Groups

sometimes it pays not to be that interested in football

The old firm game was on this afternoon and decided to go out for lunch with the wife and kids, the pub was empty as the old firm game was on and it was not showing in this pub we were in.
    we were the only customers in and lunch lasted over an hour with generous portions of food.
    must do this more often.

16 Comments

Likewise,took my daughter to the park and it was empty for the entire time the game was on-she loved it-all the swings and chutes to herself!

football is crap, i hate it

Is this the only good thing about Scotland then? lol.

Original Poster

DarrylJohn Is this the only good thing about Scotland then? lol.

that and no Tories.

wickedteen

football is crap, i hate it

Nah!

Yeh why all the hate???? Most of the old firm fans are good people who enjoy football,you have clearly bought into all the bad press attention. Once we get rid of the bigots,everything will be rosy

Original Poster

Who mentioned anything about hate, all i done was state that as the game was on the pub was empty and had a nice lunch

which pub was it?

Original Poster

Pub was called Home, it is in Kilwinning

boabbyrab

Pub was called Home, it is in Kilwinning

looks quite nice may take a run down to try it

would you recomend it normally or just because it was quite today?

Banned

tonypop

Yeh why all the hate???? Most of the old firm fans are good people who … Yeh why all the hate???? Most of the old firm fans are good people who enjoy football,you have clearly bought into all the bad press attention. Once we get rid of the bigots,everything will be rosy

Does rosy mean 'deserted' in Scotland?

I was working today, really busy. Work for a bookies

Original Poster

Jamstaruk:
    First time i have been it since it changed name/ownership so cannot comment at the moment, but barmaid said its probably the only pub in kilwinning that does not show football so that is a major plus in my book. food was very nice mind you

Your kids will hate you.

psb07158

Your kids will hate you.

whysat?

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972 Pub was called Home, it is in Kilwinninglooks quite nice … jamstaruk1972 Pub was called Home, it is in Kilwinninglooks quite nice may take a run down to try itwould you recomend it normally or just because it was quite today

back on the laptop now, there are better pubs to have food in and they are within 10 minutes of this place.
    The Blair
    Dalgarven Country Hotel
    the ship inn probably not good if you have kids cos they dont do chips but they have the best steak pie you will ever taste.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions