Something living in the Walls or floorboards.

Found 18th Aug 2011
Hi for the past 2 nights and in the morning I keep hearing a noise like something is scuttling about upstairs. Above my front room is my sons rooms and it sounds like there must be something under his floorboards or maybe in the Walls as the sounds is very clear in the front room. I was thinking it could be rats as I saw some out the back ages ago. It's creeping me out now haha I was just wondering if anyone has had anything like this and how they got rid of them, obviously I won't be trying it I will ring someone to come out, Im just curious how they get them out if they are in the Walls.
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
I imagine they find how they are entering your house and put poison down?

Or they may employ rats with mini machine guns to cap them and drag their bodies out to display to the rest that it's not a good idea to enter your house.

My money's on the former though.
Yep will be rats/mice, they will put poison down and find the point of entry I expect.
They must of only just got in last two days as I've never heard it before unless they were creeping about lol there noisy for small animals, I keep thinking a big rats going run out from somewhere.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l86194tTlr1qd8gvzo1_400.jpg
They will come and eat you while you are sleeping.
Syzable

They will come and eat you while you are sleeping.

Haha I hope not, I'm going to ring somewhere soon see if they can come out today, it sounds a bit like a kitten playing with something on a laminate floor lol
Glue traps is the best way to wipe them out. It is inhumane but you are dealing with vermin.
With poison they may or may not eat it and then they might die somewhere in your house and they will decompose and your house will stink.
buju247

Glue traps is the best way to wipe them out. It is inhumane but you are … Glue traps is the best way to wipe them out. It is inhumane but you are dealing with vermin.With poison they may or may not eat it and then they might die somewhere in your house and they will decompose and your house will stink.

With them being in the Walls or under the floorboards Ive no idea how they are getting in so wouldn't know where to put traps etc I don't want to pull up floorboards incase there's loads there lol
Could it be cockroaches?
fluffyundacrakas

Could it be cockroaches?

I think it's something bigger than that as they are very noisy and can tell what ever it is is running about.
I had scratching that sounded like it was coming from above my head when I was in bed, went in the loft and couldn't find anything.

Turned out it was birds pulling little bits of moss off the roof tiles and under the guttering that was echoing through to where I was. Probably not what you have if you can hear it in the walls as for me it was only one corner of my ceiling.
Have you noticed any 'droppings'?

Call your Council's Environmental Health dept, for rat removal I'm sure it's free, other vermin they usually charge for but will be a lot cheaper than going to somewhere like Rentokill.
Ungreat

I had scratching that sounded like it was coming from above my head when … I had scratching that sounded like it was coming from above my head when I was in bed, went in the loft and couldn't find anything.Turned out it was birds pulling little bits of moss off the roof tiles and under the guttering that was echoing through to where I was. Probably not what you have if you can hear it in the walls as for me it was only one corner of my ceiling.

Ive only ever heard it in the front room and it's my sons room above and it sounds as if there under his floorboards mainly. The outside wall of my front room has like vent bricks in so wether they have got in through there I don't know but the holes are only small so can't see a rat getting in through them.
I'd echo glue traps, they're awful to clean up - mice stuck to cardboard is terrible BUT got rid of the problem within days that could have dragged on for weeks and months if they'd had chance to breed.
It's the People Under the Stairs!

http://www.mondo-digital.com/peoplestairs2.jpg

pink-ka

With them being in the Walls or under the floorboards Ive no idea how … With them being in the Walls or under the floorboards Ive no idea how they are getting in so wouldn't know where to put traps etc I don't want to pull up floorboards incase there's loads there lol

They don't live in walls or under floorboards. Try putting them in pantry/under stair cupboard. Stick a few peanuts on the centre of the glue trap and wait.......
MBeeching

It's the People Under the Stairs!

There was a story a few years back in the news about some woman, in the USA probably, who had heard noises for months in the ceilings of her rooms. Turns out she had an 'admirer' who had been following her from room to room on a pulley system he'd constructed keeping an eye on her.
Edited by: "Ennui" 18th Aug 2011
Think something similar happened to George Michael.

I mean someone was in his house, not him pulling himself (ahem) round someone elses.
It'll probably be birds or rats or something though, eh?
Ennui

There was a story a few years back in the news about some woman, in the … There was a story a few years back in the news about some woman, in the USA probably, who had heard noises for months in the ceilings of her rooms. Turns out she had an 'admirer' who had been following her from room to room on a pulley system he'd constructed keeping an eye on her.

PMSL... Get me a link plx?
ask your neighbours if they have recently lost a pet hamster or gerbil.
Have you ever watched 'help, my house is falling down'? There was one recently where part of their problem (the most minor issue!) was rats, they had a rat carcass on the floor ewwww. Anyway, a man came and filled up all the holes so the couldn't get in and then put poison under the floorboards and outside. Some tips/suggestions were to clear outside and things like compost heaps should be moved into a sealed drum thingy. Also, make sure you keep food locked away.
Ennui

There was a story a few years back in the news about some woman, in the … There was a story a few years back in the news about some woman, in the USA probably, who had heard noises for months in the ceilings of her rooms. Turns out she had an 'admirer' who had been following her from room to room on a pulley system he'd constructed keeping an eye on her.

Article

Harrison then hatched an incredible plan to watch her every move. He … Harrison then hatched an incredible plan to watch her every move. He tunnelled under the floor boards of her parents bungalow, coming up through the floor of a closet and, when the house was empty, made his way into the attic. From above, he drilled holes into the ceiling of every room, and tapped into the telephone. For three months, Colleen and her family had no idea that he was spying and eavesdropping on their every move.

Closest I could find was this - perhaps the pulleys & hearing noises were a figment of my fevered imagination. The pulleys would be an improvement to the system I think.

Stalker Article

Blokes can't win though.

Don't call her, you don't care. Follow her secretly from room to room watching her every move through holes in the ceiling and you're too keen...
Ennui

Closest I could find was this - perhaps the pulleys & hearing noises were … Closest I could find was this - perhaps the pulleys & hearing noises were a figment of my fevered imagination. The pulleys would be an improvement to the system I think. Stalker Article

That story just got more twisted as it went on... Quite amazing though that he was able to tunnel into the house and live in it for months without being noticed!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants