Groups

Some Camera help, been in water, anything to fix it?

Have a samsung NV3 camera and earlier it fell in water. Can anyone suggest anything to help fix it? Won't turn on at all at the moment :-(

17 Comments

Take a picture & show us :whistling:

Original Poster

:lol:

Well I'm no expert but I reckon once its submerged in water your kinda screwed.

I dont suppose that its covered by any sort of warranty?

If its not I'd maybe open it up and dry it out with a hair dryer, but maybe wait and see if anyone else has any better suggestions first.

The worst thing you can do is try and turn it on.

For water damaged electrical, dismantle as far as you can, and leave to dry thoroughly. Only try and turn it on when it is fully dry.

:lol:...........
    SOWWY BUT IF YOU TURNED IT ON ITS A GONNER

"Fire.....and lot's of it"

http://progets.com/simpsons/pics/Dr.%20Hibbert%20with%20his%20trademark%20laugh.gif

peodude;6116682

The worst thing you can do is try and turn it on. For water damaged … The worst thing you can do is try and turn it on. For water damaged electrical, dismantle as far as you can, and leave to dry thoroughly. Only try and turn it on when it is fully dry.

+1 stick it in the airing cupboard for a couple of days and wait before it is thoroughly dried before trying to turn it on

put it in a bowl of rice for a week

apparently the best thing to do it take the battery out and leave to comepltely dry for three days or so before even attempting to recharge, it was on tv about 'what not to do' when cameras, phones etc have been dropped in water and the worst thing you can do is try and recharge it to dry it out

Original Poster

Thanks for the tips guys, have take the battery and memory card out but thats as much as I can open it :-(

bassman_uk;6116715

put it in a bowl of rice for a week

the rice will soak up the water. this was a serious answer!

+1 on drying it, use a hair dryer to dry the inside part through any intake holes you can find on the casing. wait for a couple of days before turning it on.

good luck

Original Poster

bassman_uk;6116806

the rice will soak up the water. this was a serious answer!

I know, a friend suggested this to me too! Just dont have any rice in the house just now :roll:

using a hair dryer may cause more damage

bassman_uk;6116862

using a hair dryer may cause more damage

not if youre careful, from my experience

nuabdi;6116903

not if youre careful, from my experience

I wouldn't recommend it - natural drying would be more preferable, just have patience

Take the battery and memory card out and then put it in a bag of rice and leave it for a few days.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are the free antivirus any good?22
      2. Currys Return11
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?78
      4. Looking for an iPhone deal22

See more discussions