Groups

Some advice on getting a sat nav.............

I am going to get a sat nav but having never looked into one before i dont really know what makes are good, what features i should be looking out for etc so some advice and opinion would be appreiacted. I dont really want to spend more than £100 but dont mind if it is second hand - i.e. of eBay if I can get a good one for cheaper :-)

9 Comments

I would say just get a tomtom.
    Which one depends on which features you need, ie bluetooth connection to your phone, size of screen, which maps you want.

But tomtom is way better than any others i have tried (imho)

tomtom only mate!

Original Poster

I only think ill need it for the UK and if i do need it abroad i can get updates cant I? What is the advantage of having bluetooth to your phone out of interest?

Get a TomTom, or if you just want one as cheap as possible and reasonable value that you can put TomTom on then I'd recommend this ]http//ww…955

Not as good as a TomTom but half the price.

Go for a ]Garmin good widescreen and nice and easy to use. You can get the 200w for about £70 also. It's an older model but good enough for the UK

Whichever you go for, make sure you get a widescreen but don't bother about the traffic system as it doesn't work very well

tanzc69;8475037

I only think ill need it for the UK and if i do need it abroad i can get … I only think ill need it for the UK and if i do need it abroad i can get updates cant I? What is the advantage of having bluetooth to your phone out of interest?

tomtom.com/pro…d=1

click on more information at the bottom of each product description, then you can click on the features for a better explaination

some cheap manufacturer refurbished ones here
    totalpda.co.uk/Tom…14c

never used the site before

halfords has offers on at the moment too
    ]http//ww…unt

& theres the tomtom refurb store
    tomtom.com/pro…=15

There is lots of makes to choose from , different prices and some with features you may not even use . For , instance , I dont see the point of BT on a satnav , or even ones that play music or view pictures . Must admit some of mine do but I dont use them to play mp3's etc . You just want one to switch on , feed in a post code and give a reliable route . For this you cannot beat a TomTom . Get one with a SD card with the maps on , this way you can update maps etc by just transfering the data to the card from the PC ,without using software or even put another type of software on . I have 2 Navigos , one has 3 different satnav software on the 1 SD card : Miomap ,Igo and TomTom , it did have TurboDog on but I took it off . So, I have a choice , some good features on each but I prefer to use TT. My 3.5" Navigo was only £39.99 from WH Smiths , a corking model with a very good battery life , the features it has which I dont use are picture playback , music and video playback , I put TomTom on it and it's a fantastic unit .
    Check out Halfords ,ebuyer for a start and compare prices .

Banned

get a cheap one (about £40) and put tomtom software on it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114446
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767107
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1446
      4. Online order Packaging - Share your best or worst1830

See more discussions