Groups

Someone reversed into my sister's car - won't start now, any ideas? Still not running

As title, somebody reversed into my sister's car this morning then drove off. She tried to drive after them but the car cut out and now won't start.
    It just keeps ticking.
    Any ideas what it could be? It's a Ford KA
    TIA

16 Comments

Our old Punto used to have a fuel cutoff valve in the event of an accident. There was a button down the side of the passenger seat to reactivate it if the car was safe to drive, perhaps the Ka has something similar?

Original Poster

Problem sorted thank you both so much!

who cares its only a KA, ill buy her another 1.

Original Poster

black gerbil1

who cares its only a KA, ill buy her another 1.

Go for it, I'll send you her address shortly

louiseb84

Go for it, I'll send you her address shortly

sure things ill give her the service she requires

Hope she got the number plate as what the other driver did was illegal. Leaving the scene of an accident.

Wow, must have give it a decent whack. Im guessing it was a woman who reversed into her

CyDoNiA

Hope she got the number plate as what the other driver did was illegal. … Hope she got the number plate as what the other driver did was illegal. Leaving the scene of an accident.

http://gallery.ksilebo.com/d/1261-2/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

jonny619447

Wow, must have give it a decent whack. Im guessing it was a woman who … Wow, must have give it a decent whack. Im guessing it was a woman who reversed into her

Or a bloke driving off after a night on the lash!!

Original Poster

It was a woman and my sister can't remember the plate either Only thing she knows is the car, colour and year. The only thing that may or may not help is the road she continued to travel down has CCTV.
    The woman stopped at a junction had her nose out to turn left changed her mind and reversed then turned right. Obviously didn't check her mirrors

louiseb84

It was a woman and my sister can't remember the plate either Only … It was a woman and my sister can't remember the plate either Only thing she knows is the car, colour and year. The only thing that may or may not help is the road she continued to travel down has CCTV.The woman stopped at a junction had her nose out to turn left changed her mind and reversed then turned right. Obviously didn't check her mirrors

jonny619447

Wow, must have give it a decent whack. Im guessing it was a woman who … Wow, must have give it a decent whack. Im guessing it was a woman who reversed into her

See told ya jelli

Women + reverse = Crash

Its an exact science

jonny619447

See told ya jelli ;)Women + reverse = CrashIts an exact science

http://serve.mysmiley.net/sad/sad0071.gif

Original Poster

Ok so I've been told they actually pushed it & jumped it to start it but once switched off, it won't start again. The button has been pressed since and it's not that.
    When you turn it over it just clicks quite loud.
    Any other ideas as to what it could be as a direct result of the accident?
    The hit wasn't really hard, from what i can see, but the drivers side of the bumper is broken completely.
    Thank you for any replies

Banned

Alternator or battery damage.

CyDoNiA

Hope she got the number plate as what the other driver did was illegal. … Hope she got the number plate as what the other driver did was illegal. Leaving the scene of an accident.

jonny619447

Fixed for you

Original Poster

dimebars

Alternator or battery damage.

Thank you, I will pass that on - but would that be as a result of a small/low speed crash?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions