Expired

Sold CEX store my phone as a grade B. They now selling it as a grade A.

Found 11th Oct 2017Edited by:"surajchotalia"
So few days ago sold my phone to CEX. It was quite new but however I wanted another one so got the quick cash. I didn't have the headphones as I forgot them at home. They said then that would be a grade B. So that got me £15 less than a grade A.

Today I went to check out of curiosity how much they selling it for. I got confused when I found out they are selling it as a grade A.

Are they allowed to do that? If not then I will definitely go and speak to the manager tomorrow.

Can they buy at a different grade and sell at a higher grade?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
If their reason was that you didn’t have all the accessories rather than any damage/condition, then I guess if they have the spare accessories to bundle with it, then they can make it grade A. A bit different if they’d argued with you over the condition and downgraded it to B because of a few scratches...then were selling it at A.
Edited by: "bluep" 11th Oct 2017
They probably added the missing accessories so it's now grade A rather than B
You took the money and agreed the deal so have no come back. I don't know about headphones but earphone/buds aren't resold for hygiene issues and aren't needed.
This company are as close to legalised thieves as you can get.
They rip you off buying products off you for peanuts, polish them up and then massively ripoff the buyer with a large markup.
Bigfootpete5 m ago

They rip you off buying products off you for peanuts, polish them up and …They rip you off buying products off you for peanuts, polish them up and then massively ripoff the buyer with a large markup.

they are a business they buy for what they want to offer, its up to you whether you sell it to them or not, no one forces your hand. They then sell as any business does to make money, their mark up has to cover their costs, the time it sits on the shelf not selling. If you don't like it you don't have to sell it.

Op you cant complain about what someone does after you sell it to them, its totally in their rights to do whatever they want with it, its not yours.
Bigfootpete12 m ago

This company are as close to legalised thieves as you can get. They rip …This company are as close to legalised thieves as you can get. They rip you off buying products off you for peanuts, polish them up and then massively ripoff the buyer with a large markup.

you could say that about any merchant. The wholesale price is generally way below the selling price on most new products and probably a lot more than the margins CEX have in place.
Banned
Bigfootpete43 m ago

This company are as close to legalised thieves as you can get. They rip …This company are as close to legalised thieves as you can get. They rip you off buying products off you for peanuts, polish them up and then massively ripoff the buyer with a large markup.

Nope, they force you to do nothing whatsoever and it is your own choice to use them. They take ALL THE RISK when buying items off random strangers and then offer a warranty.

YOU NO LIKE THEN YOU NO USE!
welcome to buying and selling for profit..
Bigfootpete50 m ago

aka they are a profitable business
And what will you speak to the manager about?

How embarrassing. I'd tell you to take a hike
You should definitely go back in and demand more money or a cut of the new selling price, your then learn a new saying "What part of 'Cough' do you not understand"
Bigfootpete8 h, 9 m ago

they really are not, you don't 'HAVE' to buy your stuff... you go to them they don't come to you,(for most part)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions