Groups

Some ebay help pls

on 30th nov i ordered a xmas present that was £55 and another £9 for postage
    As yet i still havent recieved it,i have emailed the seller several times and been pushed from pillar to post by being given phone numbers for courier company and can never get an answer the phone just rings

The seller is telling me that the courier left my package in a secure place,but i only have a shed and thats used every day and no package has been delivered to the shed
    The seller states that the courier has signed for my package

Getting fed up i started a dispute with paypal for item not recieved,seller has now emailed telling me to cancel the dispute and they will send me a replacement item
    This isnt a small time seller its one of ebays "top sellers"

Thing is as the courier has supposedly signed for my package will paypal accept that as proof of delivery even though i havent got the item?
    should i cancel the dispute and hope they send me my item? if they dont im boogered cos i wouldnt be able to reopen the dispute

I've ordered so much on ebay just lately (90% of my xmas shopping!) and everythings run so smoothly there just had to be a problem didnt there :o(

any help on this one gratefully received

8 Comments

A courier can't sign for your package - only you can.

Tell the seller you will cancel the dispute as soon as the replacement is sent and received. Keep the current dispute open - and ensure that all communication with the seller is through ebay.

Your case is not against the courier - it is against the seller for failing to supply the goods.

The seller may have a complaint against the courier.

Original Poster

Thanks i thought as much,im wondering if they just want the dispute cancelled so they can forget about my package

virus;7230809

A courier can't sign for your package - only you can.Tell the seller you … A courier can't sign for your package - only you can.Tell the seller you will cancel the dispute as soon as the replacement is sent and received. Keep the current dispute open - and ensure that all communication with the seller is through ebay.Your case is not against the courier - it is against the seller for failing to supply the goods.The seller may have a complaint against the courier.

perfect answer :thumbsup:

Yep ditto what the others have said, if you cancel the dispute the seller has no reason to send a replacement as you can't re'open the dispute.
    Also from experience make sure you communicate with the seller through the paypal dispute or Ebay then it's all on record.
    Good luck, hope you do get your replacement asap

virus;7230809

A courier can't sign for your package - only you can.Tell the seller you … A courier can't sign for your package - only you can.Tell the seller you will cancel the dispute as soon as the replacement is sent and received. Keep the current dispute open - and ensure that all communication with the seller is through ebay.Your case is not against the courier - it is against the seller for failing to supply the goods.The seller may have a complaint against the courier.

Spot on. Tell him you'll cancel the dispute (there will be no dispute anyway) once you've received what you paid for in adequate condition. He should offer this through paypal anyway. Don't worry! Don't close the dispute until you're satisfied.

Original Poster

I've had another email from the seller stating that as im keeping the dispute open they will wait for paypal to sort it now and that means that as their business shuts on the 17th dec-4th jan i wont get my item til after xmas
    I think this seller deserves a festive red dot!

Tell them you don't want the item in that case and a refund will suffice!

Did you escalate the claim to a dispute,or do you mean you've only filed a claim at the moment?

Don't neg until you have a refund/replacement!

Original Poster

I have escalated the dispute as im getting nowhere with this seller
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions