Sonos Beam or Bose 500?

Posted 5th May
I'm looking to replace my very run of the mill LG soundbar. It's a toss up between the Bose 500 or Sonos Beam. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions of either. I may replace my Samsung Multiroom speakers around the house to match the soundbar, so multiroom functions are something I want to consider. Spotify is my streaming app of choice. What's peoples opinions?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I have a Sonos Beam and it's awesome. It's always on for watching the tv. It has great sound depth and watching films is great. I do not have any other Sonos speakers hooked up with it for the true surround sound. I find the Beam in itself gives me what i need in that respect.

I also have a Bose Soundtouch 20 and 10 which are good but imo i think the sound from the Sonos is better.

The downside with the Sonus is it does not support Bluetooth. So, for instance, if you want to watch Youtube on a laptop or PC and stream it to the Sonos you can't.
Sonos Beam! I have mine paired with two Ones and the sound<3 I just need the sub for a proper 5.1
I love my Sonos beam. Not sure about full Bluetooth but it works with airplay from my iPhone and also has Alexa built in. I stream Spotify direct from the app, Alexa and also through the tv.
Beam
Well, the beam ticks all the boxes, and the consensus appears to be in favour of the beam, so it's on its way. Cheers guys
Edited by: "RuudBullit" 6th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions