Someone sent an email to all my contacts, HOW?

I've just seen that my email address has been used to send an email to all my contacts, how the hell did that happen??? This was the message:
Good shopping for you!
i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.
Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.
They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of
good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!
It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!
The web address: bj-trade.com

15 Comments

Banned

your comp has a virus, was this hotmail

i get these all the time from a mateof mine. i think it works when you open up a dodgy email and it then goes to all your contacts and send the same email out so as to make it seem ok because its from you!

Original Poster

sassie;4738896

your comp has a virus, was this hotmail

yes hotmail, how a virus?

Banned

owens101;4738931

yes hotmail, how a virus?

i had one on mine, sent emails to all my contacts, you done a scan

Original Poster

I use avg, its scanning now

Banned

ide also do malware

Original Poster

not heard of that, is it free?

Banned

had exact same email from mate of mine and he was away working in China recently, deffo hotmail issue.

Banned

ys its called malwarebytes i think

Original Poster

bulkomuff;4739043

had exact same email from mate of mine and he was away working in China … had exact same email from mate of mine and he was away working in China recently, deffo hotmail issue.

how strange, haven't clickd the link. Is it a virus or just some dodgey sales site?

This happened to me to - when i signed on hotmail something near the top near messenger and options said 'vacation on'. I clicked on it and there was an automatic message from some electrical co trying to flog stuff that went to all my contacts. Nothing has been sent since i switched it off.

Have a look to see if yours says the same

Original Poster

WEASLE666;4739684

This happened to me to - when i signed on hotmail something near the top … This happened to me to - when i signed on hotmail something near the top near messenger and options said 'vacation on'. I clicked on it and there was an automatic message from some electrical co trying to flog stuff that went to all my contacts. Nothing has been sent since i switched it off. Have a look to see if yours says the same

Can't see that anywhere?

Do you send/recieve email from your Phone?

Original Poster

snowtiger;4741457

Do you send/recieve email from your Phone?

no I don't.

have run lots of scans and found no virus or malware

Its in your e-mails - look at your vacation reply, look at opions then more options, manage your account - vacation reply - check if you have a reply set, if so check box dont send any vacation reply then save it. if it comes back then some thing is in your e-mails. what i did was delete all messages then reset vacation reply and it stopped appearing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763957
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions