Groups
    EXPIRED

Sony Bravia KDL40V4000 LCD TV

Missed the boat on the John Lewis and M&S deals for around £600 with 5 year warranty, unfortunately.

No similar deals around at the moment (with the warranty), presumably because later models have succeeded this one.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a similar Sony or Panasonic 1080p model for around £600 or less, with a five year warranty, I'd be delighted.

8 Comments

if you have a panasonic shop try them, they offer the 5 year warranty with all tvs, not sure if they would ship to where you live. maybee worth a try. branches in devon. they price matched john lewis when i bought mine, and the nearest john lewis is 100 miles away....

I'm in the same position been thinking of going for a panasonic th42px80 plasma, not full hd but from what I have read they are better than similar priced LCD 1080p models

Original Poster

leecroot;4453877

if you have a panasonic shop try them, they offer the 5 year warranty … if you have a panasonic shop try them, they offer the 5 year warranty with all tvs, not sure if they would ship to where you live. maybee worth a try. branches in devon. they price matched john lewis when i bought mine, and the nearest john lewis is 100 miles away....

Thanks - I'll try that. We've also got a Sony shop - notorious for overpricing everything, but I'll see what sort of deal they'll do.

Rep+

Original Poster

norbie;4455003

What about this (no 5 yr warranty though) - … What about this (no 5 yr warranty though) - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/344836/toshiba-42-lcd-full-hd-1080p-42xv55/

Thanks for posting - has to be a Sony or a Panasonic, though, with the 5 year warranty.

I could be looking for the impossible!;-)

40V3000 for £599.99 and the website says that if you write a review of any flat screen TV that you purchase from them they'll give you a 5 year warranty jxl.co.uk/Son…htm

sparxuk;4453915

I'm in the same position been thinking of going for a panasonic th42px80 … I'm in the same position been thinking of going for a panasonic th42px80 plasma, not full hd but from what I have read they are better than similar priced LCD 1080p models

recently bought a panasonic px80 after spending weeks reading reviews and looking for deals, and can honestly say i am delighted with it, absolutely superb tv.

The Sony KDL was the other TV which i'd been looking at and the deciding factor was simply that the px80 was easier to get in stock at the time, but I'm glad now i went for it, as its a brilliant tv

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies so far.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767351
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions