Groups

Some good kids/family movies?

Hi all.
    Looking to add some family DVD's to my Lovefilm list but can't think of many.

We watched 'Megamind' recently which we all loved and the kids and OH also liked 'Despicable Me'

Sooooooo, can anyone please recommend any others we may likem, preferably newish ones?

Thanks x

33 Comments

Banned

Anything Pixar and Disney to state the obvious.

Banned

Also How to Train your Dragon is outstanding too.

master_chief

Anything Pixar and Disney is all you need.

Fixed

Original Poster

master_chief

Anything Pixar and Disney to state the obvious.

Think we've watched most if not all of the Pixar and Disney ones - any recently released Disney or Pixar titles you can think of?

Banned

Mrs.Z

Think we've watched most if not all of the Pixar and Disney ones - any … Think we've watched most if not all of the Pixar and Disney ones - any recently released Disney or Pixar titles you can think of?

Tangled and Princess and the Frog

Original Poster

master_chief

Also How to Train your Dragon is outstanding too.

Good one, we watched it but didn't get round to finishing the last half hour, will add it agaiin

Mod & Ed

enchanted is very often overlooked

Original Poster

master_chief

Tangled and Princess and the Frog

Ooh yeah Tangled! We've watched Pricess and the Frog

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

enchanted is very often overlooked

No we've got that (I like it too)

I remember really liking ferngully when I was a kid.

Amazingly I ended up straight also

Dragon Hunters & Legend of the Guardians

depends on how old the kids are
    mine (age 9 and 6) love diary of a wimpy kid , night at the museum , nanny mcphee , mr bean ,

mars needs moms?
    Edited by: "plumberman01" 23rd May 2011

sancho1983

I remember really liking ferngully when I was a kid.Amazingly I ended up … I remember really liking ferngully when I was a kid.Amazingly I ended up straight also

i loved ferngully aswell

Mod & Ed

Mrs.Z

No we've got that (I like it too)

So do I, love stardust too x

stop watching tv and go out into the sunshine lol

Banned

Plum

Dragon Hunters & Legend of the Guardians

Legend of the Guardians is a good call. Has some of the finest animation made, worth getting the Blu-ray.

Original Poster

purple22

depends on how old the kids are mine (age 9 and 6) love diary of a wimpy … depends on how old the kids are mine (age 9 and 6) love diary of a wimpy kid , night at the museum , nanny mcphee , mr bean ,

mine are 8 and 6
    We all love the last 3, will add wimpy kiid x

Original Poster

wishihadadonkey

So do I, love stardust too x

Will add this too then

Original Poster

Alfonse

stop watching tv and go out into the sunshine lol

Aww don't get me wrong - we live in a private estate so they get to play out with all our neighbours kids every single day

We have a few long journeys to do, so want to grab a few DVDs to use in the car

just looking on dvd shelf and come up with

bedtime stories
    alvin and the chipmunks
    home alone
    Edited by: "purple22" 23rd May 2011

Mrs.Z

Aww don't get me wrong - we live in a private estate so they get to play … Aww don't get me wrong - we live in a private estate so they get to play out with all our neighbours kids every single day :DWe have a few long journeys to do, so want to grab a few DVDs to use in the car

sorry jokes, there's always someone who has to say it

Edited by: "Alfonse" 23rd May 2011

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs!

mrs z am i on your ignore list

My kids love
    Alvin and the Chipmunks
    Alpha & Omega
    Tangled
    How to Train your dragon
    Marmaduke
    Nanny McPhee and the big bang
    Despicable Me
    Megamind

Astroboy

Original Poster

purple22

just looking on dvd shelf and come up withbedtime storiesalvin and the … just looking on dvd shelf and come up withbedtime storiesalvin and the chipmunkshome alone

Thanks, we have the first two but haven't watched Home Alone all the way through - love it!

Original Poster

plumberman01

mrs z am i on your ignore list :/:(

Aww no sorry I couldn't find it with the way you spelt it, thought maybe you was winding me up LOL!

Original Poster

mum2littleangels

My kids loveAlvin and the Chipmunks Alpha & OmegaTangledHow to Train your … My kids loveAlvin and the Chipmunks Alpha & OmegaTangledHow to Train your dragonMarmadukeNanny McPhee and the big bangDespicable MeMegamind

Thank you very much, some goodies there (except Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang - LAAAAAAAAAAAME!)

lol what me???
    hmm i put mums...

my kids loved it even tho the reviews werent great..and when we watched it in the cinema at the end it shows how its made and its amazing! made me a bit teary tbh as its sentimental. Liked it more than megamind tho!
    LOVED how to train your dragon!

Mrs.Z

Aww no sorry I couldn't find it with the way you spelt it, thought maybe … Aww no sorry I couldn't find it with the way you spelt it, thought maybe you was winding me up LOL!

i know its not recent but my son loves stuart little-i think 1,2and 3 in asda were £5

Original Poster

plumberman01

i know its not recent but my son loves stuart little-i think 1,2and 3 in … i know its not recent but my son loves stuart little-i think 1,2and 3 in asda were £5

I have ordered Moms from Mars, thanks
    I bought the Stuart Little set from Amazon a few years back, good movies

We liked Marley & Me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?510
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions