Someone’s Car alarm goes off middle of the night what do you do?

Found 28th Jul
Always the same person but not every night. 101 never answer. Twitter never answer. It’s happening now and I can’t sleep. So what other options?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Throw a brick to that car
Edited by: "Mihir95" 28th Jul
27 Comments
Throw a brick to that car
Edited by: "Mihir95" 28th Jul
Find out who's car it is (could ask around) then you can politely ask the owner to put a stop to it
Get some earplugs?
Assuming you can identify the car: inform your local council EP Dept. Chuck your council name at end of lmgtfy.com/?q=…on"
jco834 h, 58 m ago

Find out who's car it is (could ask around) then you can politely ask the …Find out who's car it is (could ask around) then you can politely ask the owner to put a stop to it

Only people around are the ones who it’s disturbing and they have no clue. There’s a massive tall flat amongst other houses and flatsso guy could be anywhere
Edited by: "MR1123" 28th Jul
Deluxe14 h, 20 m ago

Get some earplugs?

I have them, ear plus would not work with loud sounds like these
AndyRoyd2 h, 42 m ago

Assuming you can identify the car: inform your local council EP Dept. …Assuming you can identify the car: inform your local council EP Dept. Chuck your council name at end of http://lmgtfy.com/?q="noise"+"Environmental+Protection"

That is a good option I forgot about them and they operate Thursday to Sunday night which would be perfect.

the car alarm turns off for roughly 10-15 mins and took the opportunity to sleep because once I’m sleep it can be very hard to wake me up and it worked.

seriously though when are car manufacturers going to put an alarm on the owners key.
@MR1123

"...Twitter never answer... So what other options?"

Perhaps your social network sleeps somewhere away from the vehicle. Suggestion: Connect with more people, preferably those in different time zones to your own.

Seriously, does the alarm reset after 20 minutes, or is the audio output constant/continuous?
What's the problem with an alarm that goes off? Surely it's only an issue when the alarm comes on.
fanpages23 m ago

@MR1123 "...Twitter never answer... So what other options?"Perhaps your …@MR1123 "...Twitter never answer... So what other options?"Perhaps your social network sleeps somewhere away from the vehicle. Suggestion: Connect with more people, preferably those in different time zones to your own.Seriously, does the alarm reset after 20 minutes, or is the audio output constant/continuous?

Police have Twitter account to which you can report to.

yes it seems it it resets probably happens only after a couple hours of constant sounds.
craigstephens6 m ago

What's the problem with an alarm that goes off? Surely it's only an issue …What's the problem with an alarm that goes off? Surely it's only an issue when the alarm comes on.

Car alarms are always on, when it goes off that’s when it makes the sounds otherwise of it was off it wouldn’t make any sounds when broken into etc
Get in touch with the local councillor or your MP, they'll get someone to sort it out.
How about a really polite note left on the vehicle in question? They might not be the type who laugh, screw it up and throw it on the floor (probably are though) and might just address the issue? Got to be worth a try.

Does the car ever move? Sit and watch to see who gets in/drives off? Who knows, they may be unaware of the nuisance they are causing and be very apologetic and get the problem addressed.

Good luck, OP. I have my own "neighbour" dispute to work out. They have badly damaged my car a couple of days ago and STILL haven't been round to tell me/apologise! Neighbours, eh?

Regards, Phsy.
Politely go outside, pick up a brick or heavy object and smash all the windows then use a sharp object to deflate the tyres and if your feeling it maybe pour liquid in to the cabin once the windows are smashed, or could maybe just go and ask the owner to sort the issue out
Have you checkef off the car is taxed and Mot'd and insured? You might be lucky and its not.
As the alarm is going off it would be a shame not to give it a reason to go off, wouldn't it?

You could smash a window, pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery, though if the alarm has an auxiliary battery you would still have an hours noise until it is flat.
Edited by: "mrty" 28th Jul
MR11232 h, 2 m ago

Car alarms are always on, when it goes off that’s when it makes the sounds …Car alarms are always on, when it goes off that’s when it makes the sounds otherwise of it was off it wouldn’t make any sounds when broken into etc

Thank you for clearing that up.
Don’t think there is much can be done our local power always trips setting off the house alarms and always one who’s away and you have to sleep threw it!
Edited by: "ASongOfFireAndIce" 28th Jul
fanpages5 h, 8 m ago

@MR1123 "...Twitter never answer... So what other options?"Perhaps your …@MR1123 "...Twitter never answer... So what other options?"Perhaps your social network sleeps somewhere away from the vehicle. Suggestion: Connect with more people, preferably those in different time zones to your own.Seriously, does the alarm reset after 20 minutes, or is the audio output constant/continuous?

MR11234 h, 44 m ago

Police have Twitter account to which you can report to.yes it seems it it …Police have Twitter account to which you can report to.yes it seems it it resets probably happens only after a couple hours of constant sounds.

I'll try my question again, split into two for your comprehension, & hopefully your revised response that will a clue as to what action you can take...

Does the alarm reset after 20 minutes?

If not, is the audio output constant/continuous?
Dont waste the police service valuable time, it's not their job to stop car alarms.
askthe.police.uk/con…htm

Q277: My neighbour's car alarm is always going off, what can I do?

If the car alarm is a false activation and not someone attempting to steal/break into the vehicle then first it would be advisable to speak to your neighbour about the problem as they may not be aware what is happening. If the problem persists then you should contact the Environmental Protection department at your local council who have powers to deal with nuisance car alarms.
Edited by: "fearona" 28th Jul
fanpages2 h, 25 m ago

I'll try my question again, split into two for your comprehension, & …I'll try my question again, split into two for your comprehension, & hopefully your revised response that will a clue as to what action you can take...Does the alarm reset after 20 minutes?If not, is the audio output constant/continuous?

I don’t know and I don’t want to be targeted for wrong information so I will say what I hear and you can be the judge. The alarm started going off since 10:30-11pm last night constantly. The sounds of car horning was heard and some other noises which is obvious it’s a car alarm set off and only last hour or two before this post was created I noticed it stops for around 15mins before carrying on again. Hope this clears it up for you and if it doesn’t let’s move on lol
MR11238 m ago

I don’t know and I don’t want to be targeted for wrong information so I wil …I don’t know and I don’t want to be targeted for wrong information so I will say what I hear and you can be the judge. The alarm started going off since 10:30-11pm last night constantly. The sounds of car horning was heard and some other noises which is obvious it’s a car alarm set off and only last hour or two before this post was created I noticed it stops for around 15mins before carrying on again. Hope this clears it up for you and if it doesn’t let’s move on lol

It's the 20 minute threshold that is the determining factor for noise pollution & what the council can, & cannot, do without a warrant:

[ gov.uk/gui…nts ]
Sledge hammers are cheap !!!!
Pick a different car to break into!
Same thing happened to me.
5am every morning.
Left a note on the car saying that if they didn't fix it, I'd do their tyres.
Alarm stopped a couple of days later.
chimp14uk9 h, 30 m ago

Same thing happened to me. 5am every morning.Left a note on the car saying …Same thing happened to me. 5am every morning.Left a note on the car saying that if they didn't fix it, I'd do their tyres.Alarm stopped a couple of days later.

Chavtastic
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants