Sold collection only item on eBay, , buyer left negative feedback as I refused to post.

Found 2nd Apr
Hi, I sold a camping porta potti on eBay, I put the postage terms as collection only and clearly stated in the description (collection only will not post) item was a buy it now listing, buyer from Bristol hit the buy it now and then asked if I could post the item to him, I pointed out that the item clearly said collection only as I don't have packaging materials for a large item and no way of getting it to a courier, I then gave a PayPal refund, now 2 days later he has left me a negative feedback. I contacted eBay and they said the negative is based on buyers experience and they will not remove the feedback.

Why don't people read the details first, or is it that they hope once purchased they can then persuade you to post the item?, surely out of courtesy they should message first and see if you would consider posting the item. I get the same thing on shpock, people hundreds of miles away send an offer on the item without messaging first, when I check there location and see how far apart we are I ask if I was to accept your offer when will you collect, and then they decide to ask if I will post the item....
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Go on live chat, these instance will be eligble to remove the bad feedback
Read again and see you said about this, try again and maybe even ring up like many companies reps can do different things, new people go by the book whereas long time ebay reps bend the rules as they can see its BS and not fair
What do you mean you couldnt get it to th postoffice. OH NO has your Dacia broken down.
whelan1898 m ago

Read again and see you said about this, try again and maybe even ring up …Read again and see you said about this, try again and maybe even ring up like many companies reps can do different things, new people go by the book whereas long time ebay reps bend the rules as they can see its BS and not fair

Should do this and it notably works for anything when you contact a company. As for eBay arguing it’s a customers experience is absolute BS considering they clearly ignored your post. I would personally spam eBay until they got rid of it . Good luck 🏽
Typical of eScam to only be interested in protecting the shysters and not helping honest folk.
In all fairness ebay could have removed the feedback but if they wont follow up with a comment along the lines of. Stickly stated no posting in discription.
larrylightweight14 m ago

What do you mean you couldnt get it to th postoffice. OH NO has your Dacia …What do you mean you couldnt get it to th postoffice. OH NO has your Dacia broken down.

The beauty of getting the basic access model, it is that basic it only has about 6 moving parts and 4 of them are the wind up windows. Never let me down to date.
SOUTHWALES11 m ago

The beauty of getting the basic access model, it is that basic it only has …The beauty of getting the basic access model, it is that basic it only has about 6 moving parts and 4 of them are the wind up windows. Never let me down to date.

Open up a non paying bidder dispute , once you win case feedback should be removed and you will get your fees refunded
Bradleigh10 m ago

Open up a non paying bidder dispute , once you win case feedback should be …Open up a non paying bidder dispute , once you win case feedback should be removed and you will get your fees refunded

You can't open an NPB dispute once they've paid and been refunded. OP, I'd just reply to the feedback saying somethijng like "Auction was clear that item was COLLECTION ONLY" and leave it at that. Might be worth ringing eBay to ask again if they will review the feedbck, however.
Edited by: "squiff" 2nd Apr
Ahhh , didn't realise you couldn't do that as item still hasn't been paid for
My account was closed years ago and don't miss it at all , full of chancers
Id ring eBay and threaten to close your account if feedback is not removed , it annoyed me sellers cannot leave a negative , they always protect the buyer yet the seller pays all the fees
Op, you need to email or livechat or phone eBay and have the relevant part of policy open. If your item was collection only and your buyer told you he/she was going to leave negative unless you posted then you will get it removed. Obviously I don't know exactly what has happened (if they threatened to leave it or just left it) but it's worth a shot....

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Buyers aren't allowed to demand, by threatening to leave negative Feedback, neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings, any of the following:

• Goods or services that weren't included in the original item's description or purchase price.

I left negative feedback for a POS. Seller made a comment which was racist - Ebay removed the entire feedback! Job done for the seller
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants