Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA

Found 23rd Sep 2017
So, today i have sold my laptop on eBay.
I have sold items on eBay before but never had to ship to the US.

The buyer has not payed for the item yet.
Buyer has requested invoice.

Buyers profile is looking slightly sketchy, created in 2014, 5 feedback from being a buyer and has never sold on his account.

My question being, as a seller from the UK, am i obliged to send the parcel to the buyer in the US or can i cancel the order?
(In hopes i do not get a negative feedback).

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
just cancel the sale. If they pay, refund them. Then relist for UK only. Not worth the hassle
10 Comments
When you list an item it asks if you accept international shipping. I always select no and always state it in the description.

Just leave it and if they don't pay within 48 hours report a non payment.
JohnnyRoller24 m ago

When you list an item it asks if you accept international shipping. I …When you list an item it asks if you accept international shipping. I always select no and always state it in the description. Just leave it and if they don't pay within 48 hours report a non payment.

I didn't state in my description, my bad i guess. I think i will leave it for 48 hours. Thanks.
just cancel the sale. If they pay, refund them. Then relist for UK only. Not worth the hassle
Why would they want a separate invoice?' When they won the auction eBay would've sent them a congratulations you've won/pay now email which is the same as an invoice surely.
if you think the account looks suspicious, cancel it

I have sold several high value items to people in American but always once I am 100% sure it's not going to result in me being screwed over
Just resend invoice from your My Ebay as requested. If you specified international shipping then once paid you just ship it to the ebay GSP (Global Shipping Programme) depot which I think is in Derbyshire (address will be in your Paypal invoice) and they forward it from there. I have done this several times without issue and if the item gets broken in transit you can blame ebay. If you didn't specify international shipping (i.e. opted out of the GSP) then you should be able to cancel the deal and if he leaves neg feedback you can always ask ebay to take it off which they probably would under the circumstances
Toptrumpet1 h, 37 m ago

Why would they want a separate invoice?' When they won the auction eBay …Why would they want a separate invoice?' When they won the auction eBay would've sent them a congratulations you've won/pay now email which is the same as an invoice surely.

Buyer possibly realises that p&p may be different than what was listed by the seller...?

Thus requesting an invoice directly from the seller offers them the opportunity to amend the cost.
I don't understand why no feedback as a seller is an issue? Many people only buy on EBay.
Thank you for your responses, i don't think it is worth the hassle to ship to America, especially when electronics are cheaper there and therefore this buyer looking a bit suspicious.
UPDATE: When i cancelled the order i got an e-mail "eBay listings removed - unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account" and then i seen that "This user is no longer registered on eBay."

I just dodged a scam.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants