Groups

Some good sitcom pilots on Iplayer....

Our Ex wife - with Robert Webb

bbc.co.uk/pro…40m

Motherland - Sitcom pilot from Graham Linehan and Sharon Horgan.

bbc.co.uk/pro…wrn

11 Comments

Am i the only one who finds all these new sitcoms not funny at all?

I can watch some of the old ones over & over again & they still make me laugh.Infact i do & it really gets on the Wifes nerves. X)
    Blackadder
    Father Ted
    Fawlty Towers

I'm Alan Partridge
    La La Land.
    My Family
    One Foot In The Grave
    Only Fools And Horses
    Phoenix Nights

Rab C. Nesbitt
    Rising Damp
    Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
    Steptoe And Son
    The League Of Gentlemen
    The Office
    The Royle Family

To name but a few, sorry dave but i can't even bring myself to watch the full trailer.

Edited by: "OldEnglish" 16th Sep 2016

OldEnglish

Am i the only one who finds all these new sitcoms not funny at all?I can … Am i the only one who finds all these new sitcoms not funny at all?I can watch some of the old ones over & over again & they still make me laugh.Infact i do & it really gets on the Wifes nerves. X)BlackadderFather TedFawlty TowersI'm Alan PartridgeMy FamilyOne Foot In The GraveOnly Fools And HorsesPhoenix NightsRab C. NesbittRising DampSome Mothers Do 'Ave 'EmSteptoe And SonThe League Of GentlemenThe OfficeThe Royle FamilyLa La Land.To name but a few, sorry dave but i can't even bring myself to watch the full trailer. ;)I'm Alan Partridge

well alan.... why is 'la la land' out of alphabetical order?
    i find that very disappointing indeed

OldEnglish

Am i the only one who finds all these new sitcoms not funny at all?I can … Am i the only one who finds all these new sitcoms not funny at all?I can watch some of the old ones over & over again & they still make me laugh.Infact i do & it really gets on the Wifes nerves. X)BlackadderFather TedFawlty TowersI'm Alan PartridgeMy FamilyOne Foot In The GraveOnly Fools And HorsesPhoenix NightsRab C. NesbittRising DampSome Mothers Do 'Ave 'EmSteptoe And SonThe League Of GentlemenThe OfficeThe Royle FamilyLa La Land.To name but a few, sorry dave but i can't even bring myself to watch the full trailer. ;)I'm Alan Partridge

sorry i just noticed 'my family'
    you kidder, alan!
    Edited by: "brilly" 16th Sep 2016

OldEnglish

Am i the only one who finds all these new sitcoms not funny at all?

No, you're not. The last batch (including this one) were terrible.

I watched Our Ex-Wife this morning. Thought it was very good and I hope they make a series. I also watched Home From Home (Jonny Vegas, Joanna Page), which I thought was pretty average.

Some good sitcom pilots on Iplayer....wait for it.......
    Graham, where are you?
    To con you into getting a licence.

brilly

sorry i just noticed 'my family' you kidder, alan!

Sorry brilly i added it to the end, but i've sorted it out now.

Banned

Oneday77

Some good sitcom pilots on Iplayer....wait for it............Graham, … Some good sitcom pilots on Iplayer....wait for it............Graham, where are you?....To con you into getting a licence.

Only a matter of time.

"Our Ex wife" seemed like it should be a one off as I can't imagine a whole series of that. Just seemed too cliched with no real humour.

Agharta

"Our Ex wife" seemed like it should be a one off as I can't imagine a … "Our Ex wife" seemed like it should be a one off as I can't imagine a whole series of that. Just seemed too cliched with no real humour.

There was a real danger of this being a cliche-fest, but I thought it was very well written and avoided pretty much all of those bear-traps.

Big fan of Sharon Horgan, 'Pulling' was on of the best sitcoms of the 00s.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Competitions on HUKD712
      2. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?88
      3. word survey1316
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35

See more discussions