Expired

SOLVED-Need help PLEASE (prefrably moderators)

Found 9th Jan 2010
Please can you tell me if the following website is genuine or not

IS IT A SCAM

buydirect.myshopify.com/

7 Comments

No landline number rings alarm bells....

I don't know why people just don't trust their instincts. If it looks dodgy enough for you to ask, and the prices appear to be too cheap...............

supermod

There are no website registration details on whois, only the host service myshopify.com is given & the website is copyrighted 2010 - so it can only be 9 days old at a maximum.

Copyright © 2010 BUY DIRECT. All Rights Reserved. All prices GBP.

Company House info :

Name & Registered Office:BUY DIRECT ONLINE LTDSUITE 16 BEAUFORT COURT … Name & Registered Office:BUY DIRECT ONLINE LTDSUITE 16 BEAUFORT COURT ADMIRALS WAYSOUTH QUAYDOCKLANDSLONDONE14 9XLCompany No. 05505200Status: ActiveDate of Incorporation: 11/07/2005Country of Origin: United KingdomCompany Type: Private Limited CompanyNature of Business (SIC(03)):5263 - Other non-store retail saleAccounting Reference Date: 31/07Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)Next Accounts Due: 30/04/2010Last Return Made Up To: 11/07/2009Next Return Due: 08/08/2010

A google of that address seems to return accountants premises.

uk.answers.yahoo.com/que…YxQ

Google their contact number as advised above

buydirect.myshopify.com/pag…-us

+447035945089

avsforum.com/avs…t=8
avsforum.com/avs…t=9

The word 'scam' is used a lot on the results - just stating a fact & not making any judgements obviously.

NB : there are a number of other websites with a similar name & they obviously shouldn't be confused with the details registered against the site in question here ie > buydirect.myshopify.com/

mod

What Sigma said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

My rule of thumb is "if it's too good to be true it probably is" - but always worth checking first

Original Poster

I think I won't buy with them because it looks to be dodgy THANKS SIGMA !!

From their "blog"

"am Richard Wallace from Ire land i order 15unit of n900 via there email and my order has been process

Richard"

Ire Land my **** - that terminology stinks of Chinese. Why the hell would someone need to write on their blo that the order had been processed?!

Scam.

Lol...

chinese or nigerian?
Post a comment
@
    Text