Groups

Sony Ericsson W880i - No Network Coverage

Wondered if anyone could offer any advice. I have a SE W880i that charges up fine but it had a dip in water - so it's got the tell tale red marks on the phone and battery.

All functions work fine (MP3 player and camera etc) and there's an IMEI number on the phone (when you *#06# it) but the message is "NO NETWORK COVERAGE".

Anyone know if this is resolvable??

5 Comments

not sure. take it to a mobile shop and explain to them and see if they could give you a guide price to repair it.

when did it get wet? you tried puttting on a radiator to dry out and see if it functions then?

Your signal reciever has probably gone i think and with old phones it used to be seperate but now i think its built together with the board so i think the whole circuit board may have to be changed although im not sure best to double check with a shop.

Did you switch it straight back on and it powered up fine?

Original Poster

Thanks for replies! I bought it like it was. I beleive it was left to dry out for a period of time but now all boots up - just no signal!

i get teh same message, no water drop. Except I can find orange/t-mobile/3 but not o2!

it drains battery really fast and I've got no idea how to get o2. occasionally it will connect
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions