sold a phone to vodafone trade in

Posted 1st Nov
hello
any help i sold my old phone to vodafone trade in (bright star) the royal mail tracking shpows it was dlivered but i have not be paid called them and said the tracking shows it was dlivered
but they were no help and the manger said that even though the tracking says it has been dlivered they have not got it and will not pay me the £80
any ideas what i coyuld do the tracking dose say dlivered but vodafone trade in are saying they have not got it
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Was it prepaid postage by them or did you pay for it sending?
Thanks for the feedback,amazon also use this company so will be avoiding them in future.
Luckyluke0201/11/2019 09:27

Was it prepaid postage by them or did you pay for it sending?

it was prepaid by them royal mail tracked
lukeg34501/11/2019 09:45

it was prepaid by them royal mail tracked

it's their own problem then they will need to claim off the insurance with royal mail if its gone missing but you will have to contact them and dont think they will be very helpful so go to vodafone if you agreeed it with them and get them to sort it out
cant you send a email showing the proof, that it been recieved
Oh no I would of sent it special delivery myself , that service they used won’t cover the cost and I can guarantee that there is something in the clause that says you send the item at your own risk
Kinda your of fault for not checking there reviews

School boy error

Who in the rite mind sends a phone to a company with 93% bad reviews

38874566.jpg
Edited by: "ashmac" 1st Nov
Just as I thought I’ve read there terms and buy sending it you accepted there terms and it’s bad news

o 3.3 By sending your Product to us, you agree to release us from all claims, losses or damages

Basically you have lost your money and it’s nothing to do with them
Edited by: "ashmac" 1st Nov
ashmac01/11/2019 11:24

Oh no I would of sent it special delivery myself , that service they used …Oh no I would of sent it special delivery myself , that service they used won’t cover the cost and I can guarantee that there is something in the clause that says you send the item at your own risk

ashmac01/11/2019 11:29

Just as I thought I’ve read there terms and buy sending it you accepted t …Just as I thought I’ve read there terms and buy sending it you accepted there terms and it’s bad news o 3.3 By sending your Product to us, you agree to release us from all claims, losses or damagesBasically you have lost your money and it’s nothing to do with them

You may have misunderstood OP who stated "the tracking shows it was dlivered", so the recipient's courier has not lost item, the recipient has (apparently) lost the item.
As the item has been successfully delivered to the recipient, a summary of possible action may be:
1) polite but firm minimal bullet-pointed summary to Voda's reg office requesting response within 7 days. If no / unacceptable response, follow by:
2) 7 day LBA (Letter Before Action) stating same as first letter but adding lines of "not received (optionally: acceptable) response to earlier letter... consider commencing recovery activity but trust issue can be resolved amicably and reasonably." If no / unacceptable response to LBA, consider:
3) MCOL moneyclaim.gov.uk/web…ome (basic info at gov.uk/mak…aim )
AndyRoyd01/11/2019 12:11

You may have misunderstood OP who stated "the tracking shows it was …You may have misunderstood OP who stated "the tracking shows it was dlivered", so the recipient's courier has not lost item, the recipient has (apparently) lost the item.

That does not matter about it being delivered

him sending it he’s removed them for all liability
AndyRoyd01/11/2019 12:13

As the item has been successfully delivered to the recipient, a summary of …As the item has been successfully delivered to the recipient, a summary of possible action may be:1) polite but firm minimal bullet-pointed summary to Voda's reg office requesting response within 7 days. If no / unacceptable response, follow by:2) 7 day LBA (Letter Before Action) stating same as first letter but adding lines of "not received (optionally: acceptable) response to earlier letter... consider commencing recovery activity but trust issue can be resolved amicably and reasonably." If no / unacceptable response to LBA, consider:3) MCOL https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome (basic info at https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim )

thank you for that advice i will be trying this
ashmac01/11/2019 12:31

That does not matter about it being delivered him sending it he’s removed t …That does not matter about it being delivered him sending it he’s removed them for all liability

The consumer is unable to accept detrimental terms and the business has a duty of care to its customers and its customers' property. There is zero possibility that the legal system would not find in the consumer's favour when the business can be shown to have received the item delivered by the same business'-employed and funded courier. Maybe one escape clause for the business would be to suggest that it had subsequently found the parcel but it contained some zero-value used toilet paper not a phone, but I assume we all dismiss the possibility that Voda would lower itself to such practice.
AndyRoyd01/11/2019 12:40

The consumer is unable to accept detrimental terms and the business has a …The consumer is unable to accept detrimental terms and the business has a duty of care to its customers and its customers' property. There is zero possibility that the legal system would not find in the consumer's favour when the business can be shown to have received the item delivered by the same business'-employed and funded courier. Maybe one escape clause for the business would be to suggest that it had subsequently found the parcel but it contained some zero-value used toilet paper not a phone, but I assume we all dismiss the possibility that Voda would lower itself to such practice.

hello ather meny phone calls and emails the problem was sorted i was paid the 3£80 for yhr phone and vodafone gave me 10% off my mobile bill thank ypou for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants