Sonos, Airplay 2 and voice control...

Posted 19th Sep
Can anyone comment on how well these work with Airplay 2?

It being listed as an Airplay 2 speaker to send music to is obvious, and I understand that Apple Music can be added as an Alexa skill to play Apple Music on the device via Alexa.

But, I'm unclear if when playing music via airplay 2 (at the same time as other speakers) if it can control skip and change volume via voice?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
You can play different music to different speakers that are not linked together.

E.G
my living room has a beam and 2x sons one speakers (linked together for surround sounds)
Kitchen, Sons one
Toy room, Sonos one
Bed room Sonos one

I can airplay music/Video(sound) to say my living room. use the app or voice command to play music from amazon music (or any other service you have) to toy room and a different song to the bedroom and kitchen all at the same time or make them play all the same music.

P.S my living room use google assistant(works better for my TV) where the other speakers in the house use Alexa.

Airplay 2 i think you can only steam one source at a time this can be used with 1 speaker or many speakers you wish.
Edited by: "Mackan" 19th Sep
Mackan19/09/2019 15:42

You can play different music to different speakers that are not linked …You can play different music to different speakers that are not linked together. E.G my living room has a beam and 2x sons one speakers linked together for surround sounds. Kitchen as a Sons oneToy room, Sonos oneBed room Sonos oneI can airplay music/Video(sound) to say my living room. use the app to play music from amazon music (or any other service you have) to toy room and a different song to the bedroom and kitchen all at the same time or make them play all the same music. P.S my living room use google assistant(works better for my TV) where the other speakers in the house use Alexa.Airplay 2 i think you can only steam one source at a time this can be used with 1 speaker or many speakers you wish.

Specifically when playing to the speaker via airplay 2 can you 'talk' to the speaker to skip tracks and change volume?
Wildman19/09/2019 15:47

Specifically when playing to the speaker via airplay 2 can you 'talk' to …Specifically when playing to the speaker via airplay 2 can you 'talk' to the speaker to skip tracks and change volume?

change volume yes you can do this.
Skipping i am not sure as dont airplay alot and if i do i use my phone (as i am mainly watching youtube videos)

P.S you can always ask on the sonos fourms as they will be able to answer your quesions.
Edited by: "Mackan" 19th Sep
Mackan19/09/2019 15:49

change volume yes you can do this. Skipping i am not sure as dont airplay …change volume yes you can do this. Skipping i am not sure as dont airplay alot and if i do i use my phone (as i am mainly watching youtube videos)P.S you can always ask on the sonos fourms as they will be able to answer your quesions.

Thanks, did think of that but as I alredy had an account here...lazy I know.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants