Groups

Someone please help me with my Acer Aspire 1?????

Hi, can someone please help me before i get shouted at.
    I was trying to do page 3 of this guide: reghardware.co.uk/200…ips
    Changing the menu's around. Anyway i think i must of deleted the wrong bit off one of them as now my main menu is just a grey screen with no options on, i should has all my programs and stuff on it but its all gone. Please someone help me!!

4 Comments

Original Poster

Is there anyway of going back to a previous date like you can on windows. I just need to go back 10 minutes till before i changed it. Argh, im gonna get shouted at i think. lol.

Have you got your USB recovery stick made?

You will need to boot the netbook through the USB stick and restore it to how it was.

Original Poster

Syzable;4243254

Have you got your USB recovery stick made?You will need to boot the … Have you got your USB recovery stick made?You will need to boot the netbook through the USB stick and restore it to how it was.

Nope i havent!! My boyfriend set it all up and never did this. Oh no.

Really all i need is someone to do the following on their acer aspire one:

Press Alt-F2, type in xterm to open the command line window,
    At the command line, type sudo mousepad /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml and hit Enter. This calls up the desktop's configuration file.

And then copy that whole page for me then i can just copy it off here and paste it into there i think.

Please someone help!!

Can you do a system restore?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1829
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions