Someone has just hit my car

Posted 23rd Nov
Flashed them, got out as they turned around and still drove off! I have a picture but can’t clear it up enough to get the registration (i think i know it, but the photo would clear it up).

Does anyone have any software or anything they can recommend to clear up the image. Lighting is poor but there must be something that help?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Try Hollywood movies; they can always enhance pixel-deficient photographs beyond comprehension.

Seriously, though, report this to your local Police Station, providing a description of the other vehicle, including the image you have, & let them find a CCTV camera that recorded the same vehicle leaving the scene.
19 Comments
Try Hollywood movies; they can always enhance pixel-deficient photographs beyond comprehension.

Seriously, though, report this to your local Police Station, providing a description of the other vehicle, including the image you have, & let them find a CCTV camera that recorded the same vehicle leaving the scene.
Time, date, description of the vehicle. The fact they've drove away from the scene of an accident will be taken into account. Between the photo and what you know it will help the police. Was there much damage?
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 23rd Nov
Post the photo here.
fanpages23/11/2019 19:57

Try Hollywood movies; they can always enhance pixel-deficient photographs …Try Hollywood movies; they can always enhance pixel-deficient photographs beyond comprehension.Seriously, though, report this to your local Police Station, providing a description of the other vehicle, including the image you have, & let them find a CCTV camera that recorded the same vehicle leaving the scene.

Unfortunately previous cars have been broken into in the past at a previous address and even with CCTV they couldn’t do anything. Didn’t even come round to get finger prints (don’t blame them I know they are stretched).

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this car around though thats why I want the imaged cleared up to leave a note with my number to give her an opportunity to sort this before it’s reported.
terriclarkfan23/11/2019 20:06

Post the photo here.

I don’t want to post on a public forum just in case. If someone can help happy to send them the picture.
I recently struggled to read a number plate from my dash cam, I uploaded it to you tube then put a link on here, not sure who it was now but someone was able to enhance the video and tell me the reg number. Maybe upload pic on here and see if someone can help.
STRICKIBHOY23/11/2019 20:05

Time, date, description of the vehicle. The fact they've drove away from …Time, date, description of the vehicle. The fact they've drove away from the scene of an accident will be taken into account. Between the photo and what you know it will help the police. Was there much damage?

Doesn’t look too bad but won’t know for sure until the morning as it’s chucking down with rain and only light is my phone. Hoping it’s just as it looks now and any damage is minor.
akchpmn23/11/2019 20:06

Unfortunately previous cars have been broken into in the past at a …Unfortunately previous cars have been broken into in the past at a previous address and even with CCTV they couldn’t do anything. Didn’t even come round to get finger prints (don’t blame them I know they are stretched). I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this car around though thats why I want the imaged cleared up to leave a note with my number to give her an opportunity to sort this before it’s reported.

You have a better chance if you do go to a Police Station, of course.

Plus, this will help you if the other driver claims you left the scene.

Report the incident within 24 hours.

[ askthe.police.uk/con…htm ]
fanpages23/11/2019 20:12

You have a better chance if you do go to a Police Station, of course.Plus, …You have a better chance if you do go to a Police Station, of course.Plus, this will help you if the other driver claims you left the scene.Report the incident within 24 hours.[ https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q894.htm ]

Thanks I’ll reconsider this option.
deleted1471098
They left the scene for a reason, perhaps drunk or under influence of drugs, no tax or insurance. Report the reg you think it is to the police. Tell them the vehicle was driving erratically leading you to suspect this.
Does the number you think it is match the vehicle when using a vehicle check app/website

Post the reg if you want someone to check for you.

Below app is one example

39090273-y7HIJ.jpg
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 23rd Nov
I went back to the scene to see if there was any CCTV and a local shop had it. They let me look at the footage and unfortunately the camera position didn’t cover the incident.

My mind is now playing tricks on me and I’m struggling to remember the number plate! Why didn’t I write it down!!!

I took the dog for a walk as i thought I’d seen a similar parked in the direction she was heading off but tonight the car was not there! Sods law i guess this person will get away with it and I’m annoyed at myself for not taking further actions, like standing in the middle of road to stop them leaving or following the vehicle!

I will be reporting this to the police in the morning and thank you to everyone for their suggestions and guidance.

Annoyingly I used to believe in karma. I always thought you do something good, something good will come out of it. Well today we did the food shop, donated some food to the food bank and then this . I’ll not stop to donate though.
akchpmn23/11/2019 21:44

I went back to the scene to see if there was any CCTV and a local shop had …I went back to the scene to see if there was any CCTV and a local shop had it. They let me look at the footage and unfortunately the camera position didn’t cover the incident.My mind is now playing tricks on me and I’m struggling to remember the number plate! Why didn’t I write it down!!! I took the dog for a walk as i thought I’d seen a similar parked in the direction she was heading off but tonight the car was not there! Sods law i guess this person will get away with it and I’m annoyed at myself for not taking further actions, like standing in the middle of road to stop them leaving or following the vehicle!I will be reporting this to the police in the morning and thank you to everyone for their suggestions and guidance.Annoyingly I used to believe in karma. I always thought you do something good, something good will come out of it. Well today we did the food shop, donated some food to the food bank and then this . I’ll not stop to donate though.

Provide as much info as possible to your insurance company. Worst case scenario they will claim against the MIB.

Report it to the police & get a crime ref number

Are there any cameras in the area? If so, request cctv from your local council

Get a dash cam. I can not recommend that enough. At least a front facing one
akchpmn23/11/2019 20:10

I don’t want to post on a public forum just in case. If someone can help h …I don’t want to post on a public forum just in case. If someone can help happy to send them the picture.

Incase what? They know you use Hotukdeals Put your specs on.
Just wondering...
You often see number plates blurred out on TV shows.
Is it that easy for a member of the public to get the owners address from an online database or is it something that only law enforce types can access?
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell23/11/2019 23:29

Just wondering...You often see number plates blurred out on TV shows.Is it …Just wondering...You often see number plates blurred out on TV shows.Is it that easy for a member of the public to get the owners address from an online database or is it something that only law enforce types can access?

Pretty easy, it's just a form and you need a 'valid' reason.
gov.uk/req…vla
akchpmn23/11/2019 21:44

I went back to the scene to see if there was any CCTV and a local shop had …I went back to the scene to see if there was any CCTV and a local shop had it. They let me look at the footage and unfortunately the camera position didn’t cover the incident.My mind is now playing tricks on me and I’m struggling to remember the number plate! Why didn’t I write it down!!! I took the dog for a walk as i thought I’d seen a similar parked in the direction she was heading off but tonight the car was not there! Sods law i guess this person will get away with it and I’m annoyed at myself for not taking further actions, like standing in the middle of road to stop them leaving or following the vehicle!I will be reporting this to the police in the morning and thank you to everyone for their suggestions and guidance.Annoyingly I used to believe in karma. I always thought you do something good, something good will come out of it. Well today we did the food shop, donated some food to the food bank and then this . I’ll not stop to donate though.

Plot twist:

They were sat in their car outside your house waiting for you to go to sleep, but then saw you leave with your dog so could let themselves into your house before you returned. They probably even watched you type the reply above from the hiding place they'd found, ready to come out when you were asleep.

Next time just go to the Police station & stop playing at being Miss Marple.

There are some very strange people out there* & your safety is more important than confronting somebody about a dent in your car.

*Well, when they are not on this site.
I think you need to hire these guys:

39093056-BkXpQ.jpg
Are you looking at it on your phone? Try the laptop. I’m always amazed at how much clearer Yi images are on the laptop.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions