Groups

Soldiers killed in Afghanistan returning home

Just been watching the repatriation on Sky News,RIP and thanks to them and indeed all our troops

If anyone wishes to discuss the merits of the war then this thread is not the place to do it,please start another thread,keep this thread for respectful posts to our troops

28 Comments

Banned

Sad day, thoughts with all their families .. brave men and women

RIP.

RIP to all the afghans who are dieing too because of this war.

+1

Thought I'd get in before the anti war haters come on. I'm not pro Afghanistan or Iraq war, but if a soldier has laid his life down for a cause he believes in then who are we to criticise him.

RIP and thanks. I pray we don't have many days like we have had recently.

Banned

stefor;5746863

+1Thought I'd get in before the anti war haters come on. I'm not pro … +1Thought I'd get in before the anti war haters come on. I'm not pro Afghanistan or Iraq war, but if a soldier has laid his life down for a cause he believes in then who are we to criticise him.RIP and thanks. I pray we don't have many days like we have had recently.

Is that someone who is against the hating of wars, or in favour of hating those who are anti-war?

Banned

black gerbil1;5746830

RIP.RIP to all the afghans who are dieing too because of this war.

I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in.

In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons.

The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.

Banned

Dellboy182;5746942

If we weren't fighting them in Afghanistan then we would be on the … If we weren't fighting them in Afghanistan then we would be on the streets. tho in my eye one bomb would have do the trick.

That was the rationale of the Bush administration - who exactly are 'them'?

Respect to all members of the armed forces, and not forgetting their long suffering families.
    We owe a duty of care to look after our troops regardless of what you think of the war.

Remember soldiers don't start wars, politicians do. Which makes me wonder exactly how many sons and daughters of politicians are on the front line?

RIP lads, you will never be forgotten.

so very very sad RIP, I am so lucky my nephew did his tour in Ireland and In Iraq and is now home safe

Banned

anyway...RIP to everyone soldier and non soldier

let this thread be what it is

Banned

DKLS;5747109

Ehhh?, Soldiers follow orders, simple as, If you wish to blame anyone … Ehhh?, Soldiers follow orders, simple as, If you wish to blame anyone follow the chain of command.

But didn't Einstein say He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5747268

Why do you constantly knock our Armed Forces?

That wasn't me, that was Einstein.

EDIT:en.wikipedia.org/wik…ein

R.I.P

My OH has a friend thats been to Afghanistan, Hes not the same man that went in.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5747308

Why quote him in this thread then? You've always got a smarmy or smart … Why quote him in this thread then? You've always got a smarmy or smart comment about them.

Because I resent the unnecessary deaths of young men, young fathers, brothers and good men being dressed up in some perverse concept of duty and honour.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5747400

They don't want your pity, they signed up to do a job they wanted to do, … They don't want your pity, they signed up to do a job they wanted to do, they knew the risks. "I (state your name), swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to ]Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, ]crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me"I went to Iraq x 2 (never went to Afghan) I knew the risks, I took the money, and I done something I believed was worthwhile. Get off your high horse you ****

What exactly? Carrying out the orders of old men to go to war against another group of men being ordered around by a different bunch of old men.

Aren't we as a species getting a little old for this dance?

Banned

boothy;5747487

I have expired this as it seems a few idiots cannot respect the … I have expired this as it seems a few idiots cannot respect the sacrifices of our soldiers without talking politically correct claptrap.

It's not politically correct - why do you use phrases that have nothing to do with this subject?

I don't expect you to reply because you don't have the skills to.

Banned

myaser88;5747498

what's 'politically correct' , :whistling:

A phrase used almost exclusively by people who don't know what it means.

It was actually invented as a way of identifying people suited to a career in testing new medications.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5747523

Just put the idiots and do gooders on ignore.

What's wrong with 'doing good'?

Shouldn't we all try and 'do good' for our fellow man?

supermod

If anyone wishes to discuss the merits of the war then this thread is not … If anyone wishes to discuss the merits of the war then this thread is not the place to do it,please start another thread,keep this thread for respectful posts to our troops

If any members with to discuss other issues please start their own thread & respect the OP's request to keep this thread on topic. Further off topic posts will be classed as trolling and dealt with accordingly. (relevant posts & references to them now deleted).

our heartfelt thanks to them and no doubt from the millions of Afghans who now live better lives because of their sacrifices,

Original Poster

sigma;5747594

If any members with to discuss other issues please start their own thread … If any members with to discuss other issues please start their own thread & respect the OP's request to keep this thread on topic. Further off topic posts will be classed as trolling and dealt with accordingly. (relevant posts & references to them now deleted).

Thanks Sigma,much apprecited

Banned

sigma;5747681

jah128, I never mentioned political correctness. I only asked that if … jah128, I never mentioned political correctness. I only asked that if members wish to start a debate on another topic then they are welcome to start another thread - not that they cannot discuss those issues in MISC. Asking them to start their own thread is not an reasonable request surely especially when dealing with an emotive subject ?

hotukdeals.com/ite…me/

It was when they applauded that got me. Much as the tabloid press usually annoys me, they have done a good job in getting the majority of the country behind our boys and girls.

God bless them all.

Live a soldier, die a hero. RIP lads, may your heads be held high xx

Lulu'sMammy;5749555

Whats dftt?

Don`t feed the troll! :thumbsup:

mod

sigma;5747594

If any members with to discuss other issues please start their own thread … If any members with to discuss other issues please start their own thread & respect the OP's request to keep this thread on topic. Further off topic posts will be classed as trolling and dealt with accordingly. (relevant posts & references to them now deleted).

Anymore and infractions will be issued. You have been warned twice now.

DKLS;5746981

Respect to all members of the armed forces, and not forgetting their long … Respect to all members of the armed forces, and not forgetting their long suffering families.We owe a duty of care to look after our troops regardless of what you think of the war.Remember soldiers don't start wars, politicians do. Which makes me wonder exactly how many sons and daughters of politicians are on the front line?

Good point! :thumbsup:

RIP

I think it's very sad to see these young men that have died. I think it's commendable of them to have been there and died, I hope the cause is a worthwhile one!

Personally I don't know how I would cope with losing a loved one in similar circumstances. Their families and friend's have all my sympathy and wish them all the best...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmaticians2743
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder713
      3. word association Game74044576
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767437

See more discussions