Groups
    EXPIRED

Sony ericsson K800i Moble Phone - Memeory card 2Gb or 1Gb

Hi,
    I am looking for help to find a god deal on a 2Gb or 1Gb memory card for a Sony K800i mobile phone.
    So far ferguka has very kindly found: 2Gb M2 Micro card from E-buyer for £22.15 (using Google checkout - although I'm not too sure what that is :? ).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

20 Comments

I've bought a few micro sd cards from Play.com for friends and found them to be one of the cheapest around. Take a look here :thumbsup:

kinetic

I've bought a few micro sd cards from Play.com for friends and found them … I've bought a few micro sd cards from Play.com for friends and found them to be one of the cheapest around. Take a look here :thumbsup:

SE K800i doesn't take MicroSD it uses Memorystick M2 :roll:

airey

SE K800i doesn't take MicroSD it uses Memorystick M2 :roll:

Ah ok, my bad.

]Play.com is still about the cheapest for M2 cards. I got a 1Gb last week for £14.99 and, annoyingly, this has now come down to £14.49

Original Poster

Does anyone know if the K800i takes a 2Gb card?

foolsgold99

Does anyone know if the K800i takes a 2Gb card?

I got my phone last week and tried to find out if it supports 2gb. Found a few posts in forums but couldn't find out for certain so went for the 1gb. Maybe contacting SE directly would be your best plan.

Original Poster

yipykayay

I got my phone last week and tried to find out if it supports 2gb. Found … I got my phone last week and tried to find out if it supports 2gb. Found a few posts in forums but couldn't find out for certain so went for the 1gb. Maybe contacting SE directly would be your best plan.

thanks, I know what you mean. I can't seem to find it in the manual. Wonder if anyone can shed any light on it? I'm totally useless with these things.

the k800i does support up to 2gb, probably more, but the m2 only comes in up to 2gb anyway

]http//ww…799

Original Poster

shanecr

the k800i does support up to 2gb, probably more, but the m2 only comes in … the k800i does support up to 2gb, probably more, but the m2 only comes in up to 2gb anyway

Brilliant Thanks, 2Gb it is then. The next challenge is to find the cheapest one going. All suggests welcome.

i got a 1gb from ebay for £9, prob not genuine but if it works ok then i will keep it. if not i will sell back on ebay lol.

Purchased a 1gb M2 memory card from play.com a few months back for about £15 and has worked fine so far

shanecr

the k800i does support up to 2gb, probably more, but the m2 only comes in … the k800i does support up to 2gb, probably more, but the m2 only comes in up to 2gb anyway]http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?i=132648&thread=799

As I said, there are posts in forums but no official info. Chances are the phone will be fine with 2gb but even ]Sandisk recommend contacting the manufacturer.

yipykayay

As I said, there are posts in forums but no official info. Chances are … As I said, there are posts in forums but no official info. Chances are the phone will be fine with 2gb but even ]Sandisk recommend contacting the manufacturer.

the link i provided is as good as se telling you. the person is a friend, he owns a k800i, is a se guru, has a 2gb card in his phone.
    If he says it works, then it works. no ifs ands buts or maybes.

hope this puts you at ease.

Original Poster

Brilliant thanks very much shanecr. I just need to get a good price ona 2Gb card now.

slight aside, not trying to hijack the thread, has anyone got any tips for making this phone play randomly?

now, i know it's not a walkman phone, but it'd be a nice touch. even if you add all music to a playlist it'll still play in order. can't suss it on the se software either. have looked a little on se forums, but no joy.

thanks in advance.

If you go into the playlist and play a song then go to more - settings - play mode
    you should have shuffle or loop option hope that helps.
    Cheers

Original Poster

That's a good tip lurcheress. Anyone found any good deals on a 2Gb card yet?

lurcheress

If you go into the playlist and play a song then go to more - settings - … If you go into the playlist and play a song then go to more - settings - play mode you should have shuffle or loop option hope that helps.Cheers

it does help, thanks very much. i'd explored a few avenues, but didn't realise that the menu changed when you were actually playing a song.

cheers, rep added.

I asked those nice sony-ericson people what size memory the K800i could support and received this reply today.
    Excuse the broken English but this is an unedited copy/paste....

[COLOR=blue]Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, the maximum memory capacity for Sony Ericsson K800i handset, 4GB M2 card. However we advice you to go with 2GB M2 memory card card.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.
    [/COLOR]

Original Poster

Thanks Yipykayay
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions