Groups

**SOLVED** PS3 Controller Problem

hi, i've having a problem with my ps3 controller, i have been blasting out killzone 2 all day and just noticed that my R2 buttons is very sensative now also the R2 buttons doesn't come back to the top compared to the L2 button

anyone know how to fix this?

15 Comments

All PS3 controller go like that...

Original Poster

no but its very sensative, sometimes i dont have to press the button and it thinks i'm pressing the button, if i shake the controller if thinks i'm also pressing it...dunno what is up with it

adrian96;6353679

All PS3 controller go like that...

Try giving it a clean.

Works fine when I did, have to open it up and clear all the junk from between the buttons. Plastics can be removed and washed. Just be careful.

I have a similar prob with my DS3, but the L2. I think it happened when my neice chucked it about one time...

It is not dirt, I think it is the spring in the triggers must have got mis-alligned.

There are vids on youtube of how to dis/assemble the controllers. I havent got round to doing it yet.

gd_miester;6353804

I have a similar prob with my DS3, but the L2. I think it happened when … I have a similar prob with my DS3, but the L2. I think it happened when my neice chucked it about one time...It is not dirt, I think it is the spring in the triggers must have got mis-alligned.There are vids on youtube of how to dis/assemble the controllers. I havent got round to doing it yet.

Its really easy.

Original Poster

i've managed to open it and noticed that the R2 spring is only wrapped around the supporting brace once where as the L2 button is wrapped around twice...looks like it may be the spring

I had a simliar thing, where the R2 button was much for in than the L2, and all i had to do was touch it for it to become active.
    I just contacted Sony up, and they told me to send it to them for inspection and that they would either fix it or send a refurbished one.
    They sent a refurbished one after.

Original Poster

ace101;6353989

I had a simliar thing, where the R2 button was much for in than the L2, … I had a simliar thing, where the R2 button was much for in than the L2, and all i had to do was touch it for it to become active. I just contacted Sony up, and they told me to send it to them for inspection and that they would either fix it or send a refurbished one.They sent a refurbished one after.

i dont think i can contact sony...this controller is an imported one from japan, i purchased it way back when they came out in japan first then around 1 year later here in the UK

Have you tried using some giotech triggers?

Original Poster

Spriggan;6354153

Have you tried using some giotech triggers?

to be honest with you, i have been using them and belive that they are the reason why the R2 button is the way it is...didn't have no problems with the R2 button before these triggers

killabyte;6354172

to be honest with you, i have been using them and belive that they are … to be honest with you, i have been using them and belive that they are the reason why the R2 button is the way it is...didn't have no problems with the R2 button before these triggers

Wouldn't do anything to brake it, it's just an extension of the button, nothing more, nothing less.

It's broke because it's broke, like how some people have N64s for 10 years and they still work, and some people bought it on release day and it broke 2 weeks later.

Original Poster

does anyone know how to replace the spring?

killabyte;6355390

does anyone know how to replace the spring?

Surely somewhere will sell a spring that size. Ebay maybe.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6355989

Surely somewhere will sell a spring that size. Ebay maybe.

PROBLEM SOLVED:

noticed that the spring had snapped and needed replacing so i replaced it with the spring from the old floppy disks, works like its brand new...feels much better, even better then the L2 button which works fine

killabyte;6356684

PROBLEM SOLVED: :)noticed that the spring had snapped and needed … PROBLEM SOLVED: :)noticed that the spring had snapped and needed replacing so i replaced it with the spring from the old floppy disks, works like its brand new...feels much better, even better then the L2 button which works fine

Glad you found something to solve.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad11
      2. Hamburg at christmas22
      3. Biscuit addiction1645
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming34

See more discussions