Someone from Ilse Of man won my Xbox One console on eBay

Posted 10th MayEdited by:"montana78"
Hi guys, Someone won my xbox one S on Ebay and paid for it including the £12 shipping. I packed it and went to post to then realise that they are in the Ilse of man. On their address part they missed out Ilse of Man (maybe intentionally). UPS wont touch it and neither will DHL. ParcelForce want £22.00,

Ebay Packlink offered Hermes signed for enhanced compensation delivery for £11,95.

Once I purchased this I have been asked to fill in a customs invoice.

I have never sold outside UK before. What do I do? Cancel the deal and sell to someone else? Do I have to pay any VAT as it's going to Ilse Of Man?

What are the complications?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Isle be damned!!
You should have stated UK mainland bidders only,It’s not the buyers fault they live on the Isle of Man.I don’t agree with everyone saying cancel because the price is too low either,you should of set a reserve price on the auction or put it for “buy it now”
36 Comments
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98/~/help-sending-mail-to-the-channel-islands-and-isle-of-man

Looks like you don’t need to worry about customs (apart from the form if they insist). If Hermes are offering to do it and insured I’d do that. Proof of delivery should protect you from things going south, That said, if in doubt pull out.
anthonyjames9010/05/2020 23:47

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98/~/help-sending-mail-to-the-channel-islands-and-isle-of-manLooks like you don’t need to worry about customs (apart from the form if they insist). If Hermes are offering to do it and insured I’d do that. Proof of delivery should protect you from things going south, That said, if in doubt pull out.

From parcel monkey. But I don't understand what they're saying , is it saying I need to add the form, or I don't need to add form?
40706904-rcIUz.jpg
Edited by: "montana78" 11th May
Will UPS defo not ship it via eBay packlink
Option? I thought the would have done?
Isle be damned!!
Contact the winner, let them know the p&p costs is for U.K. mainland. Let them know the additional cost & whether or not they wish to finalise the purchase, if not re-list or sell to the person interested in the comments. Isle of Man is part of the U.K. so I don’t believe any additional vat charges would be applicable.
Edited by: "Zero.Chill" 11th May
You sold it cheap.
Cex are paying £170 cash with the box and people are dying for them
Pull out and choose the 4 options.
You never know the parcel might get lost in this awful climate
Sell it to cex for £10 cheaper, don't risk it, the ebayer may mess around with you as well.
Fairest way is to ask the buyer if they woukd like to pay the extra postage for nit being mainland or cancel the sale. We get it all the time living in the Highlands. The extra is usually £10-£15 if its something larger so depending on the value I sometimes cancel and buy elsewhere.
Where is question of extra postage if you charged £12 and you are getting a quote of £11.95 on Packlink?
montana7811/05/2020 01:28

From parcel monkey. But I don't understand what they're saying , is …From parcel monkey. But I don't understand what they're saying , is it saying I need to add the form, or I don't need to add form?[Image]

Free trade no form needed.
Would not send an xbox via myhermes. Dont think compo covers electrical items
jpoolfitz11/05/2020 07:59

Would not send an xbox via myhermes. Dont think compo covers electrical …Would not send an xbox via myhermes. Dont think compo covers electrical items

I wouldn’t either twnews.co.uk/uk-…eek
This was on Joelycett the other week, would try and avoid Hermes as much as possible!!! I’d let the winner know and they will have to be an increase is p&p :(, if thats not to your liking then repost. it’s not your fault.
You should have stated UK mainland bidders only,It’s not the buyers fault they live on the Isle of Man.I don’t agree with everyone saying cancel because the price is too low either,you should of set a reserve price on the auction or put it for “buy it now”
trumps_hair11/05/2020 09:37

You should have stated UK mainland bidders only,It’s not the buyers fault t …You should have stated UK mainland bidders only,It’s not the buyers fault they live on the Isle of Man.I don’t agree with everyone saying cancel because the price is too low either,you should of set a reserve price on the auction or put it for “buy it now”

Shouldn’t cancel due to the price, but could happily cancel due to location if you wanted to. Same would be if they wanted it sent to Germany or somewhere.
anthonyjames9011/05/2020 10:26

Shouldn’t cancel due to the price, but could happily cancel due to l …Shouldn’t cancel due to the price, but could happily cancel due to location if you wanted to. Same would be if they wanted it sent to Germany or somewhere.

Read usual eBay listings,postal areas offered should be listed.
Postage is £11.95 and he paid you £12 so what is the problem (apart from the fact you probably expected to make a few quid on the postage) ? VAT won't come into it, maybe import duty but that's his problem not yours

It's your call if you want to cancel the deal but you have no legit reason to do so.If you do cancel, don't come moaning on here the next time you win an auction and they refuse to send the item....
Do not cancel the order, the mistake is yours as you have option to exclude highlands and islands when listing. If it costs you more take the hit and put it down to experience. PS. Don't be cheap and ask the buyer to pay extra for your mistake.
Azwipe11/05/2020 11:06

Do not cancel the order, the mistake is yours as you have option to …Do not cancel the order, the mistake is yours as you have option to exclude highlands and islands when listing. If it costs you more take the hit and put it down to experience. PS. Don't be cheap and ask the buyer to pay extra for your mistake.

trumps_hair11/05/2020 10:46

Read usual eBay listings,postal areas offered should be listed.

trumps_hair11/05/2020 09:37

You should have stated UK mainland bidders only,It’s not the buyers fault t …You should have stated UK mainland bidders only,It’s not the buyers fault they live on the Isle of Man.I don’t agree with everyone saying cancel because the price is too low either,you should of set a reserve price on the auction or put it for “buy it now”

40709606-VE9rM.jpgOn my listing it does say Post to: United Kingdom

I thought that would cover it as I did not select the International shipment option
The Isle of Man is not and never has been part of the UK.
montana7811/05/2020 11:44

[Image] On my listing it does say Post to: United KingdomI thought that …[Image] On my listing it does say Post to: United KingdomI thought that would cover it as I did not select the International shipment option

Assuming you listed on a £1 day, what does it matter ? You will still clear over £170 after Paypal. On a side note I always offer the international shipping (to countries in the GSP). You only post it to Derby I think it is and ebay do the rest. I've shipped stuff that might not have sold in the UK all over the place using that and....if it turns up damaged it's ebay's problem
montana7811/05/2020 11:44

[Image] On my listing it does say Post to: United KingdomI thought that …[Image] On my listing it does say Post to: United KingdomI thought that would cover it as I did not select the International shipment option

You thought wrong, did you not see the exclusions bit? For post the isle of man is treated as part of the UK, even though it is only a crown dependency, same as the channel islands.
AC-ZEP-GEN-DC11/05/2020 13:36

It is treated as part of the UK for post. It is a crown dependency like the channel islands. It's also part of the British islands.
Edited by: "Azwipe" 11th May
Azwipe11/05/2020 11:06

Do not cancel the order, the mistake is yours as you have option to …Do not cancel the order, the mistake is yours as you have option to exclude highlands and islands when listing. If it costs you more take the hit and put it down to experience. PS. Don't be cheap and ask the buyer to pay extra for your mistake.

Actually the seller is correct and has every right to either cancel the order or ask for the buyer to cover the extra postage.

He said he's only selling to the UK and that doesn't include Isle of Man.

If I were the buyer and the OP asked for the extra few quid to send off shore to me I'd be more than happy to oblige. Think that's the fairest solution.
AC-ZEP-GEN-DC11/05/2020 13:36

It is in postal teens my friend
hat_ok_dear11/05/2020 13:47

Actually the seller is correct and has every right to either cancel the …Actually the seller is correct and has every right to either cancel the order or ask for the buyer to cover the extra postage.He said he's only selling to the UK and that doesn't include Isle of Man.If I were the buyer and the OP asked for the extra few quid to send off shore to me I'd be more than happy to oblige. Think that's the fairest solution.

How much is the extra postage really going to be?A fiver maybe? Is it worth getting a negative over a fiver?
trumps_hair11/05/2020 13:59

How much is the extra postage really going to be?A fiver maybe? Is it …How much is the extra postage really going to be?A fiver maybe? Is it worth getting a negative over a fiver?

Why should the seller get a negative? Whilst I've actually sent out items that ended up costing me more to send than the auction was for I footed the bill because it was my mistake for not checking actual costs before listing. But the OP stated that's it's UK only didn't he.
Azwipe11/05/2020 13:39

You thought wrong, did you not see the exclusions bit? For post the isle …You thought wrong, did you not see the exclusions bit? For post the isle of man is treated as part of the UK, even though it is only a crown dependency, same as the channel islands.

I am new to this. Not an ebay veteran
Azwipe11/05/2020 13:39

You thought wrong, did you not see the exclusions bit? For post the isle …You thought wrong, did you not see the exclusions bit? For post the isle of man is treated as part of the UK, even though it is only a crown dependency, same as the channel islands.

So does this mean I do not need to add this form? And I can just send the parcel as normal like I do in the UK?40712046-pBltO.jpg40712046-Q7wqP.jpg
trumps_hair11/05/2020 13:54

It is in postal teens my friend

Well obviously it's not as postage cost is different.
hat_ok_dear11/05/2020 13:47

Actually the seller is correct and has every right to either cancel the …Actually the seller is correct and has every right to either cancel the order or ask for the buyer to cover the extra postage.He said he's only selling to the UK and that doesn't include Isle of Man.If I were the buyer and the OP asked for the extra few quid to send off shore to me I'd be more than happy to oblige. Think that's the fairest solution.

The postage is £11.95 and he charged £12 so there is no extra postage to cover
Edited by: "tallpete33" 11th May
tallpete3311/05/2020 16:22

The postage is £11.95 and he charged £12 so there is no extra postage to c …The postage is £11.95 and he charged £12 so there is no extra postage to cover

That's using Hermes though, that everyone advised against. Though I see that's via eBay so yeah probably best option as then eBay can deal with any issues.
hat_ok_dear11/05/2020 16:30

That's using Hermes though, that everyone advised against. Though I see …That's using Hermes though, that everyone advised against. Though I see that's via eBay so yeah probably best option as then eBay can deal with any issues.

So if I send via packlink hermes I am covered by eBay aswell?
Misslovely11/05/2020 02:22

You sold it cheap. Cex are paying £170 cash with the box and people are …You sold it cheap. Cex are paying £170 cash with the box and people are dying for them Pull out and choose the 4 options. You never know the parcel might get lost in this awful climate

I know you can't predict the future but at the time four months ago, I was chuffed to get £80 back for my boxed 500GB XBOX One from CEX. Whoops.
If the £11.95 quoted by Packlink includes insurance for the full value of the item, why not just use that?!

Just out of curiosity, how much would it have cost to post something that heavy, insured up to £180, within the actual UK?
Bossworld11/05/2020 17:02

I know you can't predict the future but at the time four months ago, I was …I know you can't predict the future but at the time four months ago, I was chuffed to get £80 back for my boxed 500GB XBOX One from CEX. Whoops.

I sold my ps4 pro to them for £170 4 months back, Now they play £289. Sold the original xbox one for £80 also just before lockdown. Also thinking of selling the kids ps4 slim Too much fortnite & COD Warzone. Wife gets annoyed and tells me off
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions