Found 21st May 2009
I just got my LCD tv 19" samsung from downstairs and plugged it into my computer but the screen is good and everything but the writing is quite fuzzy if its close up and its not as clear as my old tft monitor. Is there a way to increase the better picture quality?

ta!!!

8 Comments

Did you plug it in using vga? It's a good idea to try dvi/hdmi if it's got it as text is usually the first thing to go with vga.

Other than that you could try any sharpness controls the screen has got built in, and if you're running windows XP/Vista you could also try turning off cleartype.

Is the computer using the monitor's native resolution (probably 1280x1024 if its a 4x3 or 1440x900 or 1360x768 if its a widescreen)?

Original Poster

i have just found out that the native resolution is now 1440 X 90 and i have set it to that its really clear! BUT

a quarter of the screen is not showing its like the screen isnt centered properly. E.G. i cant see the time in the bottom right and i cant see the cross to close a webpage as i cant see it and on the far left its just a black bar which my mouse cant go over,

can anyone help me?

Thanks endless and jah rep given!

your monitor should have adjusrments for positioning or even better an Auto setting that will do this automatically,

Yeah as above there is usually an auto-mode or you may have to set in manually in the on-screen controls. Some graphics drivers on the computer also have a set of controls that you can use, but I'd try adjusting the monitor first!

Original Poster

i did an auto adjust but no luck and it stayed where it was 3/4 of the screen to the left looks like i will be sending this lcd back

Don't think thats necessary - is there not a manual position control in the menus? (Maybe read the manual!?!)

Also have a look through the menus in your (PCs) graphics drivers - FWIR ATI and Nvidia drivers both usually have some positioning options which can be adjusted to center the screen.

kiwinator;5279917

i have just found out that the native resolution is now 1440 X 900 and i … i have just found out that the native resolution is now 1440 X 900 and i have set it to that its really clear! BUT

Sorry, I forget to mention the most obvious thing :oops:

jah128;5280563

Don't think thats necessary - is there not a manual position control in … Don't think thats necessary - is there not a manual position control in the menus? (Maybe read the manual!?!)Also have a look through the menus in your (PCs) graphics drivers - FWIR ATI and Nvidia drivers both usually have some positioning options which can be adjusted to center the screen.

ATI only has an overscan control for Digital TVs, although you could untick the GPU scaling option if it's ticked as that may make a difference (or set it to centered timings).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98196
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769442
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422866
    4. Add one, leave one game54415439

See more discussions