Groups

sons school shoes

Banned
    Hi my son 11 starts secondary school next week I have bought all of his new uniform school jumper school polo and school trousers. The only thing that's left is school shoes. He's asked me if he can have a pair of plain black lace up plimsolls I said I would think about it where would be best to get a pair from ?

24 Comments

Shoe shop

Ebay

Amazon

Shoezone

Clarks

Sports direct

Marks and Spencer

Tesco.

Asda

Peacocks

perfect for winter?

Plimsoles...?

Does he mean Vans type of shoes...like these ?

I'd stay clear, friends a nurse at a secondary school and she's inundated with kids with feet problems due solely (pardon the pun) to Vans style shoes/trainers.

Nike do an all black Air Max trainer, costly though..

Original Poster Banned

Like vans but the cheap version I think they cost £3 In Primark and £4 in shoe zone

Original Poster Banned

Like vans but the cheap version I think they cost £3 In Primark and £4 in shoe zone

Would they be allowed to even wear these At school ?

Original Poster Banned

I think so the school uniform policy is
    School sweatshirt with school logo
    School polo shirt with school logo
    Black school trousers
    Black school shoes or plain black canvas pumps or plain black trainers as alternative no boots heels or non black footwear

I've been buying black vans for my kids for past 4 years without any problems. To be honest it's what most kids are wearing to school nowadays and vans seem to last for ages

http://blog.samuel-windsor.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Wayfinders-Shoes.gif

my boys have plain black converse and Vans. They are available in most sport shops

Original Poster Banned

How much would a pair of vans cost ?

Sports direct, B&M and primark have cheap cloth plimsolls

Tesco and ASDA have lots of reductions on kids shoes but it is bit of a lottery. I generally buy the next size a season ahead as no guarantee they will there when I need them.

mumof3boyzzz

How much would a pair of vans cost ?

Follow link in post no. 3 for a guide, although can be had cheaper, google when you choose a style......

Original Poster Banned

I've had a look a bit out my price range

mumof3boyzzz

I think so the school uniform policy is School sweatshirt with school … I think so the school uniform policy is School sweatshirt with school logo School polo shirt with school logo Black school trousers Black school shoes or plain black canvas pumps or plain black trainers as alternative no boots heels or non black footwear

That's good then shame my sons school don't have same policy X

Original Poster Banned

sammyjc71

That's good then shame my sons school don't have same policy X

I think the school try to be fair with parents that's why I think the school have a practical uniform

Banned

Don't whatever the advice here skimp on footwear, you only get the pair of feet so it pays to look after them. Get a proper fitting size, both in size and width, you can get measured for free in any Clarks shoe store.

A decent pair from Clarks will cost you about £25/30, it's not much to have a proper fitted pair of shoes.

Original Poster Banned

WonkyDoctor

Don't whatever the advice here skimp on footwear, you only get the pair … Don't whatever the advice here skimp on footwear, you only get the pair of feet so it pays to look after them. Get a proper fitting size, both in size and width, you can get measured for free in any Clarks shoe store.A decent pair from Clarks will cost you about £25/30, it's not much to have a proper fitted pair of shoes.

I wodulnt be able to afford to buy my son £30 school shoes plus he doesn't want proper school shoes anyway.

Banned

mumof3boyzzz

I wodulnt be able to afford to buy my son £30 school shoes plus he … I wodulnt be able to afford to buy my son £30 school shoes plus he doesn't want proper school shoes anyway.

You get £80 a month in child benefit, it's supposed to go on the child, not on yourself. If you can't scrape together £30 for your own child I feel sorry for you.

If you buy cheap shoes you'll be buying them often, costing you more in the long run. A pair of Clarks will last at a bare minimum a full school term.

Original Poster Banned

WonkyDoctor

You get £80 a month in child benefit, it's supposed to go on the child, … You get £80 a month in child benefit, it's supposed to go on the child, not on yourself. If you can't scrape together £30 for your own child I feel sorry for you. If you buy cheap shoes you'll be buying them often, costing you more in the long run. A pair of Clarks will last at a bare minimum a full school term.

I have a lot of costs my kids do a lot of activators etc. Plus my son doesn't even want proper school shoes he wore plain black trainers in year 5&6 at primary school

Banned

Your choice at the end of the day.

WonkyDoctor

Don't whatever the advice here skimp on footwear, you only get the pair … Don't whatever the advice here skimp on footwear, you only get the pair of feet so it pays to look after them. Get a proper fitting size, both in size and width, you can get measured for free in any Clarks shoe store.A decent pair from Clarks will cost you about £25/30, it's not much to have a proper fitted pair of shoes.

Absolutely agree with this . Clarks all the way for mine till he was about 15 . Feet are too important to mess about with . My mum always made us wear properly fitting shoes which I am eternally grateful for . So many of my friends have twisted toes and unions for fashionable but ill fitting shoes . My feet are perfect . Pity about the rest of me

psychobitchfromhell

Absolutely agree with this . Clarks all the way for mine till he was … Absolutely agree with this . Clarks all the way for mine till he was about 15 . Feet are too important to mess about with . My mum always made us wear properly fitting shoes which I am eternally grateful for . So many of my friends have twisted toes and unions for fashionable but ill fitting shoes . My feet are perfect . Pity about the rest of me

This is so true! Clarks all the way through my younger years and my feet have walked me all over the world now. Friends who wore 'fashionable shoes' have all sorts of issues now with their feet and blame what they wore in their schools years!

Op - you're the mother, YOU decide what he wears not him. He will thank you in later life!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767382
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
      3. 5am gym crew20131
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions