Groups

someone key'd my car..

Banned
    quite a long scratch on the driver side doors

just bought this: Meguiars Scratch X

but a friend of mine is saying it's not the right stuff? Should i have bought a blue-coloured type thing?

i have no idea what i should have bought, it just sounded like it'd do the trick and i want it sorting asap

20 Comments

T-cut?

yeah someone did this to me mums car...it was the jealous neighbor who cant afford a 2003 plate car...
    but she didnt manage to get hers out very well with even t cut...so any ideas would be appreciated here too

Original Poster Banned

apparently this stuff is a less aggressive version of T-Cut. I just hope it works well

Meguiars stuff is usually pretty good.

I normally use cutting compound all though you do need to be careful with it.

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail it probably means paintwork though:viking:

my (ex) oh's ex did my car repeatedly for months, I gave up in the end, needs a respray. Really pee's you off dont it.

I have had this done twice (on different cars), one right up the bonnet. I used the wax filler (like a lipstick), it was ok and lived with the result.

jtx;5034329

Meguiars stuff is usually pretty good.I normally use cutting compound all … Meguiars stuff is usually pretty good.I normally use cutting compound all though you do need to be careful with it.If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail it probably means paintwork though:viking:

dammit...can in parts on my mums car...

Original Poster Banned

there is apparently a bunch of kids in the area who have been ripping off wing mirrors and keying cars. They did it to mine (hence the thread) and a couple of others in the road approx 1am last week.

They're lucky i didn't see them or i probably wouldn't be online typing this right now, lets put it that way.

They just don't realize the cost of things. I don't get to drive that thing for free, i work for it!

Sorry to hear about your ex's, ex doing that to your car. I'd have gone mad

We had that with some kids one night when I lived up north (Notts) - kids came down one night and broke everyones wing mirrors and scratched cars, hope you sort it

Banned

why do kids do this nowadays??? I didn't even think to do that when I was a kid!

bykergrove;5034896

why do kids do this nowadays??? I didn't even think to do that when I was … why do kids do this nowadays??? I didn't even think to do that when I was a kid!

I KNOW! No bloody respect these days this is me talking and I'm still just over 20!

What they need is a ****ing strict prison sentence not the ****ing picnics prisons we have here in the UK.

Spend a week in a middle eastern prison, they will be rehabilitated in 5 mins.

Banned

rash;5035216

I KNOW! No bloody respect these days this is me talking and I'm still … I KNOW! No bloody respect these days this is me talking and I'm still just over 20! What they need is a ****ing strict prison sentence not the ****ing picnics prisons we have here in the UK.Spend a week in a middle eastern prison, they will be rehabilitated in 5 mins.

same here i'm 23. I was away most of last summer and when i got back i was like WTF?! so many chavs and wannabe gangsters about!

bykergrove;5035268

same here i'm 23. I was away most of last summer and when i got back i … same here i'm 23. I was away most of last summer and when i got back i was like WTF?! so many chavs and wannabe gangsters about!

Away? In da big house? lol

rash;5035216

I KNOW! No bloody respect these days this is me talking and I'm still … I KNOW! No bloody respect these days this is me talking and I'm still just over 20! What they need is a ****ing strict prison sentence not the ****ing picnics prisons we have here in the UK.Spend a week in a middle eastern prison, they will be rehabilitated in 5 mins.

Send them to a Thai prison.

Half of them nerver reoffend and a high percentage top themselves its like 8-10 to a cell.

What colour is the car? I've had quite a lot of surprising success with the coloured "nano" product from tcut on minor scratches (black car).

Banned

tessb;5035402

Away? In da big house? lol

loooooooooooool no! i was revising for my final exams, then went travelling, then went to new york for training with my new job! so i hadn't gone down to the local shopping mall for about 6months!

kjbenja;5035429

Send them to a Thai prison.Half of them nerver reoffend and a high … Send them to a Thai prison.Half of them nerver reoffend and a high percentage top themselves its like 8-10 to a cell.

+1

read "the damage done" if you want a lowdown on thai prisons, great book.

Original Poster Banned

it's a blue car.

yup, you guys are right. The prisons and light slap on the wrists here in the UK basically encourages bad behavior.

It's basically a free pass to go and do what you like.

gooddeals9;5036852

it's a blue car.yup, you guys are right. The prisons and light slap on … it's a blue car.yup, you guys are right. The prisons and light slap on the wrists here in the UK basically encourages bad behavior.It's basically a free pass to go and do what you like.

Whilst in the US with their strict prison system they don't have anywhere near as many people offending and reoffending? (1 in every 100 adults in the US are incarcerated!)

Anyway, not the point, this is the stuff I suggest:

http://www.redexpress.co.uk/cbimages/PRODUCT/PRODUCT_THUMB_XL/CSU150.jpg

If you can feel the scratch with your nail, normal scratch removal methods will only slightly lower the impact (and in my experience, do practically nothing). This includes sanding it down and megs scratchX etc. (scratchX is very low abrasion anyway). With that product, it at least helps to mask it by filling slightly with a colour, rather than making it more obvious with a white residue.

The only option is a full respray for one side of your car to make it look 100%.

kjbenja;5035429

Send them to a Thai prison.Half of them nerver reoffend and a high … Send them to a Thai prison.Half of them nerver reoffend and a high percentage top themselves its like 8-10 to a cell.

And they can learn to dance :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Kong Kon…68
      2. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released55
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047067
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407239

See more discussions