Sold a Nintendo Switch on gumtree I bought on amazon and buyer is requesting a ‘guarantee’

Found 30th Nov 2017
Hi!

I sold a brand new Nintendo Switch on amazon which I bought on Black Friday but it was impulse buy... the buys are very insistent they get a ‘receipt’ or ‘guarantee’ but I don’t particular want to send them a copy of the order details as it contains personal details...

Is there anything I can give them for a piece of mind?

Thanks for your suggestions :-)
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Is it possible to sent order details but blank out anything personal?
Not Polish by any chance ? I've noticed a lot on local fb pages when buying stuff asking for proof of purchase. Will probably send it back faulty to get a refund.
You have no obligation to include one if you didnt list it stating one was included as far as I am aware. I would just ignore the emails if they have paid cash.
Emodan is right it’s never a requirement of selling something on as usually sales are a sold as seen.

if they’ve paid cash then you’ve got nothing to worry about, it’s f they’ve used card / PayPal they may make a claim back
Unless you stated you had the receipt & it was included I'd just say I don't have it / it was an unwanted gift
Where did you get it from can you not return it back?
Can I ask what personal details you are concerned about sharing
ipswich7857 m ago

Can I ask what personal details you are concerned about sharing

Last 4 digits of card, full name etc
Tell them it's gumtree Not Argos!!....jeez, some people???
Darzen4 h, 21 m ago

Not Polish by any chance ? I've noticed a lot on local fb pages when …Not Polish by any chance ? I've noticed a lot on local fb pages when buying stuff asking for proof of purchase. Will probably send it back faulty to get a refund.

Kurwa jebana lol
You'd be the one getting a refund or replacement sent to your address, as it was obviously purchased through your Amazon account.

Tell them to contact Nintendo with any hardware or software issues, as they have 12 months manufacturer warranty.

Proof of purchase / receipt is no good to them.

Sharpie out everything but the item description and order date, in case they need a record of purchase date for Nintendo if they make a warranty claim.
hethekid8 h, 47 m ago

Last 4 digits of card, full name etc

That’s nothing to worry about really. Your full name, address etc is very public information anyway. Last four digits of the card are pretty useless on their own as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants