Sold something on ebay "apparently " it didn't turn up

61 replies
Found 18th Apr 2011
Basically, mid-feb I sold a game on ebay, this guy bought it and then opened a case against me saying it had not arrived, I had not sent it recorded (which I had meant to do) and need to send off a claim to royal mail for it still.
The problem arrises now though, that I have been having a look through ebay this evening and spotted a game very similar to the one I sold, it is quite rare but not really rare, and to find another that is complete but missing it's cover is slightly uncommon, upon further investigation, turns out to be the same person (and same bleeding game) who bought mine in the first place and said it didn't turn up!!!!!!!

Anyone know what I should do, who to contact etc?

Cheers.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
61 Comments

If you can't provide a tracking number you will lose the dispute

lol, what a tool he is.

Report him to RM for fraud (assuming they paid out the claim) & also the police.

Take a few screenshots etc in case the ad disappears

get someone to buy it from them so they dont click on its you and then say it didnt turn up and get your game back that way lol

Edited by: "pink-ka" 18th Apr 2011

Contact eBay, paypal and Royal Mail.
I'd also send him a message saying you will be contacting the above and that it is a criminal offence to steal post (which is in effect what he did) and that the police may be interested.
Make him sweat and dob him in.
He's a cheeky b*gger and a thief.

Go to his address.

You could try and report him to ebay. If you have a photo of the condition of the game it might help

Banned

MarzBarz

Go to his address.

This.

Go with old faithful,mr b.ball bat

yea i got that from a toss pot on play.com, not really alot you can do except contact ebay.

I think you need a receipt to claim. Maybe buy it off him with another account and say you didn't receive it!

Get intouch with ebay giving the item number etc. They are really good. I sold some festival tickets last year and a real a*****e bought them, had major probs, but ebay was brill. Good luck!

babyboxer85

yea i got that from a toss pot on play.com, not really alot you can do … yea i got that from a toss pot on play.com, not really alot you can do except contact ebay.I think you need a receipt to claim. Maybe buy it off him with another account and say you didn't receive it! karma

but he will probably have the brains to send recorded, so op will be out of pocket more than currently

Original Poster

The game I sold had a sticker on the inside, the sticker has been removed but residue is visible in the picture.
He states that he sends items recorded delivery, so imagine that he would send it recorded, the only thing I can think of is leaving the item sealed and taking it to the Police, obviously it is the same case, and if it has my finger prints on it still then it is a done deal, but I will then still be out of pocket, because he will have made money on me buying the "evidence" it's a tricky one, and to who ever said go to his house, that would not be a wise idea, apart from it being quite some distance from me (at least 80 miles), going round to someones house is NEVER the good idea

Banned

Take some screenshots, contact RM, Paypal and eBay then go around his house with a baseball bat and get your game back

what game was it?

There's nothing you can do except take it on the chin and make sure you use recorded mail when selling on cr4p-bay.

if you cant do anything about it, then open a few new accounts and bid on all of his stuff and make sure you win them all, then dont pay and p!ss him off.

MikeBeaver

Kinda what I thought, although technically , as someone said above, he … Kinda what I thought, although technically , as someone said above, he has stolen mail, and that is a criminal offence, plus I have put in a claim with RM regarding it being lost, so should I now get in touch and tell them not to bother refunding me (if they are going to at all anyway) because I think the scummy [email protected] has actually lied?

you can try, when i did it (play) they didnt do anything

MarzBarz

Go to his address.

This has to be the best answer I have ever heard LOL

Banned

MikeBeaver

The game I sold had a sticker on the inside, the sticker has been removed … The game I sold had a sticker on the inside, the sticker has been removed but residue is visible in the picture.He states that he sends items recorded delivery, so imagine that he would send it recorded, the only thing I can think of is leaving the item sealed and taking it to the Police, obviously it is the same case, and if it has my finger prints on it still then it is a done deal, but I will then still be out of pocket, because he will have made money on me buying the "evidence" it's a tricky one, and to who ever said go to his house, that would not be a wise idea, apart from it being quite some distance from me (at least 80 miles), going round to someones house is NEVER the good idea

No way will the police start taking finger prints etc on a case as petty as this

after all, you could have just put your finger prints on the game and re-sealed it.

MikeBeaver

The game I sold had a sticker on the inside, the sticker has been removed … The game I sold had a sticker on the inside, the sticker has been removed but residue is visible in the picture.He states that he sends items recorded delivery, so imagine that he would send it recorded, the only thing I can think of is leaving the item sealed and taking it to the Police, obviously it is the same case, and if it has my finger prints on it still then it is a done deal, but I will then still be out of pocket, because he will have made money on me buying the "evidence" it's a tricky one, and to who ever said go to his house, that would not be a wise idea, apart from it being quite some distance from me (at least 80 miles), going round to someones house is NEVER the good idea

Its a good idea.... brick his window or key the car.

i was thinking, if its still possible why dont you put another comment on the feedback part saying what he has done, so when people look at hiss feedback they might see it, theres a chance it will be removed but you never know.

That is the funniest thing I've heard in ages. UK's dumbest criminals beware, there is a new kid on the block! Hey OP try selling your story to the papers if it does turn out to be your game that he's selling, you might make some money afterall then!

depending on how much you sold the game for you can claim upto £36 back from first class postage .. if you only sold it for £10 say, then you inform RM that to buy it again it'll be £40 so you get the full £36 back .. winner winner chicken dinner

and anyone who comments saying "fraud" can kiss my a$$

I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait bleeding ages for his game to arrive because you didn't send it recorded like you were supposed to. The expected delivery date came and went and he still didn't get it, then a week later he opened a case against you. Then a few days later the game arrives in a badly wrapped parcel with a dog eared looking second class stamp on it. He decides against going through the hassle of closing the case against you seeing as he had to wait so long for the thing and you skimped on the postage cost. Not only because of that but because the game you sold wasn't only missing the cover it was also so badly scratched it wouldn't play on his console...

NUMBER8GAMESTER

I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait … I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait bleeding ages for his game to arrive because you didn't send it recorded like you were supposed to. The expected delivery date came and went and he still didn't get it, then a week later he opened a case against you. Then a few days later the game arrives in a badly wrapped parcel with a dirty looking second class stamp on it. He decides against going through the hassle of closing the case against you seeing as he had to wait so long for the thing and you skimped on the postage cost...

you were the buyer then?

No I'm not! I just tried to look at the situation impartially. Rather than suggesting sending letter bombs to the buyers address.

Banned

arcangel111

depending on how much you sold the game for you can claim upto £36 back … depending on how much you sold the game for you can claim upto £36 back from first class postage .. if you only sold it for £10 say, then you inform RM that to buy it again it'll be £40 so you get the full £36 back .. winner winner chicken dinner and anyone who comments saying "fraud" can kiss my a$$

For ebay items, you only can claim the sale price plus postage.

unless the OP wants to be a hypocrite and be no better than the buyer.

Banned

NUMBER8GAMESTER

I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait … I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait bleeding ages for his game to arrive because you didn't send it recorded like you were supposed to. The expected delivery date came and went and he still didn't get it, then a week later he opened a case against you. Then a few days later the game arrives in a badly wrapped parcel with a dog eared looking second class stamp on it. He decides against going through the hassle of closing the case against you seeing as he had to wait so long for the thing and you skimped on the postage cost. Not only because of that but because the game you sold wasn't only missing the cover it was also so badly scratched it wouldn't play on his console...

NUMBER8GAMESTER

No I'm not! I just tried to look at the situation impartially. Rather … No I'm not! I just tried to look at the situation impartially. Rather than suggesting sending letter bombs to the buyers address.

impartially just by making things up off the top of your head?

Weird!

NUMBER8GAMESTER

I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait … I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait bleeding ages for his game to arrive because you didn't send it recorded like you were supposed to. The expected delivery date came and went and he still didn't get it, then a week later he opened a case against you. Then a few days later the game arrives in a badly wrapped parcel with a dog eared looking second class stamp on it. He decides against going through the hassle of closing the case against you seeing as he had to wait so long for the thing and you skimped on the postage cost. Not only because of that but because the game you sold wasn't only missing the cover it was also so badly scratched it wouldn't play on his console...

NUMBER8GAMESTER

No I'm not! I just tried to look at the situation impartially. Rather … No I'm not! I just tried to look at the situation impartially. Rather than suggesting sending letter bombs to the buyers address.

I notice how you haven't criticised anybody in this thread for suggesting that the OP bombs the seller or goes around to his house with a baseball bat.

Weird!!!

Banned

NUMBER8GAMESTER

I notice how you haven't criticised anybody in this thread for suggesting … I notice how you haven't criticised anybody in this thread for suggesting that the OP bombs the seller or goes around to his house with a baseball bat.Weird!!!

they were obviously joking lmao

whereas you are just making wild accusations that the OP is lying about the details of the story!

Now thats very weird!

I wouldnt bother commenting if you have nothing helpful to add to a thread!

Take it on the chin mate. Not worth the neg feedback. Just learn the lesson, there are some proper d1cks out there.

OP just as someone has already said buy the game back (using another ebay name) & then do a paypal claim on them saying no game arrived.
If the scammer sends it recorded just tell paypal no disc was in the case.

Fly with the Crows get shot with the crows & all that..........

csiman

they were obviously joking lmaowhereas you are just making wild … they were obviously joking lmaowhereas you are just making wild accusations that the OP is lying about the details of the story!Now thats very weird!I wouldnt bother commenting if you have nothing helpful to add to a thread!

When we need things investigating its CSI-MAN to the rescue! What sort of retard are you? I notice how terrible your observational skills are. I didn't suggest the OP was lying about the details of the story, everything I stated was in the information that the OP gave. What dishonest action did I suggest the OP engaged in again? Your imagination evidently got the better of you there sir! I wouldn't even bother commenting if you're so stupid you can't process the information in front of you well enough to make logical responses on it.

Very weird!!!

NUMBER8GAMESTER

I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait … I suppose it's possible that the guy that bought the game had to wait bleeding ages for his game to arrive because you didn't send it recorded like you were supposed to.

One important fact.
Recorded delivery is sent with the normal mail, so it is not delivered any quicker.

How do you know he was supposed to send it recorded?

Because the OP said that he was meant to send it recorded delivery! Would it not be safe to assume that the OP knew what he was talking about?

Banned

NUMBER8GAMESTER

Because the OP said that he was meant to send it recorded delivery! Would … Because the OP said that he was meant to send it recorded delivery! Would it not be safe to assume that the OP knew what he was talking about?

Have you noticed, that sometimes, people don't tell the truth.

the buyer was probably one of THEM

vibeone

Have you noticed, that sometimes, people don't tell the truth.

Are you actually suggesting that the OP lied?

Banned

NUMBER8GAMESTER

Are you actually suggesting that the OP lied?

No I'm saying I don't know, and nor do you.

Some bloke called 'MikeBeaver' on an online shopping forum who I've never met does not make him trustworthy

(No offense Mike, just making a point)

vibeone

No I'm saying I don't know, and nor do you.Some bloke called 'MikeBeaver' … No I'm saying I don't know, and nor do you.Some bloke called 'MikeBeaver' on an online shopping forum who I've never met does not make him trustworthy(No offense Mike, just making a point)

I can totally understand where you're coming from and agree. Personally I don't think the OP is lying, it seems like quite a genuine post to me.

thesaint

One important fact. Recorded delivery is sent with the normal mail, so it … One important fact. Recorded delivery is sent with the normal mail, so it is not delivered any quicker.How do you know he was supposed to send it recorded?

I ordered two items of clothing online last week, one on Monday and one on Thursday. The item I ordered on Monday was not sent by recorded delivery and was despatched the next day. The item I ordered on the Thursday was sent by recorded delivery. They were both delivered by royal mail on Saturday morning. But by two different postmen, the recorded item first arrived at about 730am and it wasn't my regular postman that delivered it. The item I ordered on Monday arrived a few hours later and was delivered by my normal postman. I usually find that items sent by recorded delivery arrive earlier.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604826
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games44
    3. Wuntu codes give away11
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810992

See more discussions