Something quite bizarre happened to me today..........

Found 16th Feb 2009
Details in next post.

Oh, and trolls - don't bother. Not in the mood for dead presidents and rodents, or muppets.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
63 Comments

Original Poster

So, there I was taking the train home from work, as you do.

Train was empty - like REALLY empty, 14 people on a 200 seater....

So I'm sitting there on my phone tying up some loose ends before signing off for the day, and I had some paperwork sitting to the left of me.

Fairly engrossed in my conversation, I feel my paperwork landing in my lap.

I ended my call abruptly, and turned round to see this woman sitting beside me!

I gave her my best WTF>!>! look, to which she responded:

"YOU HAVE A TERRIBLE ATTITUDE!!!!"???

I was like, out of there, and got up, she then shouted at the top of her voice:

"YOU'RE SO RUDE"!!!!

I was like, yeah, you too biatch.

SO..... the question I would like to ask here is this:

Was this a breach of public transport etiquette?

and

Would you be freaked out if this happened to you?

u shud have shaken ur tic-tacs at her!

Original Poster

acecatcher3;4400115

u shud have shaken ur tic-tacs at her!

had none, otherwise I would.

Gotta say, was pretty freaked out by it!

I mean, why would you sit beside a complete stranger on an EMPTY train?!?!? :?

maybe she fancied you or is that way too unlikely???

lil_tiger;4400158

Lol I was gonna say the same thing :-D

Original Poster

lil_tiger;4400158

She was like...40.

Oh, and I'm not you.

slap her and say you smell and go to another seat

I find, on public transport, some people seem to go out of their way to start an arguement, like they've had a bad day and they're venting....
Just roll with it (replace WTF look with whatever look!!)

Maybe she was trying to start a conversation and hope it went somewhere.... But yes it is rude to pick up someones paperwork and plonk yourself in the seat when the train is EMPTY !!

You shouldnt have let her shout at you though! You should have asked her why the hell she did it :giggle:

grex9101;4400181

She was like...40.Oh, and I'm not you.

ah too young then, im the same, prefer em around 60ish (min) :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

I'd have done that REALLY SHOCKING thing.

You know..............talk to someone without a keyboard. :w00t:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4400204

WOW great insight into how you actually are! Was your paperwork spread … WOW great insight into how you actually are! Was your paperwork spread over 3 seats, did you have your feet up, what were you "talking" about? Do you have an angry face?Was she old or young?Regardless I think you're funny, well........ online anyway,lol:-D

I didn't even take a table seat, it was me on the window seat and some papers on my left. wouldn't have taken up a seat like that on a busy train ,but it was empty.

And I NEVER put my feet up on seats on a train, I leave that to the neds.

And what are you on about, insight?

Smaybelline;4400211

Maybe she was trying to start a conversation and hope it went … Maybe she was trying to start a conversation and hope it went somewhere.... But yes it is rude to pick up someones paperwork and plonk yourself in the seat when the train is EMPTY !!You shouldnt have let her shout at you though! You should have asked her why the hell she did it :giggle:

I had other stuff on my mind.

Original Poster

Syzable;4400248

I'd have done that REALLY SHOCKING thing.You know..............talk to … I'd have done that REALLY SHOCKING thing.You know..............talk to someone without a keyboard. :w00t:

Take your own advice

Where was the train going from and to?

Despite the fact it was an almost empty train and she could have sat anywhere, some people are so pathetic that they'll go out of their way to make their point known. She probably has an issue with people on phones when the train is packed (which is fair enough as having a stranger shouting in your ear and occasionally flinging over some stray spit whilst talking isn't pleasant) but she isn't intelligent enough to actually realise the difference between that scenario and someone using a phone on an empty train.

You should have asked her why she was so desperate to sit next to you when the train was practically empty. Would have made for an interesting journey home at least :-D

LOL @ using public transport.

Sloth/Mod

grex9101;4400269

Take your own advice

Hey........who said this was a practise what you preach thread.

I'm off. :w00t:

Original Poster

Bigred01;4400273

Where was the train going from and to?

GLC-BRR.

Charlie&Lola;4400290

Despite the fact it was an almost empty train and she could have sat … Despite the fact it was an almost empty train and she could have sat anywhere, some people are so pathetic that they'll go out of their way to make their point known. She probably has an issue with people on phones when the train is packed (which is fair enough as having a stranger shouting in your ear and occasionally flinging over some stray spit whilst talking isn't pleasant) but she isn't intelligent enough to actually realise the difference between that scenario and someone using a phone on an empty train.You should have asked her why she was so desperate to sit next to you when the train was practically empty. Would have made for an interesting journey home at least :-D

I was kinda too freaked out by it in the 1st place, plus I had other things to be getting on with other than conversing with a mad harpy.

The JFK;4400292

LOL @ using public transport.

No dead presidents, this topic is above your station. (LOL)

grex9101;4400181

She was like...40.Oh, and I'm not you.

nope you definately aren't me....your not even close

grex9101;4400325

No dead presidents, this topic is above your station. (LOL)

WTF?

I'm alive an I'm running for PM.

TBH you couldn't be more wrong. You must feel stupid now.

Original Poster

lil_tiger;4400336

nope you definately aren't me....your not even close

True, I can definitely spell :-D

The JFK;4400339

WTF? I'm alive an I'm running for PM. TBH you couldn't be more wrong. You … WTF? I'm alive an I'm running for PM. TBH you couldn't be more wrong. You must feel stupid now.

Unless I'm "feeling" you, I'm not feeling stupid. :roll:

...perhaps she was doing us all a favour and trying to attract your attention to the very unsociable attitude you seem to have going on at the moment?

Did you say anything in your phonecall that might have offended her? She sounds like a whack job.
You get some weirdos around. My friend was using her phone on the triain once and this guy dropped a note in her lap as he left saying "Not everyone wants to hear your conversation. Call me if you want me to talkr". We couldn't work out if he was into her or just mad at her for using her mobile.

Ask your mates if they think you shout when your using your mobile. One of my mates does and I tell him all the time. It's embarrassing.

Original Poster

lil_tiger;4400394

...perhaps she was doing us all a favour and trying to attract your … ...perhaps she was doing us all a favour and trying to attract your attention to the very unsociable attitude you seem to have going on at the moment?

yeah yeah yeah..... see ya.

come back when you learn the ways of the misc.

torapoole;4400406

Did you say anything in your phonecall that might have offended her? She … Did you say anything in your phonecall that might have offended her? She sounds like a whack job. You get some weirdos around. My friend was using her phone on the triain once and this guy dropped a note in her lap as he left saying "Not everyone wants to hear your conversation. Call me if you want me to talkr". We couldn't work out if he was into her or just mad at her for using her mobile.

Bigred01;4400420

Ask your mates if they think you shout when your using your mobile. One … Ask your mates if they think you shout when your using your mobile. One of my mates does and I tell him all the time. It's embarrassing.

I was barely speaking, as I was listening to some updates on the next days work. Plus I do have consideration for other folks and there wasn't anyone else within about half a carriage of me.

I was barely speaking, as I was listening to some updates on the next days work. Plus I do have consideration for other folks and there wasn't anyone else within about half a carriage of me.[/QUOTE]

Fair do's. She sounds like a mentalist.

By the way where is GLC-BRR? I don't want to stalk you but it may help with character stereotyping.

Original Poster

Bigred01;4400537

I was barely speaking, as I was listening to some updates on the next … I was barely speaking, as I was listening to some updates on the next days work. Plus I do have consideration for other folks and there wasn't anyone else within about half a carriage of me.

Fair do's. She sounds like a mentalist.

By the way where is GLC-BRR? I don't want to stalk you but it may help with character stereotyping.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, 3 letter codes!

GLC=Glasgow Central
BRR=Barrhead.

Character stereotyping?

Syzable;4400248

I'd have done that REALLY SHOCKING thing.You know..............talk to … I'd have done that REALLY SHOCKING thing.You know..............talk to someone without a keyboard. :w00t:

Talk...... talk...... nah, I don't get it....... ;-):whistling:

I would have told her she had 5 seconds to apologise or you were going to slap her good-looking!

I can't abide rude people, but regardless of the situation you don't talk to someone else like that. Even if there had been nowhere else to sit, a simple 'excuse me, is it ok if I sit here?' would have done the job. From experience, some people are spoiling for a fight.

I was walking through a shopping centre a short while ago and was doing the usual - looking one way and walking another (checking out stuff in shop windows). I walked into someone's outstretched hand - a lady in her 60s - who then gave me a look as if to say "you should have been looking where you were going". I promptly apologised and went on my way. The other people I there with said they saw the whole thing and she had tonnes of time to move out of the way: She wanted to make a point and stand her ground.

It wouldn't surprise me if this person had the same notions.

Original Poster

Xb0xGuru;4400598

I would have told her she had 5 seconds to apologise or you were going to … I would have told her she had 5 seconds to apologise or you were going to slap her good-looking!I can't abide rude people, but regardless of the situation you don't talk to someone else like that. Even if there had been nowhere else to sit, a simple 'excuse me, is it ok if I sit here?' would have done the job. From experience, some people are spoiling for a fight.I was walking through a shopping centre a short while ago and was doing the usual - looking one way and walking another (checking out stuff in shop windows. I walked into someone's outstretched hand - a lady in her 60s - who then gave me a look as if to say "you should have been looking where you were going". I promptly apologised and went on my way. The other people I there with said they saw the whole thing and she had tonnes of time to move out of the way: She wanted to make a point and stand her ground.It wouldn't surprise me if this person had the same notions.

You're probably right, it was just a pretty weird thing to happen.

I mean, if I was on a busy train and there were only single seats left, I'd opt to stand rather than sit beside a stranger. Plus it means that woman and older folk are still in with a shot of a seat.

Just the total random intrusion of personal space threw me, If it was a guy I'd have been more vocal etc, but it's not good form to have a random shouting match with a middle aged woman.

Character stereotyping?[/QUOTE]

Scottish, well that's alright then, blows my theory. :thumbsup: I thought she may have been chav/ned or worse hooray henrietta. Lucky you weren't on the tube as the law of the underground (in my experience) is downright scary.

Original Poster

Bigred01;4400659

Character stereotyping?

Scottish, well that's alright then, blows my theory. :thumbsup: I thought she may have been chav/ned or worse hooray henrietta. Lucky you weren't on the tube as the law of the underground (in my experience) is downright scary.[/QUOTE]

Well, the West of Scotland has a pretty big ned problem also....

What's a "hooray henrietta"?

grex9101;4400695

What's a "hooray henrietta"?

Lardy-da, jolly hockey sticks etc ;-)

What's a "hooray henrietta"?[/QUOTE]

Female version of a hooray henry. A loud-mouthed but ineffectual upper class fool.

Original Poster

chryssie;4400756

Lardy-da, jolly hockey sticks etc ;-)

Don't think we have many of those, lol :-D:-D:-D

nikkib123;4400241

I fainted on a train once and landed in the lap of the man opposite.He … I fainted on a train once and landed in the lap of the man opposite.He thought he luck was in but I was mortified!True story x

translation;

i was on a train drunk, a man was playing with himself, i jumped on him

[QUOTE=owlass;4400809]translation;

i was on a train drunk, a man was playing with himself, i jumped on him[

:thumbsup:

adding

some.

@
    Text