Groups
    EXPIRED

some help needed pretty please

We are getting a rare night out on friday. Ankle muncher is being looked after all night and my mum who we look after is away on holiday sooooo (there is a point to this!)
    I was thinking of staying over in edinburgh (thats where the night out is) problem is needs to be cheep but prefably nice
    Anyone got a few minutes to help me find somwhere?
    TIA

14 Comments

Budget?
    You want breakfast inc?

Suggestions:

Holiday Inn £70 a night for 2 adults inc breakfast 4*
    The Glasshouse (5star) £157 no breakfast
    Chic hotel 4 star £72 no breakfast
    Best Western in Bruntsfield 4* £108

Original Poster

seancampbell

Budget?You want breakfast inc?

Cheap pretty please lol:thumbsup:
    breakfast preferably

How cheap do you need? Holiday Inn is a bargain (can't really go wrong with a big chain) and the breakfasts alone would be £30 for 2 adults to £70 in a 4* is great... If you need cheaper than that it's probably Travel Lodge? Not quite as nice though. (plus no cooked breakfast buffet)

A little extra info:
    Holiday Inn Edinburgh - 4*
    Holiday Inn Edinburgh is adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo, three miles west of central Edinburgh, and four miles from Edinburgh International Airport. With views of the Pentland Hills to the south, the hotel is two miles from Haymarket Station, five miles from Edinburgh Castle, six miles from Holyrood Palace and Edinburgh Dungeon, and 10 miles from Deep Sea World. Hotel amenities include the Spirit Health and Fitness Club (with gym, swimming pool, sauna, spa, and shiatsu massage chair), Traders Restaurant, Sampans Oriental Restaurant, cafe, and cocktail lounge. The hotel also offers room service, valet laundry service, laundry facilities, and free parking.
    All rooms feature satellite TV, in-room movies, coffeemakers, minibars, hairdryers, high-speed Internet access, individual climate controls, and work desks. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel

Facilities
    [LIST]
    [*]Family Rooms
    [*]Fitness Facility
    [*]Golf
    [*]Swimming Pool
    [*]Wheel Chair
    [*]Tennis Court
    [*]Business Centre
    [*]Dining
    [*]Meeting Room
    [*]Non-Smoking
    [*]Data Port
    [*]Check-in Time : 1400
    [*]Check-out Time : 1200
    [*]Number of Floors : 5
    [*]Number of Rooms : 303[/LIST]
    Accepted Credit Cards[LIST]
    [*]MasterCard
    [*]Visa
    [*]Amex[/LIST]

Plus some reward points if you stay enough get you a free night (about 1 night free for 20 paid for at same level, more free if you use holiday inn rewards at express hotels - the cheaper ones)

Original Poster

thank you sean I was ideally looking for cheaper but your right it is a good deal. might have to break out the cc :thumbsup:

Try this link here : Do a search for what you require. There are some cheap B&B's

]Edinburgh B&B's

lol, if i still lived there, you could've kipped at mine!

Holiday inn is cheap, and there is one at ocean terminal. buses run all night there (the 22) and is only 10 mins from the centre on a bus.

Original Poster

shanecr

lol, if i still lived there, you could've kipped at mine! Holiday inn is … lol, if i still lived there, you could've kipped at mine! Holiday inn is cheap, and there is one at ocean terminal. buses run all night there (the 22) and is only 10 mins from the centre on a bus.

Thank you but given you new family addition I don't think me rolling in at all hours after my first drink in 3 years would be welcome :giggle: :giggle:

Friday Night:

Premier Travel Inn

Premier Travel Inn East - £60.00
    Premier Travel Inn Leith - £58.00
    Premier Travel Inn Inveresk - £56.00
    Premier Travel Inn Newcraighall - £60.00
    Premier Travel Inn South Queensferry - £58.00
    Premier Travel Inn City Centre Lauriston Place - £72.00

Breakfast is £7.50 per person for all of those

Through lastminute (don't forget quidco)

Holiday Inn edinburgh - £70
    Jury's Inn Edinburgh - £84
    James Court Apartments - £88 (Which looks amazing!)
    Express By Holiday Inn Edinburgh Waterfront - £69

Novotel (6% Quidco)

Novotel Edinburgh Centre - £79 (Queensize Bed!)

Hope those help :thumbsup:

The Holiday Inn is a nice hotel in a good location, doubt you will get much cheaper than that. Edinburgh hotels are quite expensive so unless you go for a B&B you won't get much less than that.

Given the fact that it is B&B you will probably be better off taking that than staying at a Travel Inn or similar that tend to be room only or charge for breakfast

From Expedia

Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh - £66.98 (Inlcludes full brekky)
    Grassmarket hotel - £66.98 (includes full brekky)
    Murrayfield Hotel & Lodge - £66.98 (includes full brekky)
    Ramada Mount Royal - £79.00
    Royal British Hotel - £81.07
    Jurys Inn Edinburgh - £84.61
    Fountain Court Apartments - Grove - £85.77

:thumbsup: Go for travel / premier lodge and stop off at M&S on the way and treat yourselves to some ready made stuff for breakfast.

Not sure I would want a B&B, I would not want to be up and presentable for their breakfast. The lie in is the best part :w00t: :giggle: :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047134
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.811
      3. What would be HELL to you?2839
      4. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1922

See more discussions