Found 10th Dec 2017
anyone having trouble with sonoff, there all seem to be offline
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Nah
I am all mine are offline

but sometimes says online but are unresponsive
Appear to be offline all over Europe. No response from pinging the EU server!

facebook.com/EWe…90/
Edited by: "Van1973" 10th Dec 2017
Mine's not working but not a major issue as I set the default after power failure/return to 'On' so I can just use the switch as if it was a none smart device.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 10th Dec 2017
Original Poster
dcx_badass12 m ago

Mine's not working but not a major issue as I set the default after power …Mine's not working but not a major issue as I set the default after power failure/return to 'On' so I can just use the switch as if it was a none smart device.

same, i was just worried if there all buggered up, though it was server
WOW never knew anything about this power on state wish i knew this

keep having to ask alexa to turn lights on or thumble for my phone to turn them on haha

happy i seen you comment @dcx_badass
any other tips?
Original Poster
michael.smedley1 h, 30 m ago

WOW never knew anything about this power on state wish i knew thiskeep …WOW never knew anything about this power on state wish i knew thiskeep having to ask alexa to turn lights on or thumble for my phone to turn them on hahahappy i seen you comment @dcx_badass any other tips?

comes in handy, like when u need to unplug Internet, or when it actin up.

i find sonoff has more option than hive
Original Poster
fyi back on now
Can you tell us what kit switches etc you use.

I am really interested thanks
Here is some info .... hotukdeals.com/dis…215

The range of Sonoff products ..... banggood.com/sea…tml

Just last week they released IFTTT capability - lot of potential here! Work with Alexa and Google Home.

I have 20 devices now controlling my heating/hot water, switching off appliances with power hungry standbys and lights.
Van19733 h, 9 m ago

Here is some info .... …Here is some info .... https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/t40-2827215The range of Sonoff products ..... https://www.banggood.com/search/sonoff.htmlJust last week they released IFTTT capability - lot of potential here! Work with Alexa and Google Home. I have 20 devices now controlling my heating/hot water, switching off appliances with power hungry standbys and lights.

can you give me some examples of ifftt functions you think would be useful?

not being sarcy, i have some sonoff and like making things automatic
Original Poster
rambobambo9 h, 55 m ago

Can you tell us what kit switches etc you use.I am really interested thanks

also possible to wire them into them round kitchen lights
Creatish4 h, 29 m ago

can you give me some examples of ifftt functions you think would be …can you give me some examples of ifftt functions you think would be useful?not being sarcy, i have some sonoff and like making things automatic

I've only just started playing with IFTTT and what I've come up with so far.....

Cross compatibility with other systems: - can now trigger sonoff devices when other branded devices operate and visa versa. Eg a sonoff temperature operated device (TH10/16) if triggered on low temperature may switch on a heater and this could be used to switch on a WEMO socket in another room. Sonoff devices can trigger other sonoff devices via Scenes in ewelink but can now be used with other brand devices.

Automatic Sunrise/Sunset switching on of lights/devices - I have my front door lights switched on by IFTTT using Weather Underground sunset settings and off by a timer at approx midnight. I leave a landing light on at night and now have this switched off by sunrise. I have had these on timers but have had to adjust the settings almost every week.

Location: - can switch on/off sonoff devices by arriving or leaving a destination. I'm not using this option yet but it can be used by a default Location service on IFTTT or by Life360.

Alerts - the ewelink app already shows status of devices but using IFTTT you can get texts/emails of when a device switches on/off. Again not using this myself but may be useful for someone.

Interested to hear other ideas anyone has had for IFTTT and home automation.
Edited by: "Van1973" 11th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions