Expired

someone slashed my tyres.

Found 6th Feb 2017
I awoke to 8 slashed car tyres this morning, some sort of blunt knife which has cut jaggy lines in the side walls of each tyre on my cars, one car had my boys wheelchair in and disability badges clearly displayed didnt even prevent them from having some moral thoughts before doing this.

Im looking at a Bill of around £800 to replace every tyre or a claim on the insurances..

The police said without any evidence they couldnt do anything, I have no idea who would do this or why, we keep ourselves to ourselves, but we feel we must of been targeted as we live in a close, no one else's cars were touched, and it happened at between 3am and 6.30am

Luckily the one of the neighbours has a CCTV camera that covers the bottom of the street as someone was throwing weedkiller on his lawn a while back, he had to go to work this morning, but said he will review it tonight, so I am hoping he has something, I can pass on to the police.

Anyone know of a CCTV camera system thats good enough to pick out a face only one to cover front of my property and the cars? never had one before or considered it.
Community Updates
MiscTyres
93 Comments
Even if you could identify the person pursing them would be difficult as they usually have no job or money.
i dont but good luck with this. It is just so callous.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/28/282b93ffbdd027a05291d016e14bc0712b2f9ab2c33a60fb560a528b03913b0e.jpg
What scum of the earth would do that!!

I hope Karma takes care of them in the worst possible way!
Do some research on cameras hikvision ip cameras are good, but at night cctv quality is a nightmare to get good results without good infrared illumination you will probably be better with a dedicated black and white camera for the dark hours.
Clear out your garage.
obvious not random so it might be over something petty like parking outside their house or partially blocking a driveway.

I would locate the nearest unemployed person who wears a tracksuit & waterboard them until they confess X)
Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt will cover his face, making CCTV an expensive waste of time.
What a crappy thing to happen OP?

If its just your cars that have been affected I would suggest someone has an issue with you, or its mistaken identity or just bog standard low life jealousy.

Never understood that, If I spot a great car that would look better on my driveway, I think I should do better at life, not whip a knife out.

deleted57959

I do not have a garage, only a driveway.

Have you got gates?
Barstewards and cowards.
deleted57959

Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked … Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked off the street and walked in, I am not expecting anything from my neighbours camera either.

Yeah, it's obviously targetted like you said, not some careless opportunist walking by.
Dished out any road rage lately?.
deeky

Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt … Just a personal opinion, but any decent vandal or burglar worth his salt will cover his face, making CCTV an expensive waste of time.

Are any vandals or burglars worth their salt anyway?
Come on, we're all thinking you've slept with a women in the close & her husbands got wind of it. X)

where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent price ??
Banned
That is bad and it is even worse to a disabled child that most of been a pain this morning. Hope it gets sorted
CoeK

Are any vandals or burglars worth their salt anyway?

Or even decent?

You get my drift
deleted57959

LOL, Everyone on my street are in their 70's..

Yuck, how could you do that then?
deleted57959

LOL, Everyone on my street are in their 70's..

I had you down as younger than me. Perhaps you should take some of the crap I get? X)
deleted57959

Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked … Yeah I did think that Deeky, I even think whoever did this will of parked off the street and walked in, I am not expecting anything from my neighbours camera either.

​the swan system that was on here a few months ago has a audible alarm, you can set segments of the screen to trigger recording and the alarm so even if they covered their face it would alert you they were there.
deeky

Or even decent? You get my drift

Just being contrary.

Any well motivated decent vandal would know how to make thermite really...
not address ! area ?
deleted57959

No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its … No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its weird the street light stopped working about three days ago so its been pitch black out the front too, and this happens.We have a light that comes on but thats not really useful as cats are always setting it off .

​like you my brother had no gates at the back and stuff would get nicked like kids bikes n once someone cut the gas thing at night so now he's got a spotlight and cameras which are connected to the computer and his mobile
cheap and cheerful cctv system will be from ebay a floureon 2000 tvl system provides quite good results for about £150 or less
shadey12

​the swan system that was on here a few months ago has a audible alarm, y … ​the swan system that was on here a few months ago has a audible alarm, you can set segments of the screen to trigger recording and the alarm so even if they covered their face it would alert you they were there.

Yeah, imo that's the only feature that would be any good. Unless any footage shows their face 100% clearly, and there is no doubt who it is, the police won't even entertain it.
deleted57959

No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its … No gates or fencing at the front, the house is open at the front, its weird the street light stopped working about three days ago so its been pitch black out the front too, and this happens.We have a light that comes on but thats not really useful as cats are always setting it off .

Is fencing and gates too much investment? I think sounds like a neighbour to me, and it will happen again from experience. The chap opposite us bought a brand new range rover, first night it was scratched, next time it was scratched on all panels/doors. I know it was the woman next door to him, they were friends then he got a new woman.
roba1st

where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent … where do you live ? as maybe someone on here can fit you cctv at a decent price ??

Been thinking of this myself
amazon.co.uk/dp/…VFR
dylan1973

Do some research on cameras hikvision ip cameras are good, but at night … Do some research on cameras hikvision ip cameras are good, but at night cctv quality is a nightmare to get good results without good infrared illumination you will probably be better with a dedicated black and white camera for the dark hours.

The hikvision ip turret cameras are good at night I believe
deeky

Yeah, imo that's the only feature that would be any good. Unless any … Yeah, imo that's the only feature that would be any good. Unless any footage shows their face 100% clearly, and there is no doubt who it is, the police won't even entertain it.

CCTV still makes even the professional criminals think twice though. They can cover their face, but you can see exactly what they're wearing. So if for example someone slashes your tyres, if you notify the police within say 1 hour telling them (thanks to the CCTV) what they're wearing, the police can patrol the immediate area to see if they see anyone matching that on the cctv.

J4GG4

CCTV still makes even the professional criminals think twice though. They … CCTV still makes even the professional criminals think twice though. They can cover their face, but you can see exactly what they're wearing. So if for example someone slashes your tyres, if you notify the police within say 1 hour telling them (thanks to the CCTV) what they're wearing, the police can patrol the immediate area to see if they see anyone matching that on the cctv.

Agreed, I'd feel better, that I can possibly do the find them and kill them roitine.....

Anyway from a previous post.....

Read this thread hotukdeals.com/tag…315

Sorry to hear about the mindless act.....
J4GG4

CCTV still makes even the professional criminals think twice though. They … CCTV still makes even the professional criminals think twice though. They can cover their face, but you can see exactly what they're wearing. So if for example someone slashes your tyres, if you notify the police within say 1 hour telling them (thanks to the CCTV) what they're wearing, the police can patrol the immediate area to see if they see anyone matching that on the cctv.

Certainly if you can afford it, it doesn't do any harm to have it. I'd just like to know what percentage of convictions for these type of offences are down solely to CCTV.
deleted57959

It would be pretty expensive to fence and gate the front, here is a photo … It would be pretty expensive to fence and gate the front, here is a photo i took at halloween of the front. the house continues to the left but goes back a bit, so there is double the drive way you can see.

​there is a cheap option, I had one a few years ago, basically a cordless pir outside and a doorbell/alarm inside, I had it on drive gates pointing into property, I will put a link for a similar one, I think eBay and amazon do them,

buysend.com/Pro…HAQ
shadey12

​there is a cheap option, I had one a few years ago, basically a cordless … ​there is a cheap option, I had one a few years ago, basically a cordless pir outside and a doorbell/alarm inside, I had it on drive gates pointing into property, I will put a link for a similar one, I think eBay and amazon do them, https://www.buysend.com/Product/Details/129262?U=wireless-pir-motion-sensor-driveway-garage-security-intruder-alert-alarm-system/&gclid=Cj0KEQiA2uDEBRDxurOO77Cp-7kBEiQAOUgKVyfOPCIY25vHXE3G1s96OXdaYs5FxcgdEG10FKieVlsaAtEp8P8HAQ

No offence shadey, but they are crap. Had one in my shed. Lasted about 2 days before it found its way into the bin. You know the old adage...
deeky

No offence shadey, but they are crap. Had one in my shed. Lasted about 2 … No offence shadey, but they are crap. Had one in my shed. Lasted about 2 days before it found its way into the bin. You know the old adage...

​i wasn't recommending that particular one, the one I had was from netto when it first opened, had it outside for a good few years, never had any criminal elements but knew when the postman/ parcel delivery was coming down the drive. could also take the doorbell bit onto patio and know if someone came to front.
Alarm mine,fishing wire tied to one side of your drive and to a blank shot gun she'll device called alarm mine or poachers tray.Put a little sign up .Big bang,but you will have to unhook it and set it every time you use the area.
deeky

Certainly if you can afford it, it doesn't do any harm to have it. I'd … Certainly if you can afford it, it doesn't do any harm to have it. I'd just like to know what percentage of convictions for these type of offences are down solely to CCTV.

I started off with £30 cctv (CIP2 friedland), i used to leave a desktop pc on and it was on constant record. Definitely a good started cctv for that kind of price. Although, in the long run you'll want to upgrade to a £200 set up.
Banned
poor you. now you will have sleepless nights. but someone is targeting you!
for the meaning get some cctv stickers from Amazon

i would recommend cctv as soon as possible. if you have no neighbour disputes and live in a quite street then that does mean someone is getting revenge/hates you.
do you park in someones else's car space ?
Banned
i am saddened & disgusted to read this haritori.

I hope (& in all probability it is ) that it is some random mindless dumbass kids & its a one off.

Try not to get too paranoid about people with grudges etc. Unless it happens again of course.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants