softwaregeeks.co.uk

Found 4th Sep 2015
There was a deal posted for softwaregeeks.co.uk - selling windows licences at pretty good prices - link was taken down as spam, has anyone used this company or have any feedback.

Have checked various web checking services and they do not report any problems, only concern is the company is relatively new and address given is for serviced offices - may be genuine but im a little wary.
Community Updates
10 Comments
I'm also very interested in upgrading my XP machine to Windows 7 and was also wondering if softwaregeeks software was genuine....does anyone know?
I came across your question after searching for software geek reviews as I have dealt with them and had a really bad experience. If you looking for someone reliable I'd absolutely avoid at all costs! Plus you might not get what you pay for. I recommended them to my gf for windows 7 as they sounded like an ok company. After she ordered she realised she needed a 64bit version instead. She followed their instructions for a swap over sending back the disc she received but never ever received the exchange - not even after 2 months. We emailed them 6 times - all emails ignored. I called them 5 times only to get message that their phone lines are not working due to migration! AVOID!
Thanks wreyneke.
An update. I did risk a tenner on them and they duly supplied an ex HP operating system disc for Win 7 along with a small piece of hardware. This all seemed fine and the disc loaded as expected but there was no code and no reply to my email which requested the COA.
So, for me, it wasn't good. RISKY!
I used IT Revive and so did a guy on my team at work. £20ish for a Windows 7 license from decomissioned PC's. Had to verify over the phone with MS (as per the instructions) but all worked fine.
Sounds like luck of the draw then Steve Mac. I also phoned up as per instructions but no reply after several attempts. That's why I reverted to the email which didn't work. So it seems that it's risky, and subject to a bit of luck with my experience and what I'm reading here. Fortunately I only risked £10... so not the end of the world but just frustrating and time consuming.
Update: I don't know what happened there but I didn't spot the IT Revive bit when I was answering. I've never heard of that before. Not much help now as I had to part with the cost of a full Win7 pro 64....

Edited by: "frankmarshall" 21st Mar 2016
frankmarshall

Sounds like luck of the draw then Steve Mac. I also phoned up as per … Sounds like luck of the draw then Steve Mac. I also phoned up as per instructions but no reply after several attempts. That's why I reverted to the email which didn't work. So it seems that it's risky, and subject to a bit of luck with my experience and what I'm reading here. Fortunately I only risked £10... so not the end of the world but just frustrating and time consuming.Update: I don't know what happened there but I didn't spot the IT Revive bit when I was answering. I've never heard of that before. Not much help now as I had to part with the cost of a full Win7 pro 64....

Speak to your bank and get your money back as they haven't given you what you've paid for (the serial). Unless the only item they were selling was the physical media but it wasn't very obvious, they should have sent you just a key and given you a link to a download.
I used softwaregeeks myself for a friends PC back in November last year with no issues. Key came in email straight after payment along with download links and instructions. Didn't even need to verify via phone and the win7 upgraded to Win10 with no issues.
I purechased windows 10 home form softwaregeeks and did what the instruction told me to do but at nearly of the install my laptop came up with errors and just went back windows 8.1 I ask for a refund but they told me that only refund if purchase the licence ans that the downloads come from another source to me they are just cheats I would never use this company again

I am now going ask paypal for advice and help in getting a refund from them
I've had Office Professional 2010 from them. It turned out to be a German licensed version but following their instructions carefully it all worked out. They are just recycling licences but its a sensible way to get very good value software.
It seems as though some people do not understand what they are buying from Software Geeks. What you need to understand is that as AnticsBlack says, they are just selling activation codes. You are not actually buying software from them, you get that from somewhere else. All you buy the ability to activate that software. For that reason there is no way you can ask for a refund as you still have a legitimate Microsoft activation code that you can still use. You cannot return what is effectively, information. I've bought from them several times, and although I had a slight problem with one purchase, that was my fault not theirs. Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants