Solar or wired garden lights?

Found 8th May
I’m having my garden landscaped soon and can’t decide on the lighting. Thanks to HUKD’s I bought 4 stainless steel post light from screwfix a few months ago. I already have solar light but is it worth the cost having mains lighting... hmm help me decide please!
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenGarden
4 Comments
Unless you have moved to a lower latitude that actually gets sun. Then go mains.
Solar in the winter is exceedingly poor. With the garden ripped up. There is no better time to have armoured cable run to where you need it at a safe depth or out the way.
Agree with above^
You'll probably regret not feeding cables in while works being done.
Oneday7738 m ago

Unless you have moved to a lower latitude that actually gets sun. Then go …Unless you have moved to a lower latitude that actually gets sun. Then go mains. Solar in the winter is exceedingly poor. With the garden ripped up. There is no better time to have armoured cable run to where you need it at a safe depth or out the way.

I’ll add to that. I have a 4kW solar installation in my roof. In winter I get maybe 3-4kW all day on average. That’s with an area of 3 x 7m panels. How well do you think a 0.04 x 0.04 panel will work in winter?
Thanks for your input guys, wired it is
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants