Sony Ericsson k850 help

Hi well basically my phone has stopped working!
I turned it on this morning, fell back asleep and then when i woke up only the keypad lights and the blue ring around the camera were light up!
I have taken the battery out for a few min etc and still nothing
Does anybody know the problem?
Thanks
Jac!

22 Comments

Mines locked up a few times but always reset after battery has been removed. Have u tried taking sim card out and reseating it in case its that.

never happened to mine - battery problem? have you got another battery to try? obvios question, but is it just low on juice?

Original Poster

Nope I've put the phone on charge and everything
I turned it on, and the light on the keypad and camera just stay on constantly, and then when someone tried to ring me it just went straight into answerphone :-(

and you have removed the sim card and memory card too? EDIT: turn off phone, remove sim, battery, m2 card - turn on phone on AC power - turn off again - replace 3 items and reboot on battery HAD TO GO THRU THESE STEPS WITH 3TECH SUPPORT GUY WHEN I HAD A SKYPE PROB ON MINE.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;1691540

and you have removed the sim card and memory card too?

Yeah

the phone only properly resets if battery is removed whilst phone is turned on, so try that, if not try connecting it to seus on your pc.

shanecr;1691554

the phone only properly resets if battery is removed whilst phone is … the phone only properly resets if battery is removed whilst phone is turned on, so try that, if not try connecting it to seus on your pc.

interesting - let's hope this works!

Original Poster

Done both of the above now, still nothing

spikeyjacko;1691585

have you tried leaving it on fro a few hours? sometimes they sort themselves? Failing that you prob best sending it away to be looked at.

spikeyjacko;1691585

I hope it's under guarantee. If it's on contract you are covered, just means you'll be without the phone for 3-4 days. Good luck with it.

Original Poster

Bought it off a seller off another website, hopefully it will still be covered by the SE warrenty though!
My SEUS isnt even loading now

Liddle ol' me;1691590

I hope it's under guarantee. If it's on contract you are covered, just … I hope it's under guarantee. If it's on contract you are covered, just means you'll be without the phone for 3-4 days. Good luck with it.

more like 1-2 weeks aint it?

have you updated the firmware recently?

have you tried a software update from the sony ericsson web site??? heres a link

sonyericsson.com/cws…rue

if i remember right you just download the software to pc and follow the instructions, i had to do my k850i when i first got it

ericc78uk;1691622

have you tried a software update from the sony ericsson web site??? heres … have you tried a software update from the sony ericsson web site??? heres a linkhttp://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/updateservice?cc=gb&lc=en&showall=trueif i remember right you just download the software to pc and follow the instructions, i had to do my k850i when i first got it

yeah, that is seus, i have already suggested it and afraid it didnt work for op.

shanecr;1691601

more like 1-2 weeks aint it?

I meant if it is with a network. I had a prob with mine on 3 - phoned them Monday 2pm, courier picked it up Tuesday and returned it Thursday.

Original Poster

Yes it's on the latest firmware, and no it's not on a contract, might ring SE up later

Took delivery of K850i in early January and all was well for a month. Takes remarkable pictures. Then the keyboard stoped working but taking the battery seemed to reset it. Local o2 shop had it for two weeks and returned it working but with keybaord loose. Shop required original box for EMI number and that ment an extra journey.
Early March same problem but now local o2 shop say its looks like customer damage.
I have had a number of Sony phones and this is the poorest build quality. It will not last the year

Original Poster

I too agree.. I was trying to stick with this phone as I had the problem of not stickingwith more than one for a couple - 6 months lol but atm the w890i is looking very attractive!

Original Poster

Still nothing

check

[url]www.esato.com[/url] and then click the forums

there are loads of cases where the k850 dies like that
they call it the BrOD (blue ring of death)

Send it for repair, or sell it to me for cheap and I'll send it for repair
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2641
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions