Sony A7iii

Found 1st Mar
What’re people’s thoughts? Looks like a great camera for the price to me, although it’s still £2k 😩
Anyone had any experience of grey imports of Sony cameras or know of a cheaper place to pre order?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
4 Comments
DigitalRev should offer it at a slightly more reasonable price, and they're a decent company to order from.

As for the camera itself, it looks brilliant, but I do have some reservations about it. This is all better documented elsewhere, but Sony's mirrorless bodies aren't without their flaws, chief among which being:

- Smaller body, but bigger lenses. It's the same distance from element to sensor whether there's a mirror inbetween or not, and that does add size, weight, and cost to your lenses.

- Limited selection of lenses. AFAIK, there aren't even any 600mm lenses yet, so they're a bit of a non-started for sports & wildlife unless you're content to spend about £400 on a decent EF to E converter.

- No mirror, so your sensor loses its dust shield.

Personally, I'm hoping to see what Nikon come out with in terms of a D750 replacement. I really hoped either company would have something decent out by now (I've a wedding in four weeks, really wanted to upgrade in time for that), but I can wait.
It looks the dog's danglers. Go for it.
I use a A7R2 and love it. I wouldn't go back to DSLR sized/weight cameras.

Check out "Panamoz" for grey imports, when it's available.
They offer a 3 year UK warranty, which is better than most UK retailers.
ATM Digital Rev and Panamoz are both more expensive than the UK price?? Was looking at picking one up in the USA on holiday..... Any thoughts??
Panamoz now have at £1800
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants