Groups

Somerfields

I go for my induction tomorrow, does anyone know how long I have to be there before I get a discount card? some places its 12 weeks! forgot to ask when I went to the interveiw!

15 Comments

have you defo got the job? I personally wouldnt ask before I was certain I was employed (signed the contract) as it would seem you only want to work there for the 'discount' :?

why not ask at the induction tomorrow?

I had to work at Sainsburys for about 4 months before I got mine.
    If you're classed as an xmas worker you probably wont get one at all

Original Poster

lil_tiger;6726037

have you defo got the job? I personally wouldnt ask before I was certain … have you defo got the job? I personally wouldnt ask before I was certain I was employed (signed the contract) as it would seem you only want to work there for the 'discount' :?

Definatly got the job, and it's permenant:) not just for xmas like my Matalan one! It's not really what you want to ask on the interveiw is it! LOL but what other perks are there. LOL

Original Poster

boothy;6726046

why not ask at the induction tomorrow?

Will do, Just wondered if anyone knew!:)

they gave me one after the induction but had it back again after 3 days (I resigned)

congrats on ur new job

used to work for somerfield . ul get the card straight away

oh and good luck with your new job your about to be a co-op though?

Original Poster

The Fox;6726581

they gave me one after the induction but had it back again after 3 days … they gave me one after the induction but had it back again after 3 days (I resigned)

Oh, That good woz it!

Original Poster

magicbeans;6726589

congrats on ur new job

Thanks for that, I got one at Matalan, at the end of September for xmas, unless they decide to keep me on, then another at somerfields, Permanant. :-D Fit's in with the Matalan job as well so even if Matalan don't keep me on I still have a job after Crimbo:-D

Original Poster

AJD851;6726676

used to work for somerfield . ul get the card straight away

AJD851;6726691

oh and good luck with your new job your about to be a co-op though?

Thanks should get on ok have worked at asda's a couple of years ago. Good to get the discount card straight away, Tried the co-op.They didn't want me:! So I got in through Somerfields! joke isn't it! I did hear that through the grape vine.

Banned

Worked at Tesco took me a year

Original Poster

lumoruk;6726816

Worked at Tesco took me a year

Tesco's make you wait a long time,! Asda's was 12 weeks:)

Banned

adp;6726809

Thanks should get on ok have worked at asda's a couple of years ago. Good … Thanks should get on ok have worked at asda's a couple of years ago. Good to get the discount card straight away, Tried the co-op.They didn't want me:! So I got in through Somerfields! joke isn't it! I did hear that through the grape vine.

yeah - co-op have taken over somerfields

best hope there isnt a co-op near you then as they mainly bought somerfields to close them down and sell off the retail spaces

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions