Found 12th Jan 2009
I am looking at getting a wireless CCTV kit which has AC adapters to power the camera as well as a 9v battery lead.
If I was to get a solar panel to power the camera instead of the battery & adapter, what type would I need!?

I have no clue, so hoping someone can help me!

Many thanks

6 Comments

Sloth/Mod

A bloody big one judging by how much sun we're getting at the mo.

You would still need a battery (its dark at night!). Any idea how much power the camera draws?

Original Poster

Camera Specification:Image Sensor: 1/3" Colour CMOS Viewing Angle: 69 Deg … Camera Specification:Image Sensor: 1/3" Colour CMOS Viewing Angle: 69 Deg Modulation Type: FM TV system: PAL Min illumination: 1.0 Lux Audio output: Yes Power Supply: DC 8v Current Consumption: 200mA Operating Temperature: -10~+60 Deg. C Dimensions : 20mm x 20mm x 20mmReceiver Specification:Receiver Sensitivity: Min.-88dBm Demodulation Type: FM Power Supply: DC 9v ~ 12v Current Consumption: 300mA Operating Temperature: -10~+60 Deg. C

Does that help at all??
Its item # 200295695195 on the bay, or I would get something similar...

Yeah, that suggests it draws about 1.6W (8V x 200mA). To keep it running you could probably get away with a 5W or so solar panel set to trickle charge a 12V battery (but they ain't that ]small or cheap)...

Original Poster

jah128;4044657

Yeah, that suggests it draws about 1.6W (8V x 200mA). To keep it running … Yeah, that suggests it draws about 1.6W (8V x 200mA). To keep it running you could probably get away with a 5W or so solar panel set to trickle charge a 12V battery (but they ain't that ]small or cheap)...

Ooh err!

Thanks for that

Hmmm...may have to think wired now, lol

Yeah ,theres not enough solar charge to directly power the camera ,so ,you'll have to use a battery . Check out the small 12v burglar alarm batterys from ebay . I use 2 x 6v ones , they were about £6.50 each from ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.45
    2. Misco about to go into administration911
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564104
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769249

See more discussions