Sold a ps4 to a buying site and they are now trying to pull a fast one. Please advise. I can find nothing about the subject.

Found 24th Jul
Ok after my ps4 1tb got less and less use. (I only bought it last year) I decided to sell it. I didn't want the rigmarole of ebay and gumtree so decided on selling to a cashback site. (Big mistake)
I packed everything beautifully (original box, original packaging, everything included) wiped everything clear so it was effectively as new. Long story short..... It's taken them an age to get back and they are saying its faulty and are offering me £44 instead of the initial offer of £145. I know damn well it wasn't faulty(unless of course it developed a fault in transit)
Ive asked for it to be sent back but my worry is.... If they send the wrong one back where do I stand.... Or they don't include everything.... Again where do I stand. I have no clue but surely I can't be the only one this has happened to. I went with this company because they were offering the better price. Lesson learnt. Please help.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Did you look at series numbers before you sent it. If so make sure it matches. Hope you get it sorted!
Thank you. Yeah I've still got loads of pics that I used for when I was going to list it on ebay but I don't know how it helps me.....or what to do. They may send me it all back as it was sent but my suspicions are heightened somewhat. 😡
Music magpie did similar with my iPhone 5. It was worth £90ish in good condition at the time. Then they said it was discoloured and offered £12. I got them to send it back and it was my phone. It wasn’t discoloured at all.
Hmmmm. Frustrating to the max. There must be consumer protection on things like this..... But its because the normal guys don't know enough is why they can get away with it. Can find nothing and I don't have solicitor friends.
Unlikely, but did you ensure it was working after you re-set it?

Until it is returned to you there's not a lot you can do, hopefully your photos have the serial number so you can confirm its the same unit returned to you..
andynicol7 m ago

Unlikely, but did you ensure it was working after you re-set it?Until it …Unlikely, but did you ensure it was working after you re-set it?Until it is returned to you there's not a lot you can do, hopefully your photos have the serial number so you can confirm its the same unit returned to you..

Yeah and if its not...... It becomes my word against there's then doesn't it. Doubt the police would be interested.

All they've said is that the controllers don't sync with the console as the reason it's faulty........ They did.
Burkos15 m ago

Yeah and if its not...... It becomes my word against there's then doesn't …Yeah and if its not...... It becomes my word against there's then doesn't it. Doubt the police would be interested.All they've said is that the controllers don't sync with the console as the reason it's faulty........ They did.

Could be genuine, and they simply don't know how to sync the controllers and you get the console and accessories back in the exact same condition you sent them....

Like I said, until you get it back you don't know and are guessing the worst case scenario.

Once its back you can decide what to do, personally I'd wait until November and sell it through Gumtree or Facebook, cash on collection, price it right and it'll be snapped up for christmas, unless your needing the cash asap, then CEX/Game is your best option.

But going by your previous thread hotukdeals.com/dis…113 you were advised mostly to do exactly what I now suggest, but chose another route.....
Edited by: "andynicol" 24th Jul
Music magpie did similar things to me quite a few years back even refused to send items back one was a brand new game which they said they would not send back under any circumstances claimed it was missing artwork what ever that means.
Which cashback site did you sell it to and after you receive your PS4 back you can use their trick and tell them they sent you a faulty console and take them to cleaners
Update. After going back and forth for an age, them saying they'd tried 4 different controllers... Me adamant that it works.... I wondered what the hell it could be. I remembered that to sync the controllers first you need a cable. I asked. Them to check the cable and lo and behold.... The cable was faulty. They are now paying me what it's worth. Phew. Dodged a bullet there. Thank you to everyone that replied to me. Appreciate it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants