SONY CENTRE (HARROW) Do not buy from them!

Posted 20th FebEdited by:"KG_UK"
UPDATE!

I have had an email back from Sony and they have totally passed the book to a company called "Shasonic Galleria Limited" who runs the Sony center in Harrow, The guy who runs/owns it is called 'Narendra Dalsukhbhai shah'.

Sony although I have told them the store ignored my email have told me to deal with them or its nothing basically!

Sony have washed their hands on helping me and said that almost ALL of their Sony centers are owned by Third party people who are responsible for the products they sell, Could of fooled me! From the outside the Sony center has a massive SONY banner/logo stating Sony Center and inside its Sony all over the walls ect and yet they (Sony) tell me they have Nothing to do with the shop....This is very deceitful of Sony and I am now done with them!

Below is my original review:

I thought id pre warn you all who reads this, I bought a UHD Blur ray player from them last week, I bought it as a reconditioned unit as I didnt want to spend more than £150 for one, When it arrived I was shocked to see the contents just thrown in the box and the bubble wrap squashed into a ball? the remote and power supply was thrown in banging about together, No batteries either.

To make matters worse, The player is updated and its faulty with sound dropouts and pauses when playing a Blu ray disc, I emailed them and asked for my money back almost THREE days ago and have had not even an acknowledgment from them?

I emailed them from another email address asking for information to buy a 60 inch TV just to test them and they replied in a few hours...Lol what a joke.

So now I am going to contact Sony and make a complaint, The actual shop has very mixed reviews.

Do not buy from them.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Have you tried phoning them? It is 020 8863 3904 and much quicker than this rant.
I always preferred the Oasis ray players.
14 Comments
Have you tried phoning them? It is 020 8863 3904 and much quicker than this rant.
Just take your Blu-Ray player back to the shop and tell them you want a refund.
You said, "I emailed them and asked for my money back almost THREE days ago and have had not even an acknowledgment from them?"
Is there another way to contact them, like using a telephone? If you bought from a shop with no telephone number, then ...I would not have risked it in the first place.
They used to be franchised (independently owned by different businesses) and not managed whatsoever by Sony, not sure if that has changed.
I always preferred the Oasis ray players.
Lol. Would be no merchants left trading if the "don't buy from" methodology was applied to every merchant that ever made a mistake or failed to respond timely / appropriately.
I was more of an Oasis man myself in the Blur Vs Oasis days
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell20/02/2020 13:02

I was more of an Oasis man myself in the Blur Vs Oasis days

Surely the only correct answer to “Blur vs Oasis” is Suede.
Haircut_10020/02/2020 13:07

Surely the only correct answer to “Blur vs Oasis” is Suede.

Nope, Pulp!
What you plan to do next?
rimalpatel00720/02/2020 19:28

What you plan to do next?

The obvious thing to do is for OP to email the product back to the merchant, and if that doesn't work then post a rant on a deal site suggesting that nobody should buy the services of (insert name of) ISP as it doesn't support product returns.
No point calling Sony as all Sony Centres are franchised, it's usually the local hifi /TV store who own them. I used to manage one and i never received any communication from Sony regarding a customer complaint. Surprised they are still going to be honest as it was hard work 20 years ago when Sony was a much better brand.
UPDATE!

Thanks for the replies and help guys! This is what Sony just emailed me and its NOT good enough.

I have had an email back from Sony and they have totally passed the book to a company called "Shasonic Galleria Limited" who owns the Sony center in Harrow, The guy who runs/owns it is called 'Narendra Dalsukhbhai shah' Or 'Shah Narendra Dalsukhbhai'.

Sony, although I have told them the store ignored my email over 8 days ago have told me to deal with them or its nothing basically!

I have tried to call the store twice and it kept ringing so I aint wasting my time, I cant take the item back as I live almost 90 miles away from the Store and through various cities to get there, I bought it from Sony direct and when I went to part on the site to order it, It directed me to the nearest store which was the Harrow one.

Sony have washed their hands on helping me and said that almost ALL of their Sony centers are owned by Third party people who are responsible for the products they sell, Could of fooled me! From the outside the Sony center has a massive SONY banner/logo stating Sony Center and inside its Sony all over the walls ect and yet they (Sony) tell me they have Nothing to do with the shop....This is very deceitful of Sony and I am now done with them!
Edited by: "KG_UK" 27th Feb
Is small claims court an option?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants