and incompetence this company shows its customers. I would prefer a kick in the balls to be honest!

KEEP AWAY FROM SOFTUK. :pirate:

Still nothing from SOFTUK... I sent another email to them and PMed the account owner on here. Brilliant company.

steven Wright

Hi Crazy 3,Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced recently. … Hi Crazy 3,Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced recently. You should not have been sent a second hand copy of any game as we only sell brand new games! If I can do anything please let me know. I will require some details in a PM so I can look into this for you? Please can you also provide details on your collectors account. I am keen to get to the bottom of this for you?Kind RegardsSteve

Thats utter bull, I have bought previously Topspin 2 from yourselves for the Xbox 360, first copy I received didnt have the disk inside and didnt have the Microsoft security sticker seal on the case opening (although was re-shrinkwrapped). I returned it (at my cost I hasten to add!) and the second copy I got was also re-shrinkwrapped without Microsoft securtiy sticker seal, and even that one was in good condition, but I could tell by the user manual it was used.

I posted in a thread and other people that have bought from SoftUk have also received items like this.

If new means re-shrinkwrapping then I guess thats what your company describes as "new".

Ok guys, how many of you have received Xbox 360 games without the Microsoft seal on the side of the casing? With the item being re-shrinkwrapped?

My guess is that Softuk actually get in shop returns as stock and re-shrinkwrap them. I personally have steered clear of them since.

After i placed an order with them(27th nov), i recieved an email saying that they couldn't process my order due to a problem with my card details. I then re-entered them, but recieved no confirmation that the order was successfull. A few days later i checked my bank account and they have taken the amount out twice!! I have emailed, phoned and left a message on the answerphone. I finally got through on the phone:shock:, and told the guy about my order. He took my phone no and said he would get back to me. I haven't heard anything since. I finally got my order on saturday, but they still haven't refunded me the extra cash they took out of my account. I have PM'd steve and i'm waiting on a reply. It's a shame because they seem to offer good prices, but customer services is non existant.
    Cheers!!

I received a PM reply today from the owner on here telling me my card would be refunded in full. I received the following email 30 minutes before his initial reply - Not sure if the owner had a hand in it or it was just luck both the owner and SoftUK replied on the same day.

Good Morning Mr. RowleyI am very sorry for this late reply to emails … Good Morning Mr. RowleyI am very sorry for this late reply to emails which have been passed over to me from customer services about a purchase which you made from us for a Playstation 2 game. After readying you email I find it rather worrying that a game has been sent out in this condition from our warehouse. Some of the titles we buy in are not sealed due to them either being older games or producers like Konami not wanting to spend the money on sealing their stock before selling it. However any games which do arrive at our warehouse unsealed must all be checked to make sure that they are brand new and that they have never been player in a console or had the manual used. The fact that shadow hearts is a collectable game is irrelevant. Any game that we sell regardless of its status or price should be brand new and I can assure you that I will be looking into today as to why this game was sent to you in such a terrible condition.I can also understand your frustration at your emails taking so long to be answered. All emails should be answered within 24 to 48 hours at the latest but customer services has gone up immensely with it coming closer to the Christmas period. As a gesture of goodwill I would like you to keep the game free of charge and as of this morning at 7:57 you have been refunded in full for the price of £18.79 which will be back into your account in the next three to five days.Again I am very sorry for all of the problems you have had with our company and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone.RegardsJoe KillicSoftUK

Whatever other problems SoftUK have, the owner does seem to be a honest bloke and, if this Joe person acted without the owner making him, there are few other honest people at SoftUK.

While I'm happy to be getting a refund and keeping the game, this does leave me with a problem... Where do you find a PS2 case that holds 2 discs, with the PS2 logo sticker on the back the case? The 1st disc is currently in a CD case to keep it safe from anymore damage...it's a miracle it's working as it is.

Original Poster

The systems at Soft UK seem to be the only thing I can fault. The service - regarding orders, prices and quality of items recieved seems absolutely fine. Sadly the email does seem to be lacking.

I signed as a Collector, but so far have not had any email to confirm, nor recieved any "commision" if thats the right word. I've never had a confirmation of order by email either and had to check Quidco to be sure my order had gone through. That said they always have gone through.

When I have contacted Steven - the SoftUK rep on here and up til recent he's always got back sharpish. AND been very supportive.

I've had unsealed games, DVDs and so on ffrom many a firm - CDWOW are probably the worse so far... I had 4 or 5 rattlers from them this year, but they say that it's because of where they source their stock... I don't know whether that's a fair explaination or not, but it does show that Soft UK aren't on their own.

It strikes me that this is a small firm and needs some stuff ironing out in the IT dept. but for me it's - touch wood - always worked out OK in the end. Sort out the systems and they'll be capable of rivalling many many of the other firms online.

Yep, I've ordered from them quite a lot and so far it's been all good (touch wood it continues).
    They've been really efficient with me and they tend to offer some of the best prices on DS and xbox 360 games especially, so lets hope my niece and nephew will be happy with the ones i've bought for them for presents.

I've recently had problems with my Collectors Account as well though but as long as Quidco tracks, then I'm happy.

I ordered 3 DS games this morning today,
    Im hoping they will arrive tomorrow

But i cant track my order. I put in my order number and email address and press the button but it just takes me back to the track your order page

EDIT : It now works and my orders all say PENDING.:x

It says this on there site "All UK orders received before 15:30pm will generally be dispatched the same day. "

I Ordered at 8:58 this morning.

I wont use SoftUk again

Im glad i ordered some games from shopto,so at least i will have something over the weekend to play on my new DS

My Shadow Hearts: Covenant order did stay pending for about a week.

They're slow and seem to have some idiotic grunts who send out stuff no matter what condition it is in. I feel (since they have an honest owner) their problems would be sorted if they got more (decent) staff.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767185
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553762
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      4. word association Game73844456

See more discussions