Groups

someone slashed my tyres.

I awoke to 8 slashed car tyres this morning, some sort of blunt knife which has cut jaggy lines in the side walls of each tyre on my cars, one car had my boys wheelchair in and disability badges clearly displayed didnt even prevent them from having some moral thoughts before doing this.

Im looking at a Bill of around £800 to replace every tyre or a claim on the insurances..

The police said without any evidence they couldnt do anything, I have no idea who would do this or why, we keep ourselves to ourselves, but we feel we must of been targeted as we live in a close, no one else's cars were touched, and it happened at between 3am and 6.30am

Luckily the one of the neighbours has a CCTV camera that covers the bottom of the street as someone was throwing weedkiller on his lawn a while back, he had to go to work this morning, but said he will review it tonight, so I am hoping he has something, I can pass on to the police.

Anyone know of a CCTV camera system thats good enough to pick out a face only one to cover front of my property and the cars? never had one before or considered it.

122 Comments

Original Poster

cossy3

I'd get one of these … I'd get one of these also...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Operation-150mm-200mm-Rigid-Plastic/dp/B002DFZ2V2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486394783&sr=8-2&keywords=cctv+sign

thanks I will order one of these and a dummy camera until i sort a proper camera out.

Even if you could identify the person pursing them would be difficult as they usually have no job or money.

i dont but good luck with this. It is just so callous.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/28/282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg

Original Poster

DarkEnergy2012

I am fuming well was this morning, I was putting kids in car for school when I noticed it, I thought ahh a flat ill use other car then that had a flat, all of them were flat and when i tried using the compressor to pump the tyres, the slits were clearly visible. so I walked kids to school and called police. but I was so angry.

What scum of the earth would do that!!

I hope Karma takes care of them in the worst possible way!

Do some research on cameras hikvision ip cameras are good, but at night cctv quality is a nightmare to get good results without good infrared illumination you will probably be better with a dedicated black and white camera for the dark hours.

Clear out your garage.

obvious not random so it might be over something petty like parking outside their house or partially blocking a driveway.

I would locate the nearest unemployed person who wears a tracksuit & waterboard them until they confess X)

Original Poster

airfix

Clear out your garage.

I do not have a garage, only a driveway.

Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt will cover his face, making CCTV an expensive waste of time.

What a crappy thing to happen OP?

If its just your cars that have been affected I would suggest someone has an issue with you, or its mistaken identity or just bog standard low life jealousy.

Never understood that, If I spot a great car that would look better on my driveway, I think I should do better at life, not whip a knife out.

Original Poster

deeky

Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt … Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt will cover his face, making CCTV an expensive waste of time.

Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked off the street and walked in, I am not expecting anything from my neighbours camera either.

haritori

I do not have a garage, only a driveway.

Have you got gates?

Barstewards and cowards.

haritori

Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked … Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked off the street and walked in, I am not expecting anything from my neighbours camera either.

Yeah, it's obviously targetted like you said, not some careless opportunist walking by.

Original Poster

airfix

Have you got gates?

No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its weird the street light stopped working about three days ago so its been pitch black out the front too, and this happens.

We have a light that comes on but thats not really useful as cats are always setting it off .
    Edited by: "haritori" 6th Feb

Dished out any road rage lately?.

deeky

Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt … Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt will cover his face, making CCTV an expensive waste of time.

Are any vandals or burglars worth their salt anyway?

Come on, we're all thinking you've slept with a women in the close & her husbands got wind of it. X)

where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent price ??

Original Poster

OldEnglish

Come on, we're all thinking you've slept with a women in the close & her … Come on, we're all thinking you've slept with a women in the close & her husbands got wind of it. X);)

LOL, Everyone on my street are in their 70's..

Banned

That is bad and it is even worse to a disabled child that most of been a pain this morning. Hope it gets sorted

CoeK

Are any vandals or burglars worth their salt anyway?

Or even decent?

You get my drift

haritori

Yuck, how could you do that then?

haritori

I had you down as younger than me. Perhaps you should take some of the crap I get? X)

haritori

Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked … Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked off the street and walked in, I am not expecting anything from my neighbours camera either.

​the swan system that was on here a few months ago has a audible alarm, you can set segments of the screen to trigger recording and the alarm so even if they covered their face it would alert you they were there.

Original Poster

roba1st

where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent … where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent price ??

Not gonna put my address on here

deeky

Or even decent? You get my drift

Just being contrary.

Any well motivated decent vandal would know how to make thermite really...

Original Poster

deeky

I had you down as younger than me. Perhaps you should take some of the … I had you down as younger than me. Perhaps you should take some of the crap I get? X)

LOL, everyone except me and mine

not address ! area ?

Original Poster

roba1st

not address ! area ?

Pembrokeshire, but i have a freind I worked for a while back when I did SEO and he runs a CCTV company but i know he will put the hard sale on lol, so was thinking of just picking up some china cam if any are worth while, but sounds pointless anyway.

haritori

No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its … No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its weird the street light stopped working about three days ago so its been pitch black out the front too, and this happens.We have a light that comes on but thats not really useful as cats are always setting it off .

​like you my brother had no gates at the back and stuff would get nicked like kids bikes n once someone cut the gas thing at night so now he's got a spotlight and cameras which are connected to the computer and his mobile

cheap and cheerful cctv system will be from ebay a floureon 2000 tvl system provides quite good results for about £150 or less

shadey12

​the swan system that was on here a few months ago has a audible alarm, y … ​the swan system that was on here a few months ago has a audible alarm, you can set segments of the screen to trigger recording and the alarm so even if they covered their face it would alert you they were there.

Yeah, imo that's the only feature that would be any good. Unless any footage shows their face 100% clearly, and there is no doubt who it is, the police won't even entertain it.

haritori

No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its … No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its weird the street light stopped working about three days ago so its been pitch black out the front too, and this happens.We have a light that comes on but thats not really useful as cats are always setting it off .

Is fencing and gates too much investment? I think sounds like a neighbour to me, and it will happen again from experience. The chap opposite us bought a brand new range rover, first night it was scratched, next time it was scratched on all panels/doors. I know it was the woman next door to him, they were friends then he got a new woman.

roba1st

where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent … where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent price ??

Been thinking of this myself
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…VFR

dylan1973

Do some research on cameras hikvision ip cameras are good, but at night … Do some research on cameras hikvision ip cameras are good, but at night cctv quality is a nightmare to get good results without good infrared illumination you will probably be better with a dedicated black and white camera for the dark hours.

The hikvision ip turret cameras are good at night I believe

Original Poster

airfix

Is fencing and gates too much investment? I think sounds like a neighbour … Is fencing and gates too much investment? I think sounds like a neighbour to me, and it will happen again from experience. The chap opposite us bought a brand new range rover, first night it was scratched, next time it was scratched on all panels/doors. I know it was the woman next door to him, they were friends then he got a new woman.

It would be pretty expensive to fence and gate the front, here is a photo i took at halloween of the front. the house continues to the left but goes back a bit, so there is double the drive way you can see.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/605/22635315512_5c31fa6f43_b.jpg
    Edited by: "haritori" 6th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions