Some Suggestions to help improve Techwood 55" Smart LED TV 1080p Full HD Freeview or maybe be any other techwood or Vestel made tv

Found 30th Jun 2016
i have recently purchased a Techwood 55AO3TSB 55" Smart LED 1080p Full HD Freeview HD TV Black

Fantastic tv for the price

it has wifi built in

the legs are quite far apart as another purchaser mentioned, dimensions can be checked on the listing page, also can be mounted on a bracket, bolts already on the back of the TV.

The suggestions below may help techwood & vestel made tvs as they may have same settings/system

i may have found a way to increase the volume as others and i have found to be tiny and you have to be near 70 range to get decent sound

i was playing through the settings, and came across 2 things

firstly, in the sound setting menu if you Enable, Surround Sound and AVL, i found i only needed 40 range volume to get decent sound, there are other settings that you could experiment with

also just in case anyone has audio to video lag, i found that at the bottom there is a setting which has either PCM or Compressed as Digital Audio Output, the Compressed option got rid of the audio to video lag, and the sound matched up with the display

also there is a way to 'pair' a soundbar, you have to enable it in the settings>more, then in the list
it will have a option for sound location, default will be tv, you can select the external source and pair via the green button

i should also mention that i have downloaded the Techwood SmartCenter & SmartRemote App from the App store for Iphone 6s and works like a dream.

if any of you are having issue setting up the smartcenter app and linking it to the tv then i found that on the settings menu (on the TV) select more and somewhere down the list there will be smart remote or virtual remote option, select enable and then a popup will appear to 'Pair' Smartcenter app on the phone to the tv via Wifi.

this should change it from demo mode to working mode

the smart center app enables your phone to act has a remote, keyboard and as a mouse (via the touchscreen on the phone), also you can have a 'limited miracast function' which can have your media files (pictures, audio, videos) to be displayed on the TV.

although there is no support of full miracast built in to the TV for IPhone's (i am unsure about android phones etc), you can purchase a dongle which can enable full miracast

i hope this helps someone out
Community Updates
9 Comments
Thanks for all the info I brought one also but I would like to get a sound bar for it ,I have no idea about them could u recommend one not silly money just to make sound bit better
Original Poster
sammyjc71

Thanks for all the info I brought one also but I would like to get a … Thanks for all the info I brought one also but I would like to get a sound bar for it ,I have no idea about them could u recommend one not silly money just to make sound bit better

The suggestions will help somewhat

Sound bar depends on output wattage you want and features and brand
sammyjc71 did you manage to get a soundbar in the end for your techwood tv, and what did you end up going for?
No not yet just not sure I have no clue
I waiting on this tv to come tonight so will try it out as am using a maxell soundbase 70w unit which is actually impressive for price if your looking for that extra kick in films and music but don't want something stupidly loud and won for £31 on ebay and connects via HDMI 1/arc on the tv.
Ye I don't want anything silly just to better the sound a bit that's all il have a look for one of them thanks X
Tv just came few hours ago and it actually sits right on top perfectly there no gap between the tv and soundbase but it sits great
Thank you Topla your comment it has been very helpful
I have one small issue no sound once mirrored. I can clearly see the phone screen on TV but no sound

We do have a soundbar through the optical cable could this be interfering with sound or could it be a set up option?

Any help greatly appreciated

savina100
[quo. Hi I have a problem with my smart tv techwood when I went on google app put something in to search we have ended up with a white blank square on tv anyone dot any ideas what I can do please
\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09i have recently purchased a Techwood 55AO3TSB 55" Smart LED 1080p Full HD Freeview HD TV Black
Fantastic tv for the price
it has wifi built in
the legs are quite far apart as another purchaser mentioned, dimensions can be checked on the listing page, also can be mounted on a bracket, bolts already on the back of the TV.
The suggestions below may help techwood & vestel made tvs as they may have same settings/system
i may have found a way to increase the volume as others and i have found to be tiny and you have to be near 70 range to get decent sound
i was playing through the settings, and came across 2 things
firstly, in the sound setting menu if you Enable, Surround Sound and AVL, i found i only needed 40 range volume to get decent sound, there are other settings that you could experiment with
also just in case anyone has audio to video lag, i found that at the bottom there is a setting which has either PCM or Compressed as Digital Audio Output, the Compressed option got rid of the audio to video lag, and the sound matched up with the display
also there is a way to 'pair' a soundbar, you have to enable it in the settings>more, then in the list
it will have a option for sound location, default will be tv, you can select the external source and pair via the green button
i should also mention that i have downloaded the Techwood SmartCenter & SmartRemote App from the App store for Iphone 6s and works like a dream.
if any of you are having issue setting up the smartcenter app and linking it to the tv then i found that on the settings menu (on the TV) select more and somewhere down the list there will be smart remote or virtual remote option, select enable and then a popup will appear to 'Pair' Smartcenter app on the phone to the tv via Wifi.
this should change it from demo mode to working mode
the smart center app enables your phone to act has a remote, keyboard and as a mouse (via the touchscreen on the phone), also you can have a 'limited miracast function' which can have your media files (pictures, audio, videos) to be displayed on the TV.
although there is no support of full miracast built in to the TV for IPhone's (i am unsure about android phones etc), you can purchase a dongle which can enable full miracast
i hope this helps someone out
\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09[/quote]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions