Something very strange happened to me on Amazon last night

Posted 26th Nov
Did anyone else notice this weird event on amazon last night around 3am?

Yeah something really weird happened on Amazon last night i was browsing ipcams and they were all under £7-8 all from different sellers so i bought a whole load of them then at 3am the prices all went up by around 500% i wonder if it was a black friday thing or an amazon website bug?

I was fully expecting all my purchases to be rescinded today but not so far - if i had known i would have bought a few grands worth to resell - bummer!

Anyone else notice this?

I had 12 different ones dome , hanging dome, fixed and motorised and precisely at 3am the price rocketed on all of them in my wishlist including that doorbell too!

Here is an example = Bought this at 1am for £7 now look at the price?

smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it

And on this item i posted some other user on here noticed the massive price hike?

hotukdeals.com/dea…572
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Yeah, I grabbed quite a few. That's the third time I've noticed it from same sellers with Amazon fulfillment. Started mid-afternoon. The £3.69 one I referenced in a HUKD is now £28 (even included an archive of the lower price); another that was under £9 is now £63. I noted a total of 8 that had silly prices.
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 15:48

Yeah, I grabbed quite a few. That's the third time I've noticed it from …Yeah, I grabbed quite a few. That's the third time I've noticed it from same sellers with Amazon fulfillment. Started mid-afternoon. The £3.69 one I referenced in a HUKD is now £28 (even included an archive of the lower price); another that was under £9 is now £63. I noted a total of 8 that had silly prices.

Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but here is the proof!
I have 35 in my surveillance wishlist and 23 of them have rocketed in price.
So its happened before then - thanks good to know was it always around black friday?

39126664-v7PqK.jpg
39126664-wqc0x.jpg
Edited by: "omendata" 26th Nov
omendata26/11/2019 15:49

Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but …Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but here is the proof![Image] [Image]

I bought one of those cams as well. In the previous price reduction g-litch a week earlier it was £13.14
Aside from that camera being cheap tat that's on ali express for £20 .Look at the seller - China based, 3-5 weeks delivery, only 10 feedback and 2 of those are negative.

Likely to either be a scam or a mess up by the seller that will never be honoured.

Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but …Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but here is the proof!I have 35 in my surveillance wishlist and 23 of them have rocketed in price.So its happened before then - thanks good to know was it always around black friday?

All the ones I ordered at silly low prices have now been despatched. Chose to use RM pickup as delivery method cos once the package hits RM Amazon cannot recall it, unlike what has happended to me previously when a pricing g-litch resulted in an Amazon locker collection being unavailable after despatch and an Amazon logistics delivery being cancelled by Amazon even though the order was physically on a van and out for delivery.
Zooicidal26/11/2019 15:54

Aside from that camera being cheap tat that's on ali express for £20 .Look …Aside from that camera being cheap tat that's on ali express for £20 .Look at the seller - China based, 3-5 weeks delivery, only 10 feedback and 2 of those are negative.Likely to either be a scam or a mess up by the seller that will never be honoured.

These were all Amazon-fulfilled items. The current remaining stock is seller-fulfilled. On the previous two occasions this occurred within last month all my silly low price IP cam purchases have been successfully delivered.

...was it always around black friday?

Don't think it's related to BF. First happend about three wks ago so probably a little too early to be related to BF, plus the pricing was so silly low it is verging g-litch not promo.

Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but …Wow thanks for backing me up Andy i thought i was maybe hallucinating but here is the proof!I have 35 in my surveillance wishlist and 23 of them have rocketed in price.So its happened before then - thanks good to know was it always around black friday?[Image] [Image]

...Look at the seller - China based, 3-5 weeks delivery, only 10 feedback …...Look at the seller - China based, 3-5 weeks delivery, only 10 feedback and 2 of those are negative.Likely to either be a scam or a mess up by the seller that will never be honoured.

Hey, here's my archive of same item from another seller also fulfilled by Amazon at £13 from two weeks ago on 11 Nov 2019:
web.archive.org/web…QZ/

Aside from that camera being cheap tat that's on ali express for £20 .Look …Aside from that camera being cheap tat that's on ali express for £20 .Look at the seller - China based, 3-5 weeks delivery, only 10 feedback and 2 of those are negative.Likely to either be a scam or a mess up by the seller that will never be honoured.

Have you ever actually used them or just had one bad experience?
I have installed many of them and they are not Chinese tat at all.
I have DBPOWER and EasyN in and outside my property in the uk and my villa in Slovakia and i can watch them all from either location and they have been on for 7 years non stop 24 hours a day so that old addage about Chinese rubbish doesnt seem to be the case these days dude!
Try to speak from experience.
And yes i install em for folks who want to save cash on the overpriced cctv systems so have probably installed over 100 of them and only a fraction of them fail.

Problem with the new 1080p ones @AndyRoyd is they dont allow web access with a browser like you used to do with the old 720p ipcams which is a pain as thats how i prefer to access em hate using APPS i am not a smartphone fan.
Want to upgrade my 720p ipcams so that price was just what i needed last night bought 15 ipcams last night wish i had bought 100 lol

But i do use ANDY lol on my pc tried NOX but it didnt like my Dell fingerprint reader and kept crashing!
Only way to use these new 1080p ipcams without having to use a Smartphone!

The thing with the new cams is they say they are increasing security thus removing the web front end but its really so they can lock you into the smartphone app and then charge you for cloud storage so you can store yer files otherwise you are stuck with the tfcard reader if you are lucky and it has one!

The thing with the old cams is you can hack em quite easily the username is either root or admin and the password is usually 123456 so you can just telnet into them and do what you want not good from a security standpoint.

The onvif ones are the only workaround using ispy or other applications but i prefer to do it all on web browser?
You have any recommendations on that one @AndyRoyd ?
omendata26/11/2019 16:10

...You have any recommendations on that one @AndyRoyd ?

No recommendations as such but easy to spot the ones that provide best bang for buck (value) as any preferred price range. TBH at the lower end the features of the controlling app is probably the definitive indication of what can be expected. Note that many seemingly app-only cams still have browser access capability but it is disabled (so you can still find the cam at index of its IP), but often still locally directly access the RTSP regardless.
AndyRoyd26/11/2019 16:19

No recommendations as such but easy to spot the ones that provide best …No recommendations as such but easy to spot the ones that provide best bang for buck (value) as any preferred price range. TBH at the lower end the features of the controlling app is probably the definitive indication of what can be expected. Note that many seemingly app-only cams still have browser access capability but it is disabled (so you can still find the cam at index of its IP), but often still locally directly access the RTSP regardless.

Yeah i am currently trying to mod the firmware and reprogram the chip on a 1080p Wanscam to allow web access thats how bad its getting in the ipcam market but my days of machine code programming were a long time ago so i am having to learn again been at it for months - in the old days i would have had it done in a week lol
There is not substitute for the web front end its just so useful i cant get into the smartphone thing and having to fire up ANDY and load the vmware vm every time is really slow on my laptop and even my high end pc!
omendata26/11/2019 16:36

Yeah i am currently trying to mod the firmware and reprogram the chip on a …Yeah i am currently trying to mod the firmware and reprogram the chip on a 1080p Wanscam to allow web access thats how bad its getting in the ipcam market but my days of machine code programming were a long time ago so i am having to learn again been at it for months - in the old days i would have had it done in a week lolThere is not substitute for the web front end its just so useful i cant get into the smartphone thing and having to fire up ANDY and load the vmware vm every time is really slow on my laptop and even my high end pc!

Off topic - @omendata mate you cannot get into the smartphone thing yet you can reprogram an IP Cam and speak so easily about high end machine programming and all the technical gibberish. I loved reading your comments on here. I wish I could learn how to code just like that. Tried several times in the good old days to learn C, C++, Java, Visual Basic but never got my head round it. Posting this comment just to write down a few words of appreciation for you mate
addy201326/11/2019 20:42

Off topic - @omendata mate you cannot get into the smartphone thing yet …Off topic - @omendata mate you cannot get into the smartphone thing yet you can reprogram an IP Cam and speak so easily about high end machine programming and all the technical gibberish. I loved reading your comments on here. I wish I could learn how to code just like that. Tried several times in the good old days to learn C, C++, Java, Visual Basic but never got my head round it. Posting this comment just to write down a few words of appreciation for you mate

Nah modern stuff is all high end I actually started in 6502 assembler then 6809 then motorola 68000 machine code i was a games programmer with the BBC mciro and CBM64 and Dragon32 back in the day i wrote the first parallax scrolling routines for games like Nervyron and Steel Planet lol All my mates worked for Superior software and US Gold.

Yeeah the smartphone thing the phone development stuff and modern games is all high level stuff i got bored with it even at 3rd generation programming level what can i say im an old mc faerte - the advantage is you can write the best fastest and most compact viruses and program any machine in the world thats why all the best hackers are machine code guys and its also why programs are so huge now and the programming is so bad - back in the day we had only 10k to squeeze a whole program into with 20k for scrren memory - BBC Mciro thats - Mode 1 GFX and the 6845 crtc chip there is just something fantastical about direct i/o programming lol

I learned from one book Programming the 6502 in machine code then started disassembling games like Twin Kingdon Valley and Defender to learn how to program games but nowadays its all based around and engine and using premade subroutines the days of guys like David Braben the original Elite designer for the BBC micro he was a maths genius and way bettter than me i never could get my head around hidden line removal in machine code 8 bit without floating point maths lol

This is my topic anyway itws always good to chat on here and not argue with folks which happens a lot lol

omendata26/11/2019 22:03

Nah modern stuff is all high end I actually started in 6502 assembler then …Nah modern stuff is all high end I actually started in 6502 assembler then 6809 then motorola 68000 machine code i was a games programmer with the BBC mciro and CBM64 and Dragon32 back in the day i wrote the first parallax scrolling routines for games like Nervyron and Steel Planet lol All my mates worked for Superior software and US Gold.Yeeah the smartphone thing the phone development stuff and modern games is all high level stuff i got bored with it even at 3rd generation programming level what can i say im an old mc faerte - the advantage is you can write the best fastest and most compact viruses and program any machine in the world thats why all the best hackers are machine code guys and its also why programs are so huge now and the programming is so bad - back in the day we had only 10k to squeeze a whole program into with 20k for scrren memory - BBC Mciro thats - Mode 1 GFX and the 6845 crtc chip there is just something fantastical about direct i/o programming lolI learned from one book Programming the 6502 in machine code then started disassembling games like Twin Kingdon Valley and Defender to learn how to program games but nowadays its all based around and engine and using premade subroutines the days of guys like David Braben the original Elite designer for the BBC micro he was a maths genius and way bettter than me i never could get my head around hidden line removal in machine code 8 bit without floating point maths lolThis is my topic anyway itws always good to chat on here and not argue with folks which happens a lot lol

If there was a ‘love a comment’ button in addition to the ‘like a comment’ I would have pressed that. Wow such a detailed reply mate. Thanks. Hats off to you for learning and equipping yourself with machine coding skills . I get excited when I read about coding whether it be on a forum or a website. However do agree with you regarding smartphone programming. There are so many languages for app coding yet the quality has been a bit of a let down. I remember back in those days there were only a few languages out there but the end product used to have such a fascinating user interface and had a lot to offer in terms of durability, longevity and productivity. Nowadays it is vice versa. Anyways, it was good having a conversation with you. I like the intellectual aspects of a conversation just like you do and fancy chatting over other things. Take care mate
Nothing to do with black Friday

Sellers on amazon do this to move up the sale view page which in turn creates more sales at higher prices
I
ashmac26/11/2019 23:22

Nothing to do with black Friday Sellers on amazon do this to move up the …Nothing to do with black Friday Sellers on amazon do this to move up the sale view page which in turn creates more sales at higher prices

Interesting if its true it would be useful to know when but it wasnt just a few sellers it was at least 20!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions