Expired

something to fix scratched games

Banned 11 replies
Found 16th Feb 2009
i bought a job lot of faulty / untested stuff and came with it was 6 xbox 360 games, i havent got a xbox 360 so couldnt test them but the discs are scrached or not lookng quite right, is there any thing that can fix it, i know its a long shot, but there might be something out there

15 Comments

I'm sure places such as Game and Blockbuster offer a disc repair service now :thumbsup:

My nephew had a circular scratch on one of his games and they tried everything to get rid of it (the scratch was huge), nothing worked but as a last result his dad used some T-Cut that he had for his car and it worked. Haven't tried it myself but it got rid of the scratch and now the game works a treat so definitely worth a try!

what games were they? if you dont mind me asking

Game station do a good job for a couple of quid!

Aye the game shops will do it for about £3 a disk.

OR

the method i use is:
Get some toothpaste (ideally just the bog standard white stuff with no grains or whatever they put in it nowadays) get a soft cloth and rub the toothpaste in lines away from the centre of the disc (NOT in a circular motion) go over each section 2/3 times then rinse the disk in water and dry, then buff with a soft cloth.

should play fine (obviously depending on the severity of the scratches. Hope this helps

+1

:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Jetpac;4395811

Aye the game shops will do it for about £3 a disk.ORthe method i use … Aye the game shops will do it for about £3 a disk.ORthe method i use is:Get some toothpaste (ideally just the bog standard white stuff with no grains or whatever they put in it nowadays) get a soft cloth and rub the toothpaste in lines away from the centre of the disc (NOT in a circular motion) go over each section 2/3 times then rinse the disk in water and dry, then buff with a soft cloth.should play fine (obviously depending on the severity of the scratches. Hope this helps

thankyou might give that a go :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Annie1508;4395732

My nephew had a circular scratch on one of his games and they tried … My nephew had a circular scratch on one of his games and they tried everything to get rid of it (the scratch was huge), nothing worked but as a last result his dad used some T-Cut that he had for his car and it worked. Haven't tried it myself but it got rid of the scratch and now the game works a treat so definitely worth a try!

lol might be worth a go

I'd take Fable 2 and Saints Row 2 for a tenner. If the scratches are only on the bottom, save you a little bit on postage.

Dimitar Berbatov;4396120

I believe me and gwd289 have first dibs on the saints row and i have dibs … I believe me and gwd289 have first dibs on the saints row and i have dibs on fable 2

Sorry but theres not such thing as 'dibs' deals only decided by the OP.

sicpuppy;4396149

£30 the lot

See shall I use the 'dibs' thing here, lol.
Emm its all dependant on the op selling. I have a feeling he will wait. :thumbsup:

johnmurraymints;4396179

sorry peeps was away from the comp for 10 mins just reading everytrhing … sorry peeps was away from the comp for 10 mins just reading everytrhing lol can ppl not pm me isnt it against the rules?

If there offering yes. Trying to find you a cheap kit on tinternet..:thumbsup:

Maplin meant to do a decent one for maplin.co.uk/Mod…e=Y
So maybe cheaper to go somewhere else. Probably get something like fleebay item 250362036287

sicpuppy;4396149

£30 the lot

Sicpuppy wants the lot.

I'd just take the two fable 2 saints row 2.

This thread was in the wrong forum, as your request was for something to fix scratched games. Whilst in FS you let others make offers for each game, those have been deleted and you have received an infraction for that. To compromise it's been moved to Miscellaneous, but you can't list any of the games in the FS forum until at least seven days have passed from today.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51452
  2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
  3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
  4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions