Someone used our bin

Found 22nd Jun
What are the rules on someone using your bin? Our bin is always full even without someone topping it up with a massive bin bag full! I looked through the rubbish and found an address but it was 14 miles away otherwise we would have returned their rubbish! (we have done this before when it was a local address)
Community Updates
AskBinHome Accessories
Top comments
If you dump the bag then the local authority will look for ownership, they will find the address and send them a nice fine for fly tipping
I think you've only two options.
1. Hide in your own bin overnight and hope to catch them next time.
2. Go to the address and hide in their bin and confront them when they open it up.

Take sandwiches just in case you have to wait a few days in either location
deleted1411882
Put super glue on the handle, you will see who's doing it the next day!
34099843-3GqbK.jpg
Sorted
23 Comments
you can report to local council for ?fly tipping
@mattsk our council only cares about fly tipping on public land, if it’s on private land we have to clear it ourselves
If you dump the bag then the local authority will look for ownership, they will find the address and send them a nice fine for fly tipping
34099843-3GqbK.jpg
Sorted
tallpete3320 m ago

[Image] Sorted

Remember to unlock it on collection day.

Or take the bin inside during the other 6 days a week.

If it's not a major issue, then don't worry over it. If your bin men are refusing to take the bin because the lid can't close. That's when it's something to worry over.
deleted1411882
Put super glue on the handle, you will see who's doing it the next day!
Was it just household waste in the bag or trade waste from a builder or whatever?
@jaketheplumber it was household waste
Either way I would phone the council and give them the address you found, see what they say.
tallpete332 h, 46 m ago

[Image] Sorted

Just remember to unlock it on collection day.
What address was it? Nearby? Return it to sender!
jaketheplumber1 h, 26 m ago

Either way I would phone the council and give them the address you found, …Either way I would phone the council and give them the address you found, see what they say.

They wont do bugger all about it.

However park outside someones House for more than 10 nano seconds, and they report it to the Council as being Abandoned then the Council will probably be around there like a Shot with a 24 Hour Removal Notice because potentially they can earn Money from that if it gets lifted and Stored in a Car Pound.
I think you've only two options.
1. Hide in your own bin overnight and hope to catch them next time.
2. Go to the address and hide in their bin and confront them when they open it up.

Take sandwiches just in case you have to wait a few days in either location
This thread is rubbish
Could very well be someone who’s moved in near you. Doesn’t know which bin is theirs and they were clearing out old mail!
Keep an eye on it and take it further if it keeps happening.
Install a CCTV camera and catch them in the act
Go tip it over there fence
Personally I wouldn't care if it was 14 miles away, I'd drive it over there and dump it on their doorstep.
@Oneday77 no one has moved in on our road and our bins are outside our garage so clearly belong to us. Yes but maybe someone moved in locally and their bin was full?
@TeeDizzle 14 miles away! We have returned rubbish before when the dumper included their new and old address on a piece of paper in the bin bag! Idiots!
BargainLovingMum23rd Jun

@Oneday77 no one has moved in on our road and our bins are outside our …@Oneday77 no one has moved in on our road and our bins are outside our garage so clearly belong to us. Yes but maybe someone moved in locally and their bin was full?

Put a dummy CCTV camera on the garage. Then put a sign in your bin stating address it is for and no fly tipping. Might be enough to put them off.
BargainLovingMum23rd Jun

@TeeDizzle 14 miles away! We have returned rubbish before when the dumper …@TeeDizzle 14 miles away! We have returned rubbish before when the dumper included their new and old address on a piece of paper in the bin bag! Idiots!

I'd probably take a trip to deliver it 🏻
should beat them up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants