Softwaregeeks.co.uk ... is the site safe?

Found 29th Dec 2017
Looking at buying Windows 10 Pro and they are advertising 'GENUINE PRODUCT KEYS' for £24.99.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
They will probably be oem keys ... if you want to run the risk then just buy from Amazon/eBay as they will be cheaper. Alternatively KMS ...
Edited by: "AirbusA380" 29th Dec 2017
Ive bought from here and had the key and instructions delivered immediately
Why not just download it from Microsoft for free?
traylee2 h, 8 m ago

Why not just download it from Microsoft for free?

Assuming they have Windows 7 or 8 then yes this window is still open, but tomorrow is the last day you can get the Windows 10 upgrade for free.
Edited by: "AirbusA380" 30th Dec 2017
AirbusA3804 m ago

Assuming they have Windows 7 or 8 then yes this window is still open, but …Assuming they have Windows 7 or 8 then yes this window is still open, but tomorrow is the last day you can get the Windows 10 upgrade for free.

You don't actually need Win 7/8 to download it, although you may end up having to pay for it later if you don't have a Win 7/8 key.
Yes I’m aware of this but you need a key to activate, if you don’t have one embedded on mobo. If you don’t have a key no point downloading unless you want to use a KMS activator.
No need to activate, at least initially. From what I hear the nag screens are minimal. I'm about to try it for myself, in the next few days. Staring a new build tonight.

Either way it makes sense to download from M$ (safer than some dodgy CD) onto a USB stick and install from there (much faster than using optical drives) as long as you don't mind the big download. It's around 2GB IIRC.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions