Sold High value item on Ebay, buyer has low feedback

Found 9th Apr
Just sold an item on ebay for £520, the item is to be posted.

Quite concerned as the buyer has only 6 feedback, address is at a sainsburys for some reason aswell.

Would it be risky to go through with the transaction?

I've heard scammers can do chargebacks, if they simply state the item isn't described.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
I would send it to the verified PayPal address. Ensure it's insured up to £520 just in case it gets "lost in the post".

If everything is performed through eBay AND PayPal, a chargeback shouldn't happen until there's proof that the buyer has sent back the item and you've received it.
Edited by: "HellRazer" 9th Apr
HellRazer15 m ago

I would send it to the verified PayPal address. Ensure it's insured up to …I would send it to the verified PayPal address. Ensure it's insured up to £520 just in case it gets "lost in the post".If everything is performed through eBay AND PayPal, a chargeback shouldn't happen until there's proof that the buyer has sent back the item and you've received it.

Hi

The address I'm supposed to send to is a sainsburys, not sure if I'm allowed to post the address here.

Its not that click and collect thing is it? If so is it the same thing.

I read an article awhile back, someone had an issue with a chargeback when they sold 6 coins, buyer did a chargeback under item not described and sent back only 5 coins. Ebay done nothing apparently until the seller made an article.

Usually everything goes fine with my sales, just concerned due to low feedback and odd address, don't know why anyone would want to pick up a 12kg gimli axe from sainsburys.
Sainsburys may be the Argos click and collect. So would not worry about that side of things, should be a verified address.
arronc7 m ago

Sainsburys may be the Argos click and collect. So would not worry about …Sainsburys may be the Argos click and collect. So would not worry about that side of things, should be a verified address.

Heard some stories where sainsburys/argos lose the c&c items? What would I do about that, or when the buyer doesn't collect it after 7 days and it gets returned to me?

Don't know whether to cancel as I didn't opt in to click and collect, I simply want to post it to someone's door.
My understanding is the argos click and collect is as secure if not more secure due to it having to be physically collected. I Personally wouldn't worry about that side of thing, just make sure you pay for insurance and complete EVERYTHING through eBay and Paypal.
Are you sure you could not have sold the item for the same amount on sphock, that way it is cash on collection so no risk of being scammed, people will ask you if you will post and accept PayPal but I just refuse till I get someone local enough to collect.....

Totally free and list items in under 60 seconds google.co.uk/sea…F-8
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 9th Apr
Old_King_Doran23 m ago

HiThe address I'm supposed to send to is a sainsburys, not sure if I'm …HiThe address I'm supposed to send to is a sainsburys, not sure if I'm allowed to post the address here.Its not that click and collect thing is it? If so is it the same thing.I read an article awhile back, someone had an issue with a chargeback when they sold 6 coins, buyer did a chargeback under item not described and sent back only 5 coins. Ebay done nothing apparently until the seller made an article.Usually everything goes fine with my sales, just concerned due to low feedback and odd address, don't know why anyone would want to pick up a 12kg gimli axe from sainsburys.

When buying a bulky item that clearly won't fit through my letterbox, I often chose the collection option, collect at my convenience and ensures the item won't get left 'in a secure location', I wouldn't let the address overly concern you, I'd be more concerned with the low feedback and amount involved, that said new buyers have to start somewhere.

Hope it works out, and I'm sure it will, the item doesn't strike me as a classic scammer target.
andynicol1 h, 2 m ago

When buying a bulky item that clearly won't fit through my letterbox, I …When buying a bulky item that clearly won't fit through my letterbox, I often chose the collection option, collect at my convenience and ensures the item won't get left 'in a secure location', I wouldn't let the address overly concern you, I'd be more concerned with the low feedback and amount involved, that said new buyers have to start somewhere.Hope it works out, and I'm sure it will, the item doesn't strike me as a classic scammer target.

I see, thanks for the input. Just unsure whether to risk it, already messaged the buyer regarding my concern but no response so far.

Cheers.
arronc1 h, 17 m ago

My understanding is the argos click and collect is as secure if not more …My understanding is the argos click and collect is as secure if not more secure due to it having to be physically collected. I Personally wouldn't worry about that side of thing, just make sure you pay for insurance and complete EVERYTHING through eBay and Paypal.

But if they don't collect after 7 days what then?
SOUTHWALES1 h, 18 m ago

Are you sure you could not have sold the item for the same amount on …Are you sure you could not have sold the item for the same amount on sphock, that way it is cash on collection so no risk of being scammed, people will ask you if you will post and accept PayPal but I just refuse till I get someone local enough to collect.....Totally free and list items in under 60 seconds https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sphock&oq=sphock&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3009j0j7&client=tablet-unknown&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I had it on there and it got delisted multiple times, only takes someone to report it.

Some guy called simone kept wanting to buy it but I wouldn't ship outside of uk, listing seemed to get removed not long after I'd decline him.
eBay are the worst. The buyer could claim you farted on the item before it was sent to them and they would fully refund the buyer.

If you're really going through with it, i recommend using a reliable carrier that has an easy insurance claims process, ie DHL, UPS, DPD...
But then a problem still arises through that, the courier could deny the claim based on tracking and signature to prove it was delivered but eBay may well refund the buyer regardless.

Your best bet would be to call eBay support after the item is delivered and try to get the funds released ASAP (You can do this by citing tracking etc). Once they are released to your PayPal make sure to cash out to your bank and that way the money is basically untouchable from eBay. If eBay does refund the buyer then your PayPal will be in the negative so up to you......

However eBay are partners with Argos (and thus Sainsburys) so it may be slightly better to send to that address. Just make sure it's whatever address is on the PayPal and dont listen to any requests from the buyer to change delivery, leave with neighbours, or leave in a safe place. Make sure it is signed for.

Also, scammers will usually try to con low feedback sellers as they believe they are less aware of the risks. So if you are a sub 10 feedback account then good luck.
Haha can imagine

I have the funds now, are you saying I should withdraw them to my registered bank account?

Also, I'm a 332 blue star account so not exactly low.

Parcelforce I usually use but the last two items have been damaged so I may try another.
Old_King_Doran4 m ago

Haha can imagineI have the funds now, are you saying I should withdraw …Haha can imagineI have the funds now, are you saying I should withdraw them to my registered bank account?Also, I'm a 332 blue star account so not exactly low. Parcelforce I usually use but the last two items have been damaged so I may try another.

If you have the funds remove them from anywhere ebay can take them back from you.
----6 m ago

If you have the funds remove them from anywhere ebay can take them back …If you have the funds remove them from anywhere ebay can take them back from you.

They will debit the bank account linked to the PayPal account if they have to refund the buyer... Remember that when you link it to a bank account you authorise a direct debit with PayPal...
You can close the bank account to prevent them from doing that.
They will put the PayPal account into a negative balance and chase you for the money.
Edited by: "hearts22" 9th Apr
hearts2218 m ago

They will debit the bank account linked to the PayPal account if they have …They will debit the bank account linked to the PayPal account if they have to refund the buyer... Remember that when you link it to a bank account you authorise a direct debit with PayPal... You can close the bank account to prevent them from doing that. They will put the PayPal account into a negative balance and chase you for the money.

As long as the direct debit is cancelled it should be fine. They can chase you but you can also dispute it with your bank as the item was delivered.
Okay I see, don't know whether to post it now or cancel the order, I'll wait till he responds. If he doesn't reply, I may have to just cancel and take my first negative feedback if that's what it takes.
Old_King_Doran1 h, 27 m ago

I had it on there and it got delisted multiple times, only takes someone …I had it on there and it got delisted multiple times, only takes someone to report it.Some guy called simone kept wanting to buy it but I wouldn't ship outside of uk, listing seemed to get removed not long after I'd decline him.

Hi, Would really be interested to know what item it is for it to be getting reported and removed?
SOUTHWALES23 m ago

Hi, Would really be interested to know what item it is for it to be …Hi, Would really be interested to know what item it is for it to be getting reported and removed?

A united cutlery axe of Gimli replica. The swords I listed got removed also.
SOUTHWALES25 m ago

Hi, Would really be interested to know what item it is for it to be …Hi, Would really be interested to know what item it is for it to be getting reported and removed?

gimli axe. Whatever that is
ScubaDudes28 m ago

gimli axe. Whatever that is

Something along the lines of ;

33609004-p7Vly.jpg
Probably why shpock took it down then.
Is it for chasing door knockers?.
Not helping your current situation but for future sales you can set criteria on who can bid for your items
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants